Originally Posted by beh235

I said this a long time ago, and now people realize this. I guess I didn't state my point clearly. I said on pg. 558 of this thread that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron AND another max free agent. It must have been the wording of what I said that made people think that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron at all. Looks like this is coming true. It also appears that it is unlikely that he is going to sign with the Knicks. Knick fans are wishful thinkers, but not getting Lebron is going to further ruin the franchise. They should gut the team and find a way to fire James Dolan. Donnie Walsh can only do so much with that cheap owner over him.
Umm, what are you talking about?  Page 558? You realize how long ago that was
laugh.gif

Not to mention, how do you plan on firing the owner of the team?  And cheap owner?  Do you not realize what the Knicks team salary was at one point this past decade?

I said this a long time ago, and now people realize this. I guess I didn't state my point clearly. I said on pg. 558 of this thread that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron AND another max free agent. It must have been the wording of what I said that made people think that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron at all. Looks like this is coming true. It also appears that it is unlikely that he is going to sign with the Knicks. Knick fans are wishful thinkers, but not getting Lebron is going to further ruin the franchise. They should gut the team and find a way to fire James Dolan. Donnie Walsh can only do so much with that cheap owner over him.
laugh.gif

Not to mention, how do you plan on firing the owner of the team?  And cheap owner?  Do you not realize what the Knicks team salary was at one point this past decade?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Curry has to stay. His expiring contract is a KEY factor in to rebuilding for the future (which will help us out in the Lebron sweepstakes). Being a realist, I could see us landing JJ and Amare this season, maybe even Tony Parker. With those 3, we can have a solid season, and then NEXT YEAR try and get Melo. In two years if we can run with Tony Parker, Joe Johnson, Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudamire, and a vet center then I like our chances and making a run for a championship.

Curry has to stay. His expiring contract is a KEY factor in to rebuilding for the future (which will help us out in the Lebron sweepstakes). Being a realist, I could see us landing JJ and Amare this season, maybe even Tony Parker. With those 3, we can have a solid season, and then NEXT YEAR try and get Melo. In two years if we can run with Tony Parker, Joe Johnson, Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudamire, and a vet center then I like our chances and making a run for a championship.

Also to clarify, if we signed 2 max deals, we wouldn't get Curry's full contract in cap space to work with, increasing salaries would cut into that number some. Which is why moving him before the deadline, or even right now for the right pieces, would be the better move.

I like Chandler and think he could be a great addition to this team, but if the right pieces fall into place, he's expendable if that's what it takes to move Curry.

Also to clarify, if we signed 2 max deals, we wouldn't get Curry's full contract in cap space to work with, increasing salaries would cut into that number some. Which is why moving him before the deadline, or even right now for the right pieces, would be the better move.

I like Chandler and think he could be a great addition to this team, but if the right pieces fall into place, he's expendable if that's what it takes to move Curry.

Back
Top Bottom