Originally Posted by BangDak

prophecy, did you really have to bring that picture up?
zeke2.jpg

utah is goign to laugh at that offer, although it isnt bad imo.
they're just going to get offers that make that one look silly.

and prophecy, just stop
smh.gif
smh.gif
frown.gif

damn bang u got a point. im too pissed about the uninspired crappy play of the knicks and forgot about gettin rid of jeffries. dude has to BALL though in orderfor any trade to go down. has anybody even come up with any possible scenarios? cuz i just dont see it happening.

kings offered some bum for him last season. i see them takign a chance again since kmart is out for 2 weeks.
i remember reading an article saying that they didnt want to start hawes+thompson at the same time because in case one gets in foul trouble, the bench would beunequal or something.

give me a few, ill work something out in the espn trade machine
laugh.gif

I think this is the worst i have ever felt about the Knicks. I at least always felt positive but now...naah.

%!@%*%+ realgm trade machine. *+$# sucks.
sergio+kenny thomas for nate+jefferies.
i was going to add more bums like desmond mason, ime udoka, sean may, and jon brockman so we could throw duhon in the mix but it wouldnt work out.
seriously though, are those all rookies or just bums? ive nvr even heard of those names
laugh.gif
smh.gif

and do you guys think redd is expendable? bucks seem like they dont have a problem scoring without him, they might as well entertain some offers.

who cares about trade machines and !%%#

use your time wisely and find a way to get lebron money under the table. do we have him sign for million and give him a tv channel to compensate and get himtalent? can we just put money in a cayman island account for him? make jefferies and curry disappear? give him store credit?

honestly it wouldnt even matter if we had the first pick cuz its not like donnie would know what to do with it...since hes been on the knicks we drafted gallo,douglas and hill... but we passed up on decent point guards in last years draft like bayless, gordon and augustin.... and we couldve got brook lopez last yearand brandon jennings this year.... hes a good gm but he hasnt drafted anyone great since hes been on the knicks... its still too early to tell with douglas andhill but jennings is looking good and we need a good pg especially with duhon being garbage... but maybe douglas can fill his role... well see...im justbringing this all up cuz yall gettin mad about giving our pick to utah when the knicks havent had a good draft since maybe 06.... isiah wasnt great either hepicked balkman instead of rondo....

honestly it wouldnt even matter if we had the first pick cuz its not like donnie would know what to do with it...since hes been on the knicks we drafted gallo, douglas and hill... but we passed up on decent point guards in last years draft like bayless, gordon and augustin....
- donnie is a smart man
- gallo is a good pick
- douglas was a good pick
- hill will be fine
- bayless can not get on the court, nor is he a true pg
- gordon is not a pg
- gallo is better than augustin. Augustin is too small to factor in a major way in the NBA.

...we can stop talking about trading for a pick. lotto picks are valued in this league. what we can and will do again is buy one in the 20's.

Originally Posted by I LOVE my Jordans

honestly it wouldnt even matter if we had the first pick cuz its not like donnie would know what to do with it...since hes been on the knicks we drafted gallo, douglas and hill... but we passed up on decent point guards in last years draft like bayless, gordon and augustin.... and we couldve got brook lopez last year and brandon jennings this year.... hes a good gm but he hasnt drafted anyone great since hes been on the knicks... its still too early to tell with douglas and hill but jennings is looking good and we need a good pg especially with duhon being garbage... but maybe douglas can fill his role... well see...im just bringing this all up cuz yall gettin mad about giving our pick to utah when the knicks havent had a good draft since maybe 06.... isiah wasnt great either he picked balkman instead of rondo....
Hindsight is always 20/20, besides you said it yourself, it's too early to tell with Douglas and Hill. Not to mention Douglas was picked like29th anyway, and was a good value pick to me.

I rather take the chance on Gallo's potential and his skills than have drafted the "decent" point guards you mentioned. At our pick last yearthe players I wanted were gone, so I was happy with Gallinari.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

honestly it wouldnt even matter if we had the first pick cuz its not like donnie would know what to do with it...since hes been on the knicks we drafted gallo, douglas and hill... but we passed up on decent point guards in last years draft like bayless, gordon and augustin....
- donnie is a smart man
- gallo is a good pick
- hill will be fine
- gordon is not a pg
- gallo is better than augustin. Augustin is too small to factor in a major way in the NBA.

...we can stop talking about trading for a pick. lotto picks are valued in this league. what we can and will do again is buy one in the 20's.

