Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by you go boy

laugh all you want but i think in my opinion the knicks have the best chance to sign lebron because they have the best coach compared to the nets, bulls, cavs, and heat...

Hell no.

Even Avery might get votes for being a better coach than D'amnphony.

Avery and Byron have both taken their respective teams to the Finals.
ya but neither has won the championship and dantoni is good every year going to the playoffs and going far too... if you don't count the knicks years hes a pretty good coach
laugh.gif

NobleKane, I believe you don't get the MLE if you're under the cap, so no we wouldn't be able to sign anyone with that.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^Cleveland home games looked pretty cool to me.

there are more celebrities in a random tuesday night game for the trash knicks then there are for the conference finals of a cavs game

our crowd is insane. just look at johnson's 4 point play videos, the building is literally shaking

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^Cleveland home games looked pretty cool to me.

there are more celebrities in a random tuesday night game for the trash knicks then there are for the conference finals of a cavs game

our crowd is insane. just look at johnson's 4 point play videos, the building is literally shaking

QFT

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by you go boy

laugh all you want but i think in my opinion the knicks have the best chance to sign lebron because they have the best coach compared to the nets, bulls, cavs, and heat...

Hell no.

Even Avery might get votes for being a better coach than D'amnphony.

Avery and Byron have both taken their respective teams to the Finals.

if Robert Horry doesn't throw steve nash into the damn table they go on to win a championship

Serious question, how much do you think the tickets are going to go up if 2 big names come to town. I usualy go to around 3 games a season, but have been getting good deals. I hope I can get a few games still. If not, Newark is a short drive for 2 of my games.

^ where do you sit and how much do you pay? im considering going to the garden and nosebleeds are not an option

i heard they will go up 12% if they specifically get LBJ. There were percentages for other players too. i didn't hear this from the internet, but this was months ago so it could have changed

Originally Posted by tim teufel

i just dont see how he can pass up playing at the garden every night. this man is too special than to be caged in a dump like cleveland his whole life.

I agree I believe that is the only reason that gives the Knicks the edge on LeBRON ... I just dont understand why nobody would not like to play for the Knicks, I mean is New York City you have to be a fool not play for the Knicks I understand the team is not great but with Lebron I believe it will change the franchise it will be like the Knicks winning the lottery back in 1985 when they drafted Ewing.....

[h1]Mason Draws Interest From Blazers, Knicks, Bulls And Clippers
[/h1]Jul 03, 2010 10:11 AM EST

Mason_Roger_san.jpg
The Blazers, Knicks, Bulls and Clippers have expressed interest in free-agent guard Roger Mason, sources have told Ken Berger of CBS Sports.
[h1]Knicks Want To Pair Parker With Amar'e[/h1]
Jul 03, 2010 9:57 AM EST

Parker_Tony_san.jpg
The Knicks are expected to try and pry Tony Parker away from the Spurs in order to pair him with Amar'e Stoudemire.

A person close to both players told the New York Daily News that Parker and Stoudemire have talked about playing together in either New York or Miami.

"It's perfect for Tony because he wants to be in New York and he wants to play with Amar'e," said the source.

The Knicks need a point guard to play with Stoudemire, who will reportedly finalize a huge contract with New York this weekend.

New York has contacted New Orleans about Chris Paul and there are free agent options such as Raymond Felton and Luke Ridnour.

i think that was maverick carter talking bad about our presentation not Riley. i can totally see the guy being scared as hell that his clout in ohio would be taken away from him and he becomes a small fish in a big pond

What is really holding the Spurs back? They really think they can balance Parker and Hill keeping Parker happy? Give us Parker for Chandler and some picks or something.

Originally Posted by UrboyzAris

How is it possible to bring Tony Parker along with Amare ? and Lebron ?
We already have money for 2 max contracts. I think we would have to trade Curry's contract but I'm not sure of Parker's salary I don't think he has a max or would be looking for one so we could still have money left over. Depending who we and how many players trade we could get Parker and still have money for the next offseason FA market.

[h2]/a.espncdn.com/espncitysites/prod/assets/blogs/blog_nba_nyk.png&sectionUrl=/blog/new-york/knicks&sectionPadding=&gradientTopColor=&gradientBottomColor=">http://a.espncdn.com/espn...amp;gradientBottomColor=" name="flashVars">[/h2]

[h3]Some writing off the Knicks in LBJ sweepstakes. Not me.[/h3]By Chris Sheridan

There are a lot of opinions out there today about who is supposedly in and out of the LeBron James sweepstakes.

