Joe Johnson could sign w/ Hawks by Monday

http://nbcsportsmedia3.ms... Feeds/team_fade.png); background-color: rgb(238, 24, 32); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">
Joe Johnson - G - Atlanta Hawks

More team news
/msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/NBCSports/Templates/RotoworldPlayerNews/TeamLogo/NBA/ATL.png);">http://msnbcmedia.msn.com...s/TeamLogo/NBA/ATL.png); ">
July 3, 2010 - 10:30 PM ET

773.jpg

Joe Johnson is expected to make his decision in the next day, and a source close to the star FA said that "barring a major change in the next 24 hours it's Atlanta."

A second source said only that JJ is still "leaning" toward the Hawks' offer. The most likely alternatives would be signing with the Knicks or Bulls, but as Sam Amick notes, that would cost him "an extra year and an extra $27 million." We should have Johnson's final decision by Sunday evening.

I been thinking 3 team blockbuster trade where we get Melo and Parker but we would probably give up too much or I'm just crazy and it'll never happen.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

You know, as weird as this sounds, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs worked out a sign and trade with the Jazz for Boozer. Jamison, Vareajo (or Hickson) plus a draft pick or two could get the job done, and I don't think it would be all that bad of a move for Utah as Jamison could work out really well for them if he moved back to the 3.
From everything I've read about the Jazz the past two years, I don't think the Jazz want to pay the luxury tax anymore.

I would imagine San Antonio would only think about trading Tony Parker if it was for David Lee. Fair deal in my eyes.

Yo nobody can sign anything Monday
laugh.gif
Why are ppl forgetting the day to sign is this Thursday?

All that can happen now is more meetings and possibly players verbally committing or accepting a deal.

Amar'e To Meet With Nets, Bulls On Tuesday

Jul 04, 2010 12:08 AM EST

Amar'e Stoudemire isn't fully committed to signing with the Knicks after all.

Stoudemire is scheduled to meet with New York on Monday, but will meet with the Nets and Bulls on Tuesday, according to sources.

Via Sam Amick/Fanhouse (via Twitter)

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wir..._tuesday/##ixzz0sgaxJQfD

That makes sense.

Lee would be a great fit next to Duncan and with Blair coming off the bench they'd have one of the best rebounding teams in the NBA. I'd have to imagine that David wouldn't be against playing for Pop and next to the greatest power forward of all time.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Yo nobody can sign anything Monday
laugh.gif
Why are ppl forgetting the day to sign is this Thursday?

All that can happen now is more meetings and possibly players verbally committing or accepting a deal.

He can re-sign with his own team whenever he wants to. 
eyes.gif

I dont understand how you guys are getting David in a S&T.

We dont have his birds rights anymore, and if we wish to keep him, we'd have to renounce his rights, which means he'd count against the cap, therefore meaning we cant sign 2 max FAs (which i wasnt really found of anyway but if you already have Amare...)

Unless of course, i'm wrong again about this whole salary cap stuff
laugh.gif

smh I thought this Amare %$!% was a done deal especially with that pic of him jus posted n figured the meeting Monday was to close everything. and now he's meetin wit other teams after us. I hope the reports are bs.

Originally Posted by BangDak

We dont have his birds rights anymore, and if we wish to keep him, we'd have to renounce his rights, which means he'd count against the cap, therefore meaning we cant sign 2 max FAs (which i wasnt really found of anyway but if you already have Amare...)

laugh.gif
I think you're right but trading him for Parker would cut in to that money anyway. Getting TP would make us unable to sign 2 max contracts unless we trade Curry.
He can re-sign with his own team whenever he wants to. 
eyes.gif

Oh well I guess Joe all about that money too. Probably don't want to be the #2 in NY with all that pressure assuming Bron isn't coming here too.

"I've talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here," Stoudemire said. "I've talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out."

Asked about playing with LeBron James, he smiled and said, "That would be great" as he headed to his stretch white limo.

Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, by his side for the play and on Eighth Avenue as his client was mobbed by fans, was asked if he believes his client will be a Knick after Monday's meeting. Walters smiled, and in full stride down 47th St., replied: "Yes, I mean we are here aren't we? Hopefully it goes well on Monday. We are here in New York, aren't we?"

The agent didn't say whether they will meet with any other teams or how long they would be in town for.

Stoudemire plans to attend the Yankee game Sunday against Toronto, and he called Derek Jeter his favorite player and labeled Joba Chamberlain a close friend.

