Originally Posted by wawaweewa

I've been telling my friends for over a year now.

LBJ doesn't want to play for NY. He doesn't want the pressure. If he doesn't win a championship in his first year the pressure afterwards will be crazy intense and will only get worse for each year without the trophy.

I could see him going to NJ (amongst other places). Why? The first 2 years will be a write off until the nets move and will be billed as a "building" period.
The first year the team moves into Brooklyn will be the honeymoon phase so it won't matter whether they win a chip or not. If they do, it'd be an added bonus. In 3 years a lot can happen.
lbj wants to win asap. you think he wants to wait another 2 years? u crazy.

Allan Hahn is shooting down the rumor already saying he doesnt believe any free agent is going to take less money, havent the Lakers done this tho with Lamar Odom and Ron Artest who could have gotten more money from other teams than what the lakers paid them?

the players union would have a fit if they johnson and amare took less money to that amount. BUT i do belive they could recoup that.

imagine being known as the most unselfish basketball players of all time, and the reason that the knicks get lebron and win a title. JJ and amare will never have to buy a meal for the rest of their natural born lives. it would be very interesting.

i told yall it's fishy that JJ ain't verbally committed. it's been a couple days already. i just can't see them taking less money. i can't see it even in my dreams

if amare if really already reaching out to all stars (parker) then listen you gotta give him credit. he WANTS to be a new york knick. and he deserves our love for that alone at the moment the way we are getting murdered in the media. if lebron doesn't leave because his fam and friends feel they will be marginalized or lose clout in ohio then he's a certified vagina.

As everyone knows, I reported last week on my morning drive show on Fox Sports Radio that LeBron James would join Dwayne Wade in Miami and take Chris Bosh with him to join the Heat. At the moment, that is still very possible, but there’s been a potentially huge monkey wrench thrown into the equation — with (understandable) greed on the part of Bosh being the main culprit.

So listen up. Here’s the breakdown:

All along, Pat Riley’s plan as President of the Heat was to convince Wade to take a paycut and offer all three (Wade, LeBron and Bosh) deals averaging approximately $15.7 mil….with opt-outs after three years. But since Bosh wants the max at all cost (and he’s trying to get it in a sign-and-trade deal with Houston), it changed the game for everyone. Especially Miami and New York.

Suddenly, the Knicks jumped into the fray yesterday and offered the same options to Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudamire and LeBron. Despite expecting a max offer from the Atlanta Hawks, it’s believed Johnson is considering the Knicks  just for the opportunity to play in New York with LeBron. Stoudamire will do the same if LeBron comes to NY, but both will settle for no less than max dollars if James elects NOT to come to NY — which brings us back to KING JAMES.

The good news for LeBron is that he has the option of choosing any team he wants to play for. The bad news is that D-Wade will be pushing for him to make a decision quickly. Otherwise D-Wade may make it for LeBron James, himself.

If D-Wade elects to stop waiting for LeBron to commit to Miami — or becomes convinced it’s not going to work out because of Bosh’ reluctance to settle for less than the Max — then he’ll have the choice of committing to Chicago (where his two children can be close to both parents, since Wade’s soon-to-be ex lives in Chicago) or head to New York.

Moreso, Wade can choose to leapfrog over Johnson and accept the deal in NY with LeBron and Stoudamire, join Johnson and Stoudamire in NY, or just head to the Bulls to play with Derrick Rose.

Either way, it creates an uncomfortable dilemma for James.

Even if The Chosen One wants to stay in Cleveland, how could he if D-Wade heads to NY with Stoudamire and possibly Johnson? Or if Wade elects to leave for Chicago, how could James stay in Cleveland with Wade/Rose/Joakim Noah in Chicago? Worse, how could James just stand pat knowing the NY Knicks would have Stoudamire and possibly Johnson — with a real possibility of getting Carmelo Anthony (who turned down a 3-year, $65-mil extension in Denver b/c he wants to come to NY next season) or Kevin Durant for the 2011 season?

Even better: How can LeBron turn down NY when he could join Johnson and Stoudamire there next season, knowing the Knicks will still be able to get Carmelo in 2011 once Eddy Curry comes off their salary cap?

LeBron may be the answer to everyone’s prayers, but he’s also the one with the biggest questions. Ironically, with all the moves being made, King James is the one individual in danger of making the wrong move, and paying dearly for it.

Afterll, it may be about the money with everyone else. With James, it’s about a title….and his legacy.
Friday, July 2nd, 2010 at 10:34 pm
by Stephen A.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Funny how people are beginning to hold Lee in unusually high regard.
When you look at the deals that Amir Johnson and Darko got, it kind of makes sense.

BTW, if we add JJ and Amare I think we should just get Felton to run the point. He'd be a great, cheap fit for this team and system.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

SMH @ this Amar'e signing rumor.. We could of kept D.Lee for cheaper.

laugh.gif
@ yal still thinking this is a good look.

david lee is NOT signing for a small amount. i'm telling you guys. he will get PAID. i think over 12 million.

and it is a good look for us. you aren't attracting any other serious players with lee. if we don't get lebron and go after melo who do you guys think he would rther play with? lee or amare. this is ridiculous.

