Originally Posted by jehims

ESPN radio is saying that amare will prolly get 17 mil a year...not 20...

Ur right I just heard the same thing on the Bill show
nerd.gif

5 years, 17M first year with 10% increases. (espn radio)

looks like...

1 $17,000,000 $17,000,000
2 $18,360,000 $35,360,000
3 $19,720,000 $55,080,000
4 $21,080,000 $76,160,000
5 $22,440,000 $98,600,000

We need to keep in mind the Bulls can only sign one max right now. There's no way Bron and Wade were going to Chi for less money and I don't think Cle can/will do a sign and trade with Chi.

The Heats beat writer Ira Winderman said Wade's agent texted him saying nothing is imminent.
More BS from the Chicago-loving media.

Maybe Maverick "leaked" that info about not being impressed with the Knicks presentation? He seems mad insecure. I might be reading too much into it, but when they left the knicks meeting he was pushing a big escalade while lebron drove/ was driven in a Range. The escalde screams "look at me, im somebody" The range is more understated

If they signed up there, it would almost force LeBron here with Amare IMO.
  Nets with boozer or Lee is a better roster than what the knicks have, heck even without boozer and lee if i'm lebron i rather go to the nets

Bulls
Cavs
Nets
i'll be shocked if bron doesnt land on one of those teams

Originally Posted by you go boy

yo if we got joe johnson and amare and trade curry and chandler for parker i would be happy with that lineup... and i could honestly say the knicks had a good offseason and the 2 years of clearing space was worth it... i want lebron just as much as everyone else but i wouldn't just rely on getting him... the knicks would instantly be a top 4 team in the east maybe 3 with that lineup... they would be the east coast version of the suns
pimp.gif
While I'm not so hot on Amare and Joe Johnson as either individual players or as a tandem (and def not for max contracts), I've always loved the idea of having Tony Parker as the Knicks point guard.  When people discuss the best PGs in the league, his name often gets overlooked, but he'd fit in perfectly with the type of offense they're trying to develop. And he's at a perfect age where both his physical ability and experience combined are at its peak.  It's highly unattainable, but it would be a gift for this team to have him feeding these (potential) players.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I'm not a Knicks fan but this is some bull the media is pulling right now. I haven't read a single positive article yet about the Knicks in this whole thing. %@!! has me kinda heated cause I've been pulling for the Knicks to turn it around for a while now, and every time I turn on ESPN or try to read some news to find out what's going on I can literally tell that they're trying to make them look bad. Now I see that Adrian Wojanowski dude was saying that LBJ's camp wasn't pleased with the "preparedness and organization" of the presentation....and that Lebron was turned off by Donnie Walsh being in a wheel chair for the meeting and James Dolan's appearance?? Come the %@$@ on. If I was a Knicks fan I would just straight up not listen to any basketball news for the next 2 weeks. Just turn the TV on to Sportscenter when Lebron has a press conference cause none of these dudes on TV are telling the truth right now.
Glad some people other than Knicks fans see this.  All this negative press and speculation on the part of some of the more vocal sports media clowns has been the most embarrassing aspect of this circus. People swallow it right up, but it's just too obvious how readily these mouthpieces sell themselves out to the interests of people who are doing nothing more than trying to stake their claim in NBA management/agent circles. These reporters get reps for bringing in the latest blockbuster scoops while the couple of people feeding them this misinformation get a boost in their careers.

why would lebron go back to cleveland?  that squad hasnt worked out for him there to go back. does cleveland have any money to get anyone else?

Click on any LBJ article on Yahoo Sports and look at the column on the far right - it's team summary for all the big FA teams in the mix: Chicago, Miami and NJ.  We can't even get a box? 
roll.gif

But Tony's, really not one of the top 5 point guards in the league. If your point guard doesnt have a consistent jumpshot in this offense, you're in trouble. He's real good in getting into the lane, ill give him that.

You guys act as if giving Amare 17per year isnt enough. I honestly rather give Lee a max.

I dont really like the idea of Amare and JJ, but ill take it. At least we're not going to wind up with another losing season.

laugh.gif
at Mike recuiting all his fellow players. Whose next, resigning House, and getting Nash?

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Maybe Maverick "leaked" that info about not being impressed with the Knicks presentation? He seems mad insecure. I might be reading too much into it, but when they left the knicks meeting he was pushing a big escalade while lebron drove/ was driven in a Range. The escalde screams "look at me, im somebody" The range is more understated

lol..............

really?

Parker also excels more in the half court than in transition.  Personally I don't think he's a good fit for us, but I wouldn't complain if we got him without giving up Gallo.

Knicks fans for your own sanity and well being, you'd be well advised to avoid Yahoo and ESPN. Some much BS being thrown out there, these "experts" are banking on something that eventually sticks. Listening to 99% of these so called experts one would think your watching Fox News or MSNBC with their extremely biased views. Where did objectivity go? As a fan of the game with no allegiance to any team, I am rooting for the Knicks to bounce back after all this drama. While Lebron is uber talented and the most talented player in the game, I think he is weak minded and lacks that killer mentality. I could really see him being afraid to come to NY and having to live up to the expectations of winning a title sooner rather than later. One caller on the Bill Daughtry show said it best, Lebron wants to be loved/liked by everyone, Kobe and Michael could give a finger in the middle, their focus is/was championships.

Originally Posted by DubA169

5 years, 17M first year with 10% increases. (espn radio)

looks like...

1 $17,000,000 $17,000,000
2 $18,360,000 $35,360,000
3 $19,720,000 $55,080,000
4 $21,080,000 $76,160,000
5 $22,440,000 $98,600,000
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

lol..............

really?

yea, i got nothing else.

I honestly rather give Lee a max.

mike_dantoni_knows_his_wife_is_hot.jpg

You can count the amount of players better than Amare post all star break this year on one hand.

He might not be worth a max deal -- or as good as Bosh, but he's pretty darn close.

as much as i love lee and his game he is nowhere close to the max... i would give him 10 mil a year max... his defense is garbage and his game is based on put backs and pick and rolls and this is why his FG% is inflated... his jumper is decent at best...lee is a good player but i wouldn't pay him that much money in my opinion... lee is probably as good as kurt thomas in his prime but with better offense instead of defense... i say this because kurt was the hustle guy for the knicks that did all the dirty work... you might laugh at this comparison but kurt averaged a double double a couple years...

If the Knicks sign Amare and JJ to max deals, they're fools. Amare has regressed. And sure JJ got better from his Suns days, but not so much better that he can compensate for not having Nash around. If that Suns team couldn't make it to the finals, no way this team can. They'll be a playoff team with Amare and JJ for sure, but they won't be getting out of the second round probably ever.

Some beat writer from the Bulls is on the Bill Daughtry Show right now that the Buzz in Chicago is that Wade and Lebron are going to end up with the Bulls!!!

Originally Posted by Beats05

If the Knicks sign Amare and JJ to max deals, they're fools. Amare has regressed. And sure JJ got better from his Suns days, but not so much better that he can compensate for not having Nash around. If that Suns team couldn't make it to the finals, no way this team can. They'll be a playoff team with Amare and JJ for sure, but they won't be getting out of the second round probably ever.

regressed? He's added a 17 foot jumper and was one of the best players after the all-star break. And the Suns have been some bad breaks away from making it to the Finals. If Horry doesn't hip check nash, they win. If the NBA was paying attention, they would've suspended TD and TP for getting off the bench when Elson and Barbosa got into it a little.

Back
Top Bottom