"I love New York, its a great city," he said, his expression unchanging. Asked if he plans on becoming a Knick, he said, "it's possible."

He was then asked what he would add to the Knicks' depleted roster.

"We'll just have to wait and see," he muttered, staring out into a sea of fans passing by.

He certainly sounded as if he's ready to become a Knick, saying of the team, "It's one of the most historic franchises in NBA history. It's a beautiful city. Madison Square Garden is definitely one of the most intriguing places to play. So they definitely have a few great points on their side."

i think we are just fine. just working some stuff out. didn't even have our meeting yet

laugh.gif

If you trade D.Lee, he won't count against the cap. Tony Parker's incoming salary (which I'm sure would renegotiated for an extension or w/e) will count against the cap. If this happened, I guarantee you guys would have a little bit of money to play around but everyone else big is out of the picture. You guys would be banking on a Parker, Gallo, Stoudemire Big 3 which isn't so bad IMO. There is a lot of room to grow there. I wouldn't say immediate Finals contenders but you guys still have the Curry chip to bargain with.

I like being in this thread. *%%@ is lively in here, for better and for worse. Everyone in the Bulls thread is on the lowkey. Yall are on the cliff every day
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

If you trade D.Lee, he won't count against the cap. Tony Parker's incoming salary (which I'm sure would renegotiated for an extension or w/e) will count against the cap. If this happened, I guarantee you guys would have a little bit of money to play around but everyone else big is out of the picture. You guys would be banking on a Parker, Gallo, Stoudemire Big 3 which isn't so bad IMO. There is a lot of room to grow there. I wouldn't say immediate Finals contenders but you guys still have the Curry chip to bargain with.

I like being in this thread. %!!% is lively in here, for better and for worse. Everyone in the Bulls thread is on the lowkey. Yall are on the cliff every day
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

"I've talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here," Stoudemire said. "I've talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out."

Asked about playing with LeBron James, he smiled and said, "That would be great" as he headed to his stretch white limo.

Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, by his side for the play and on Eighth Avenue as his client was mobbed by fans, was asked if he believes his client will be a Knick after Monday's meeting. Walters smiled, and in full stride down 47th St., replied: "Yes, I mean we are here aren't we? Hopefully it goes well on Monday. We are here in New York, aren't we?"

The agent didn't say whether they will meet with any other teams or how long they would be in town for.

Stoudemire plans to attend the Yankee game Sunday against Toronto, and he called Derek Jeter his favorite player and labeled Joba Chamberlain a close friend.

"I love New York, its a great city," he said, his expression unchanging. Asked if he plans on becoming a Knick, he said, "it's possible."

He was then asked what he would add to the Knicks' depleted roster.

"We'll just have to wait and see," he muttered, staring out into a sea of fans passing by.

He certainly sounded as if he's ready to become a Knick, saying of the team, "It's one of the most historic franchises in NBA history. It's a beautiful city. Madison Square Garden is definitely one of the most intriguing places to play. So they definitely have a few great points on their side."

i think we are just fine. just working some stuff out. didn't even have our meeting yet

This is getting very interesting
pimp.gif

From being a Mets, Jets, Knicks and St. John's fan, I've learned to build my house on a cliff.

Using David in a S&T would work out very well when we're using Curry's contract plus whatever to trade for Melo. I don't see the Italian going anywhere, so who knows if a deal to get Melo could even be worked out.

laugh.gif
That article didnt have a more recent pic of Joe Johnson? Those yellow Hawks jerseys have to be from 2 years ago at least.

These fools showed Bron a cartoon of him and his friends in Family Guy.

Now I'm watching Broussard on SC and he now has become veryyyyyyyyyy coy. All he says now is "no one knows where he's going to play." If we sign Bron and Amare or somehow manage to get another max FA with Amare, his twitter is going to become flooded as hell until Twitter bans me. IDGAFF.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

laugh.gif
That article didnt have a more recent pic of Joe Johnson? Those yellow Hawks jerseys have to be from 2 years ago at least.

laugh.gif
 Yea, he look like he straight the Cuban league or some #%%#.

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]You Can Forget About Getting Melo[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Written by BigC  [/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
carmelo-anthony.jpg
If you think there is a chance that Carmelo Anthony will be coming to the Knicks, think again. According to Ken Berger from CBSsports.com Melo is not going anywhere:

"While Wade, Bosh and James weigh their options, it’s clear that one piece of the puzzle that has been floated as a possibility this summer can absolutely be ruled out. That would be one of the teams in the LeBron-Wade hunt acquiring Carmelo Anthony from the Nuggets in a trade, either as a complementary piece to one of those superstars or as a substitute. 