Do not see that players taking less scenario happening, Billy Hunter and the PA would be UPSET, and there would be some serious repercussions. It's one thing for an aging vet, or solid MLE type player to take less to play on a contender but if you are guys like JJ, and Amare who could get the max (unjustly or not) and you turn that down, you better believe the owners and David Stern would have a field day with this at the bargaining table when the new CBA is being discussed.

damn man if that happens id be willing to drive out from LI to msg everyday to make sure donnies wheelchair rims are shining bright

Steven A. Smith thinking clearly
pimp.gif
Everything he said makes sense depending on the scenarios. Going to NJ and just waiting years for them to get better is idiotic.

Plus all these teams are trying to get better so even if Bosh gets a sign and trade, Wade stays, and Bron stays all that happens is the Knicks and Chi get better depending on the PFs they get.

The deal the knicks are offering "Johnson and Stoudamire there next season, knowing the Knicks will still be able to get Carmelo in 2011" is the most alluring.

Can I get confirmation on Melo turning down the Denver offer tho?
eek.gif
pimp.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Steven A. Smith thinking clearly
pimp.gif
Everything he said makes sense depending on the scenarios. Going to NJ and just waiting years for them to get better is idiotic.

Plus all these teams are trying to get better so even if Bosh gets a sign and trade, Wade stays, and Bron stays all that happens is the Knicks and Chi get better depending on the PFs they get.

The deal the knicks are offering "Johnson and Stoudamire there next season, knowing the Knicks will still be able to get Carmelo in 2011" is the most alluring.

Steaven A Smith makes a lot of sense
pimp.gif

You guys really think Johnson is going to take HALF of Atlanta's contract proposal. Quite frankly, SAS is playing this journalism game pretty well.

my mouth is watering like homer simpson at the possibility of getting lebron, jj and amare AND THENNNNNNNN having money for a possible melo....jeesh the hopes are high in this fan.

are the knicks still planning to do a s&t to get parker? if so, the potential line can be parker, jj, amare, lebron, and ____? daaaaaaaaamn....real exciting news, but this story will prolly change within the next 12 hours.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

You guys really think Johnson is going to take HALF of Atlanta's contract proposal. Quite frankly, SAS is playing this journalism game pretty well.
I didn't think so but it's obvious he's watching what other FAs are doing. That ATL offer gonna be there for days. They wouldn't dear threaten a deadline.

I think playing with Bron and Amare is appealing to him and just Amare and possibly Melo the season after is just as appealing. I would think he wants to win but who knows maybe the money is more important but like DUBA said if he and Amare take pay cuts for the pursuit of winning championships they'll be lauded here to no end. They'd be known as the guys that got Bron to NY (if he comes).

But he could pass on that, be rich and just get no rings like Dirk.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't know if JJ, Amare, LeBron and Melo would work.
im sure jj, amare, and lebron will have sick chemistry, but I dont know about adding melo....

SAS makes some good points in that article and is also why I got more excited with the Amare signing as the Bosh situation started to crumble.  The timing couldn't have been better for us to get in with Amare.
Now that Bosh seems like he's out for Miami because Riley won't offer him the max and Chicago has hinted at it too it looks like he may be going to Houston or staying put in Toronto.  What would be hilarious is if absolutely no one offered him a max.

But with us taking Amare and Bosh's situation looking bleak, as SAS said it puts a lot of pressure on LBJ and Wade.  One of them is going to end up in a great situation, the other may be a little shaky.  Either way, I think Miami is screwed here and is going to be out of the picture.  No one is going to the 3-way "paycut" in Miami when they can do the exact same thing in NYC with Gallo/Douglas/Chandler/Curry's expiring.  Jersey doesn't seem to be a serious threat which pretty much boils down to Chicago and us for Bron & Wade.

Not saying I think it will happen, but the chips are starting to fall in a way that's making me more confident with each passing moment.

Bron, JJ, Amare, and Melo, would just be unreal...

Stephen is always a smart guy with his analysts, but theres no way in hell that happens...

SAS makes some good points in that article and is also why I got more excited with the Amare signing as the Bosh situation started to crumble.  The timing couldn't have been better for us to get in with Amare.
Now that Bosh seems like he's out for Miami because Riley won't offer him the max and Chicago has hinted at it too it looks like he may be going to Houston or staying put in Toronto.  What would be hilarious is if absolutely no one offered him a max.

But with us taking Amare and Bosh's situation looking bleak, as SAS said it puts a lot of pressure on LBJ and Wade.  One of them is going to end up in a great situation, the other may be a little shaky.  Either way, I think Miami is screwed here and is going to be out of the picture.  No one is going to the 3-way "paycut" in Miami when they can do the exact same thing in NYC with Gallo/Douglas/Chandler/Curry's expiring.  Jersey doesn't seem to be a serious threat which pretty much boils down to Chicago and us for Bron & Wade.

Not saying I think it will happen, but the chips are starting to fall in a way that's making me more confident with each passing moment.

Back
Top Bottom