pimp.gif

loving our chances right now

I'm sorry the Knicks have failed as a team thelast 10 years.. but everyone should be a fan after hearing about that presentation. Lol.. I'm thoroughly impressed.. and please our roster would be complete with Lebron and co.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

I think i might be the only knick fan to like Chandler....

Only reason i would consider trading him now is cuz i think Bill Walkr is gonna be a problem.. and dude won't even make $1M this or next season
You are definitely not the only one. Chandler is still on his rookie contract and aside from shying away in the clutch I think he's a phenomenal player. He definitely won't command a lot of money in the open market but here are the positives:

Has the ability to take over a game offensively.
He has the best height on the team, playing SF at 6'8, he can match up with any SG or SF on any other team.
He's a perfect complementary player.. doesn't demand the ball, can box out in the paint and doesn't hesitate to pass.

For what he's worth, he's really talented and I think he'll only get better. Considering he was the only Knick that was a threat to penetrate the basket, he did well for himself. And if we add a guy like Wade or 'Bron (
smokin.gif
crack), he'll get even better shot opportunities.

Lebron coming to this team, this city, means more to us then anyone could possibly imagine. Winces I was 5 I wanted to see us raise a banner. I've seen the yankees and giants and rangers bring a chanpionship home but none of that would mean what a basketball championship would mean. Please lebron if you chose to leave pick the one city that will appreciate every moment you would give us. Please chose a town that deserves a great basketball team. Chose us.

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Lebron coming to this team, this city, means more to us then anyone could possibly imagine. Winces I was 5 I wanted to see us raise a banner. I've seen the yankees and giants and rangers bring a chanpionship home but none of that would mean what a basketball championship would mean. Please lebron if you chose to leave pick the one city that will appreciate every moment you would give us. Please chose a town that deserves a great basketball team. Chose us.

QFE!

I'm all for Amare JJ but I wouldn't want that giving up Gallo. Dude has potential to be something great. Wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to Dirk like. If Lebron comes he comes but can't say the Knicks organization didn't try. I just hope Wade takes that deal with Chicago and I really hope Bosh is lucked out for being a douche.

Originally Posted by you go boy

laugh all you want but i think in my opinion the knicks have the best chance to sign lebron because they have the best coach compared to the nets, bulls, cavs, and heat...

Hell no.

Even Avery might get votes for being a better coach than D'amnphony.

Avery and Byron have both taken their respective teams to the Finals.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

I've been telling my friends for over a year now.

LBJ doesn't want to play for NY. He doesn't want the pressure. If he doesn't win a championship in his first year the pressure afterwards will be crazy intense and will only get worse for each year without the trophy.

I could see him going to NJ (amongst other places). Why? The first 2 years will be a write off until the nets move and will be billed as a "building" period.
The first year the team moves into Brooklyn will be the honeymoon phase so it won't matter whether they win a chip or not. If they do, it'd be an added bonus. In 3 years a lot can happen.
lbj wants to win asap. you think he wants to wait another 2 years? u crazy.
He may want to win a chip to get all the haters off of his back but a) coming to the Knicks doesn't guarantee him %%!# other than making a ton of money the first few years (especially knowing the history) and b) the move could backfire like no other if he doesn't win.

The pressure will be intense and will only become greater for every year he doesn't win the trophy in NY.
Something tells me Lebron ain't about all that pressure.

LBJ doesn't want to play for NY. He doesn't want the pressure. If he doesn't win a championship in his first year the pressure afterwards will be crazy intense and will only get worse for each year without the trophy.

I could see him going to NJ (amongst other places). Why? The first 2 years will be a write off until the nets move and will be billed as a "building" period.
The first year the team moves into Brooklyn will be the honeymoon phase so it won't matter whether they win a chip or not. If they do, it'd be an added bonus. In 3 years a lot can happen.
He may want to win a chip to get all the haters off of his back but a) coming to the Knicks doesn't guarantee him %%!# other than making a ton of money the first few years (especially knowing the history) and b) the move could backfire like no other if he doesn't win.

The pressure will be intense and will only become greater for every year he doesn't win the trophy in NY.
Am I the only one who thinks Lebron puts "winning" second, behind building his global brand?  I'm not debating where he'll go, but I now have a feeling he'll end up somewhere in the tri-state area.....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Am I the only one who thinks Lebron puts "winning" second, behind building his global brand?  I'm not debating where he'll go, but I now have a feeling he'll end up somewhere in the tri-state area.....

Only way any of this global brand stuff (which I believe has been overplayed by the media as another reason to stir up this speculation; another one being he wants to be recruited... okay) will really take off if he wins a championship, at least one if not more. I just don't see LeBron getting that much bigger if he doesn't win. It's all about rings/winning for many of these global athletes, even in other sports.

Originally Posted by John Sterling

yes man i agree

growin up watchin the knicks with my pops is big part of my childhood, pops would yell at the TV, throw remotes etc. Ive watched baseball and football with him also but the Knicks hold a more special place in his heart.  Id love to see knicks back............................i also never been to a knicks game before an ill def try an attain a few tickets.

I think all the talk about pressure is overblown. NY hasn't had a real winner in 40 years. We've been the laughing stock of the NBA for the last 10, and considering how bad we've been, fans have been relatively patient. We've sat through years of horrible basketball, and the Garden is still packed.

We just want to win more than 30 games.

i really dont buy all this "well this team has a better roster for lebron" bull !@*% cuz point blank he is the the only mega free agent out there that actually makes his teammates better(you can argue that wade does that aswell but i dont believe that). so long as he has a LEGIT number 2 guy he will contend for a title no matter where he goes. You see what he made out of that cavs team. made garbage +%! players like gibson, jj hickson, and anderson better.

so all these guys trashing the knicks roster is dumb. great players make teammates better.

so say the knicks get amare and lebron cant they still sign mike miller for the mle?? pick up a vet big man for the vm. add that to what they have now and maybe give curry another chance.

That would be a helluva team.

again a guy like lebron can only make guys like douglas and chandler better

i just dont see how he can pass up playing at the garden every night. this man is too special than to be caged in a dump like cleveland his whole life.

Back
Top Bottom