I agree with everything accept the part where hill will be fine

I don't like that he's a baseball player, point blank. should have gotten jennings and traded him when his selfish side you speak of came out. gallowas a damn good pick, i had my doubts, but i've come around. best attitude on the team

i was just bringing up those guards from last year draft as an example.... i really wanted brook lopez.... we dont have a center and havent had a solid oncesince ewing....not saying gallo is not a good player cuz he is but i rather have a solid center in brook.... hes already good now is only going to getbetter.... but with gallo i guess they picked him cuz he can shoot and fits dantonis system better...hopefully he turns out to be like dirk within the futurewho knows

Originally Posted by Al3xis

- donnie is a smart man
- gallo is a good pick
- hill will be fine
- gordon is not a pg

We are usually in agreement and I couldn't agree with you more. Knicks fan need to look at the bigger picture as far as what management is accomplishinghere and keep the faith.

Originally Posted by DubA169

who cares about trade machines and !%%#

use your time wisely and find a way to get lebron money under the table. do we have him sign for million and give him a tv channel to compensate and get him talent? can we just put money in a cayman island account for him? make jefferies and curry disappear? give him store credit?
i asked cuz if Lee and Nate are not able to traded on that then maybe they cant be traded in real life

Eric Gordon still would have been nice, but it's always hard to tell in the actual draft, I think you guys did just fine.

Winners of the Marbury trade
BY FRANK ISOLA

With the Utah Jazz in town on Monday it is worth remembering - brace yourself Knicks' supporters - that Utah owns the Knicks 2010 first round pick. Imaginethat: the Knicks lose the Jazz win.

This all goes back to the Stephon Marbury trade with Phoenix that Isiah Thomas concocted. The Suns eventually traded the pick to Utah. The Knicks weredesperate to give the Garden some life so Isiah jumped the gun for a short term gain. The Knicks were a complete mess during Marbury's run as point guardand they haven't gotten any better since he left.

But just about everyone else benefitted from the Marbury trade, including:

Mike D'Antoni - The Suns dramatically changed their franchise by trading Marbury. It allowed them to clear cap space to sign Steve Nash, who went on tobecome a two-time MVP.

Although D'Antoni never made it to an NBA Finals with the Suns he was named Coach of the Year and became such a hot commodity that Donnie Walsh gaveD'Antoni a $24 million contract.

Isiah Thomas - Yes, I know what you're thinking: if the trade was a bust how did Isiah benefit? Well, with Marbury on the roster the Knicks had a 29-34record during the 2006-07 season. Nowhere else in the universe would that mark be celebrated; except at Madison Square Garden where Thomas received a contractextension. (I'm not making this up.)

Garden Chairman James Dolan said at Thomas' press conference that Isiah's accomplishment "needs to be recognized now and not wait."

"I believe we have clearly seen significant and evident progress," Dolan said. (Unfortunately, I'm not making that up either.)

Anucha Browne Sanders - At the infamous sexual harassment trial, Marbury's testimony about calling the former Garden executive a derogatory name andadmitting to an extramarital affair with an intern sealed Isiah's fate. (I still can't believe he lost.) Anyway, Sanders walked away with an $11million settlement.

Jason Kidd - While Marbury called himself the best point guard in the NBA, Kidd was building his Hall of Fame resume in New Jersey. Kidd didn't alwayshandle himself in a professional way off the court and he forced his way out of New Jersey. But he is viewed as the anti-Marbury and thus his reputationremains intact.

Charlie Ward - Marbury once said the Knicks would never win a championship with Charlie at the point and he was right. Of course, Charlie made it to the Finalsand gave the Knicks toughness and leadership at the position. Marbury only brought a scowl to the position. The Ward years look better every day.

Scott Layden - The former Knicks GM was replaced by Isiah. Layden was working on a Marbury deal in the weeks before he was canned. Isiah swooped in andsweetened the deal for Phoenix with a couple of first round picks, one of which eventually was traded to Utah where Layden now works.

Come to think of it, maybe Layden was working as a double agent the entire time. Brilliant.
alg_marbury2.jpg

yeah because I'm sure jordan spent the majority of his time playing baseball and not basketball.

I dunno what you're talking about rose for. -

Rose's passion: "I love to watch basketball. I want to be the best at my position. There's no point playing sports or anything if you don'ttry to be the best. I want to win and want people to talk about me."
-- On other sports: "I don't pay much attention to baseball. I played baseball and lost four or five games in arow and knew it was not my sport. I watch football a little bit. I hear about the Bears. But I don't get into it a lot."

so rose played like 4 games and all of a sudden he was growing up a baseball player like hill? I prefer someone who grew up playing basketball. They usuallyhave a better feel for the game and have a better b ball IQ (i know rose and IQ shouldn't be in the same sentence)
http://blogs.bulls.com/chicago_bulls_blog/2009/10/inside-derrick-rose-and-the-200910-bulls.html
keep going though and put some players from this decade, because I'm curious.

Back
Top Bottom