Some have already written the Knicks off, and some have weighed in with actual facts about what took place in their meeting Thursday with James.

I am here to tell you that I believe the Knicks are still very muchin the race, and I've gathered a little intel of my own regarding whatwent on behind those closed doors off 9th Street in Cleveland.

Aside from their financial pitch to James that he could most easily become a billionaire by playing in New York,the Knicks made a basketball pitch to James -- backed up with videohighlights -- demonstrating how their complementary players are bettersuited than anyone else's to supplement what James and the big man ofhis choice (Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, David Lee, Carlos Boozer)would bring to the table.

Question: How many shooters do the Bulls have? Answer: None.Derrick Rose is a career 24 pct. 3-point shooter, and Luol Deng is at31 percent -- the same as Wilson Chandler, who would get a lot moreopen looks than he did in the past in a LeBron-centric offense. TheKnicks also have Danilo Gallinari, who is shooting 39 percent from3-point range for his career. (Toney Douglas also hit 3s at a 39percent clip last season.)

Variation of the same question: How many shooters do the Heat have?Mario Chalmers (who lost his starting job to Carlos Arroyo last season)hits 'em at a 38 percent clip. Michael Beasley is at 33 pct in his twoseasons. Joel Anthony has never taken one, which merits mentioningbecause he, along with Beasley and Chalmers, are the only players Miamihas.

Question: What possible hidden gem does Chicago have on its roster?Only Taj Gibson and James Johnson qualify, and one or both might haveto be moved in a sign-and-trade in order for the Bulls to get a secondmax player. Compare those two to Bill Walker, who was one of the mosthighly recruited and touted players in the 2006-07 high school seniorclass that included O.J. Mayo and Rose. Walker's career was sidetrackedby a serious knee injury, but he has dropped 27 pounds (from 254 to227) since the Knicks acquired him from Boston in the Nate Robinsontrade, and his knee is fully recovered.

Question: What kind of salary cap/trade deadline flexibility willthe Bulls/Heat have going into the 2010-11 season? Answer: Virtuallynone. Chicago has to lock up Joakim Noah next summer and Rose the yearafter that, and Miami, if it gets two max players, can only gainflexibility for the summer of 2011 by declining the fourth-year optionon Beasley's contract prior to the start of the '10-11 season. TheKnicks, on the other hand, have Eddy Curry's expiring $11.3 contract touse in one of two ways: Trade it at the deadline for a player orplayers that would make the Knicks stronger championship contendersnext spring; or let it come off the cap at the end of next season,putting the Knicks some $10-12 million under the cap for the Summer ofCarmelo.

I have it on good authority that the Knicks pounded those pointswith James, arguing that their complementary players are better thanthey've been given credit for, and that adding a third max player in2011 is an achievable possibility.

Those are persuasive arguments, and the Cavaliers (capped out nextsummer because of Antawn Jamison trade) and Bulls can't make similarcases when they meet with James today in Cleveland.

And what about the Nets?

I don't count them out, but I also think their two-year temporary relocation to Newark while they await the construction of the new arena in Brooklyn is a deal-breaker.

Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer,who has covered James since he was in high school, and whose mothertaught math to James at St. Vincent-St.Mary high school in Akron,thought it would be a good idea a couple of Januarys ago to take anAmtrak train from Newark to Washington, D.C. while the Cavs were on anEast Coast road swing.

I'll let Windhorst take it from here:

"I would describe it as an hour of staying away from the wackos anddrug-addled degenerates while keeping a serious close eye on thevarious unsavory individuals who were an obvious threat to property andbody. I went out and on the platform, where it was 15 degrees, becausethere was nobody else out there," Windhorst said. "I don't want tooffend the Newark Chamber of Commerce, but I would never plan on doingthat ever again. And I'm a big Amtrak fan."

One more question: How many media people have spoken to LeBronJames about any of this? (I have tried, but he is not returning mymessages.) I'd bet a dollar the answer is none.

And until The King speaks, I'm not counting anybody out.

wow logic is nice

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Air273

i doubt lebron goes to a team where amare makes more money than him
Oh word? How much Amare making? and how much would LeBron be making?
Breaking Down the Knicks’ Pitch via ESPN

I dunno after seeing this I dont think Lebron will come to NYC unless if he really wants to come to NYC !  but thing can change and work out ..

if amare was on the bulls you wouldn't give a %##+ about who's making more money

he's making more because he is in the league longer. big deal man. bron would make much more off the court

Back
Top Bottom