tired.gif

last minute trip to chicago tmrw, staying until monday.... (only time ill be able to go anywhere this summer, got a surgery next thurs)

anyways,
a knicks fan (from toronto btw) in the windy city, at this time??
wink.gif

ill still rep, but dont want to get embarrassed out there....
laugh.gif

i still have high hopes for us though....
pimp.gif

I still believe that Lebron is coming to knicks if they get Joe johnson to go along with him, and than try and do a sign and trade with Lee..

I gaurentee, all of a sudden the Knicks become front runners for Lebron.. these reporters don't know $#!#!

Get Him To The Garden!!!!!!!!!
pimp.gif

wat u guys think of jordan farmar as your starting pg?? i think he could thrive in dantoni's system....

[h3]Heat and Bulls will meet with David Lee first, but the Nets visit could be interesting[/h3]
July, 1, 2010
Jul 1

5:11

AM ET

By Chris Sheridan

David Lee lined up four visits in the hours after midnight, and look who's going first: Chicago and Miami, two of the Knicks' biggest competitors in the pursuit of LeBron James.

Lee also plans to travel to Minnesota (which has been listening to trade offers for Al Jefferson) on Saturday, then meet next with the New Jersey Nets. More meetings could follow, as agent Mark Bartelstein said eight or nine teams inquired about the only player in the New York locker room (aside from Eddy Curry, who hasn't been seen there for the better part of the past two years) who endured all of the past five brutal seasons, logging 368 games and becoming the team's first All-Star since 2001.

It has been noted here that the timing of Lee's decision could have huge implications on the Knicks' pursuit of Chris Bosh, with a lot riding on whether some team puts an offer on the table for Lee and tells him to either take it now, or it's gone.

For now, we can logically exclude the Bulls and the Heat from making such a move. They, like the Knicks, have bigger fish to fry and will wait on LeBron.

Minnesota burned a sizeable chunk of its $13-14 million in cap space in signing Serbian center Nikola Pekovic away from Olympiacos of Greece, and it's doubtful Lee would jump at a starting salary of $10 million if the Wolves gave him a take-it-or leave it offer Saturday. He can get that number, or a higher one, elsewhere.

ESPN colleague Chad Ford notes in his story that Timberwolves general manager David Kahn believes Lee's skills fit the up-tempo offense coach Kurt Rambis wants to run better than Jefferson, who thrives in the halfcourt as one of the best low-post offensive players in the game.

"It is fluid. We don't know what will occur there," Kahn said of the possibility of trading Jefferson, who averaged 17.1 points and 9.3 rebounds in his first season back from major knee surgery. "David Lee plays a style of play that fits very well with who we are and who we aim to be. He's very productive. He runs very well. He's strong around the basket. Exceptional passer. We thought he would also be a very obvious fit for us going forward."

The wild card here is the Nets.

They will be the first team to meet with LeBron James this morning in Akron (with the Knicks going second), and they'll likely leave that sitdown with some sort of a reading on whether James would truly be willing to spend two seasons playing in Newark while the Nets' new arena in Brooklyn is built.

And if Mikhail Prokhorov and Jay-Z and Rod Thorn get back on their private jet and decide in-flight that James is not within their reach, they could be the team that forces Lee's hand when they meet with him Sunday.

Remember, the big Russian said in May that he plans to turn Knicks fans into Nets fans (and he's being bold about it).

What better way to get started down that road than by making a hard play for Lee? A take-it-or-leave-it play.

Lee is not only the most popular player among the Knicks' fan base, he was an All-Star last season, and he'd address what Prokhorov himself has identified as the Nets' No. 1 need - a power forward to play alongside Brook Lopez.

And another thing: Lee absolutely loves playing in New York, and if it was up to him he'd re-sign with the Knicks in a fingersnap if given the opportunity at a fair salary. But the Knicks are of the mind that they can live with him or without him, and they know the Toronto Raptors would take him in a sign-and-trade if Bosh decides he wants to play in New York.

But if Lee signs a five-year deal with the Nets, he'd be able to continue playing in the city (albeit in a different borough, and not until 2012) that has been his home for the past five years, a city where he's made a strong connection with the local fans.

In theory, at least, it adds a little drama to that meeting Sunday between Lee and the Nets.

[h1]Living In New York City Appeals To LeBron[/h1]Jul 01, 2010 7:35 AM EST
According to Frank Isola, LeBron James likes the idea of living in New York City over the next six years.

James "has told close associates that making New York City his home for the next six years appeals to him," Isola wrote.

The Knicks believe they can land James.

"You hear so much talk about where he might be going, but until he makes a decision, we know we have a chance," one member of the Knicks' front office said. "Donnie has a plan."

i wanna see lebron wade and bosh in miami with the rest being minimum salary vets.......6 rings in 6 years.....guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

did we sign anyone yet? I'm going to sleep.

July 8th is the earliest we can sign players...

um I was only joking...

Anyway, if Lebron comes to NY and wins a title he could kill a ##$%+# in broad daylight and no one will say a word.

First bad contract of the summer goes to:

According to Yahoo, Drew Gooden will sign a 5 year, $32 million contract on July 8 with the Bucks.

These GMs will give 5 years to anybody and not care that they'll regret it in year 3. Donnie better not follow suit.

i couldn't get any sleep yesterday because i was thinking of today
laugh.gif
... talk about anxious for free agency
smh.gif
... the 5th cant come soon enough when lebron makes a decision and also the 8th when teams can actually sign players... im praying the knicks pull off a miracle and sign someone relevant... I've been waiting since 04 to get back to the playoffs and hopefully this is the year

Bucher just on ESPN saying his sources have told him don't count NY out for Joe Johnson

if he got offered a 120 million dollar contract and hasn't signed yet, we must have said something interesting.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

First bad contract of the summer goes to:

According to Yahoo, Drew Gooden will sign a 5 year, $32 million contract on July 8 with the Bucks.

These GMs will give 5 years to anybody and not care that they'll regret it in year 3. Donnie better not follow suit.

How do you mess up the market that early

Originally Posted by DubA169

Bucher just on ESPN saying his sources have told him don't count NY out for Joe Johnson

if he got offered a 120 million dollar contract and hasn't signed yet, we must have said something interesting.
I don't believe that, there is no way a dude like JJ is leaving $30m on the table - no way.  

okay then why didn't he sign the dotted line already.....

i am just holding out on hope that he would prefer to have a legimite shot at a title and be loved forever. dudes in atlanta are not going to be happy with JJ 120 million. he already had problems with the fans this last playoffs. was getting booed badly. said he doesn't care if they show up

Back
Top Bottom