i really dont see wade going back to miami... even if if they sign a max with him they dont have a team period... i see him going to the bulls... and the raptors said they are not doing a sign and trade for bosh so hes not going to get his money unless he signs with them.... this can get real interesting... but if we dont get lebron i dont care... it would be nice but id be happy with joe johnson and amare...i dont want to pay either the max but if we don't get anybody now then we will never get anyone...even if the knicks are a second round playoff team they need to start somewhere instead of being garbage every year... im a loyal knick fan even when they were garbage but im get tired of them being garbage and its getting old already but ill still support...

^ u serious? Ellis has numbers and hes only 25!!! Plus, wont he get 11 mil/yr?
Let's look at Joe Johnson....playoffs were decent...and hes 29....he's most likely gonna want max.

so that's what getting reprimanded is like in the news world these days. you delete the evidence like it's never happened and don't issue an apology. nice

If true, welcome to NYC Amare...
pimp.gif

I wouldn't mind Monta Ellis being a Knick either

Originally Posted by you go boy

i really dont see wade going back to miami... even if if they sign a max with him they dont have a team period... i see him going to the bulls... and the raptors said they are not doing a sign and trade for bosh so hes not going to get his money unless he signs with them.... this can get real interesting... but if we dont get lebron i dont care... it would be nice but id be happy with joe johnson and amare...i dont want to pay either the max but if we don't get anybody now then we will never get anyone...even if the knicks are a second round playoff team they need to start somewhere instead of being garbage every year... im a loyal knick fan even when they were garbage but im get tired of them being garbage and its getting old already but ill still support...

You make a great point because by the looks of it there i snot alot out there in the upcoming free agent market coming Melo looks like hes going to rejoing the Nuggets  and the free agent list is not looking good in the upcoming years so Ill take my chances with Joe Johnson and amare and start something from there if Lebron dont come !

Monta's like...Bizarro world Derrick Rose. You'd have to hope he doesn't turn into Steve Francis 2. That dude needed structure, instead he got Don Nelson.

Considering they pretty much gutted the roster for Wade, I would be shocked if he left Miami even for his hometown Bulls. He and Derrick Rose= Good on paper but a horrible fit in reality.

yea i dont know how i feel about monta. another blackhole? just like another player we got from the warriors......

what do you do if Wade calls a meeting with Donnie and tells him "i'll sign on the dot right here to play with Amare. If you say you have to take your time and talk to Bron, then i'm going to call CHI and accept the second i leave your office"

by the way some talk, you would think Amare just had micro fracture surgery last year.

had it in 2005. put him on the shelf that year.

2006-2007 - plays all 82, and put up 20 and 10 in 30 minutes.

2007-2008 - plays 79 games, goes for 25 and 9.

2008-2009 - suffers the eye injury, now as long as he wears the goggles it's is a non-issue.

2009-2010 - plays all 82, 23 and 9 and some of the best ball of his career post all-star break.

He may not be worth the max, but if true, we did just get ourselves a Top 15 player in the league. Welcome aboard.

eyes.gif

wv30n4.jpg

From Bleacherreport.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Amare Stoudemire To the Knicks Is a Nightmare Waiting To Unfold[/h1]
by
Daniel Dinunzio
CorrespondentWritten on July 03, 2010

102154072_crop_340x234.jpg
Christian Petersen/Getty Images

Really New York? Amar'e Stoudemire?  Come on. Let's be honest here. This is the biggest free-agency period in the history of the NBA, and you've been slashing payroll to sign Stoudemire to a maximum contract.

If this five-year 100 million dollar deal gets signed on Monday, Knicks fans hope this is the beginning of a new era. It might just be the end.  He has had a dysfunction end out in Phoenix where he was up in the air on staying or going.

Now he has opted out of his contact and is likely to become a New York Knick.  Hey Knick fans wasn't this all about signing LeBron and selling the bright lights of New York to him?  With the other competitors out there and teams looking to sign LeBron James, it looks as if the Knicks are on the outside looking in.

Yes, there have been talks about Wade and Bosh, but under what circumstances are those guys going to want to play for Knicks? Wade said he was in "A New York State of Mind," nothing but pure talk after a meeting with Knicks management.

Stoudemire will be 28 years old in November.  He has already had major knee surgery (microfrature) back in 2005.  This is a serious surgery that can have an impact later on in the careers of some players.

Amar'e is lucky he has recovered, while other athletes careers are diminished after such a devastating knee injury.  Stoudemire is a solid NBA player, but there is no way he is worth Max Money. 

He's going to New York where he would play for a former coach Mike D'Antoni that questioned his defensive ability and offensive intelligence.  Let's get one thing straight: Amar'e Stoudemire is much more an offense impact player than defense.

If Amar'e is the best the Knicks can do this free-agency period, then there are big question marks ahead.  With all these teams having big cap space and a pending collective bargaining agreement which could cause a lockout next season, nobody really knows what's going to happen.

With Joe Johnson reportedly having a $119 million over six year deal on the table from the Hawks and now this, it seems this is a competition for who is the most overpaid player this off-season. 

Dark "I've done nothing in the NBA" Milicic got $30 million over five years!  Are you kidding me?  That's absurd.

The bottom-line is Amar'e Stoudemire wants to get paid like the best of them.  If this contract becomes a done deal, he will be.  Whether or not it's a good investment, well that's one that only time can decide.

The Knicks will still have cap room to sign other players, but it seems Amar'e alone would be a big strikeout.  The positioning and transactions Donnie Walsh and company made to have a run at the big guys is closing fast.

Now it's time to let the chips fall where they belong, and the dominoes of NBA Superstars embark on where they each want to continue their respective careers.

Stay tuned. This is going to get interesting.

Stoudemire a "big strikeout?"  OD, imo
smh.gif

hahahhaa

i feel great. all the hate is a good thing. means we are doing something right. instead of laughing at us now they hate us

getting Amare= the Dark times are over

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Monta turns the ball over a lot. He always has to have the ball in his hands.
he turns the ball just as much as joe johnson and most of the other top players in NBA....he's a guard, of course hes gonna be having the ball in his hands a lot.
He will give you at least 20 a night and has decent amount of apg....what more can you ask? did i mention that he's young?

Back
Top Bottom