I don't get how trading Will and fat boy is going to clear up cap space. Won't we have to take back damn near thsame amount of money to back the deal equal salary wise? Anybody have a list of teams with some cap space, not enough for a max contract, but enough to take on those two salaries or at least one straight up?

I don't get how trading Will and fat boy is going to clear up cap space. Won't we have to take back damn near thsame amount of money to back the deal equal salary wise? Anybody have a list of teams with some cap space, not enough for a max contract, but enough to take on those two salaries or at least one straight up?

Originally Posted by beh235

I said this a long time ago, and now people realize this. I guess I didn't state my point clearly. I said on pg. 558 of this thread that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron AND another max free agent. It must have been the wording of what I said that made people think that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron at all. Looks like this is coming true. It also appears that it is unlikely that he is going to sign with the Knicks. Knick fans are wishful thinkers, but not getting Lebron is going to further ruin the franchise. They should gut the team and find a way to fire James Dolan. Donnie Walsh can only do so much with that cheap owner over him.
So all the media outlets that reported the Knick were the only team to afford 2 max guys until Chicago and New Jersey started dumping salary are wrong? And Dolan is far from cheap.

What are you smoking bro?

I said this a long time ago, and now people realize this. I guess I didn't state my point clearly. I said on pg. 558 of this thread that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron AND another max free agent. It must have been the wording of what I said that made people think that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron at all. Looks like this is coming true. It also appears that it is unlikely that he is going to sign with the Knicks. Knick fans are wishful thinkers, but not getting Lebron is going to further ruin the franchise. They should gut the team and find a way to fire James Dolan. Donnie Walsh can only do so much with that cheap owner over him.
So all the media outlets that reported the Knick were the only team to afford 2 max guys until Chicago and New Jersey started dumping salary are wrong? And Dolan is far from cheap.

who are these people in here??

anyhow prophecy put me on that knicks fan list. i been round here since like 04 or 05... in my earlier days as a member arguing for this team.
Now I just play the sidelines and watch. Some of the older NYK members would remember me. So i dont want anyone thinkin I just hopped on this wagon now.

I made a promise to myself to stay away from these knick threads until the 1st. but imma go crazy if I dont keep up.

anyhow prophecy put me on that knicks fan list. i been round here since like 04 or 05... in my earlier days as a member arguing for this team.
Now I just play the sidelines and watch. Some of the older NYK members would remember me. So i dont want anyone thinkin I just hopped on this wagon now.

I made a promise to myself to stay away from these knick threads until the 1st. but imma go crazy if I dont keep up.

um, what are you talking about?

They can sign 2 max free agents and would still have $2 million left over before they'd have to sign players to minimum deals.

Back
Top Bottom