“In absolute terms, there aren’t any possibilities of a summer trade [involving Anthony],

[/td][/tr][/table]

Parker, Melo and Ama're would make up for the last 40 years of torture but I don't see Denver letting go of Melo that easy.

One article says that singing STAT would be a disaster another says that it would be a success
laugh.gif
. Media doesn't even care about logic or truth at this point, anything goes.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Signing Amar'e Stoudemire would be success for New York Knicks, may attract LeBron James' attention[/h1]
Mitch Lawrence

Saturday, July 3rd 2010, 4:00 AM

alg_stoudemire_shoots.jpg

Former Phoenix general manager Steve Kerr (b.) suggests the New York Knicks may get LeBron James' attention if they sign free agent forward Amar'e Stoudemire (a.).

It can be officially reported: The lights at the Garden have been turned back on.

The dark days of Isiah Thomas are over.

The Knicks are moving toward grabbing Amar'e Stoudemire, one of the premier bigs in the NBA, making their offseason a success.

Now it's not a smashing success. That can come only if LeBron James decides he needs to continue his career in New York, and there is nothing coming out of his camp that suggests he's thinking along those lines.

"But maybe this move for Amar'e will get LeBron's attention," Steve Kerr, the former Phoenix GM, said Saturday by phone. "Who knows if it will? None of us really know what he's going to do. But I'd think he'd look at playing with Amar'e. The thing I love about Amar'e is that he wants to be great and he works at it. He's a competitor and he wants to be a star."

You can talk about New York and all it has to offer James - off the court. But this move for Stoudemire has given James the first legitimate reason to come to play for the Knicks. He's the big man and No. 2 star that James has never had, at any point, during his NBA career.

If James asks about Stoudemire's knees, Kerr would tell him, yes, they are a concern. But perhaps James noticed that Stoudemire ran, jumped and played at an All-Star level for the last three months of the season and helped the Suns advance to the Western Conference finals for the first time since Mike D'Antoni coached in Phoenix. "I'd be concerned about years four and five of a contract because he's had four knee surgeries and microfracture surgery," said Kerr, who resigned at season's end after the Suns lost to the Lakers and is returning to TNT as an analyst. "But I wouldn't be concerned about the first two, three years."

What about Amar'e's defense? James wants to play on teams that stress defense first, because that's how titles are won. En route to 29 wins, the Knicks allowed opponents to shoot a league-best 48.6% last season, the latest piece of evidence that D'Antoni is better coaching the other 47 feet of floor. And it's not as if Stoudemire made the All-NBA second team this past season because he was regularly stopping his man, either.

"Amar'e's not going to be Kevin Garnett, everybody knows that," Kerr said. "But he's improved. He's still not a great defender and he knows that. But he's tried to get better. I think he's learned and grown. He's matured a lot, and we had a good, stable environment for him here. We had (assistant coach) Bill Cartwright, who was great for him because he would tell him like it was. If Amar'e screwed up on defense, Bill would tell him he was screwing up. And he'd accept Bill's criticism. Amar'e is very coachable."

That has to be promising for James, but even more so for D'Antoni, who had his share of run-ins with Stoudemire in the four-plus seasons they were together. "This move for Amar'e will really excite their fans," Kerr said. "But the key thing is, what happens next in New York?"

For argument's sake, let's say that even if James is intrigued by the chance of playing with Stoudemire, he still doesn't come to New York. The Knicks will need a point guard who can get into the paint and deliver one of the game's premier finishers the ball. Chris Paul isn't getting traded, if you believe what the Hornets are saying. And the Knicks don't have the goods to get one of LeBron's best friends in the NBA, anyway.

The Spurs seem to be open to the idea of dealing Tony Parker, after seeing George Hill have a breakout season. But they're not totally sold on Hill as their future playmaker, and will not take back peanuts for Parker. Another option is Raymond Felton, the Charlotte point guard who is a free agent. Other possibilities include Luke Ridnour, late of Milwaukee and on the Knicks' radar.

Then the Knicks will need to get a board man who can play alongside Stoudemire. Looking to get out and run the floor, rather than bang bodies to get a loose carom, Stoudemire has never averaged double digits in rebounds during his eight seasons. "Gee, just a point guard and rebounder? That's all?" Kerr said, laughing.

Yeah, nothing major, although this move for Stoudemire certainly is. "After planning for 2010 and making room, the Knicks had to make a splash," Kerr said. "And getting Amar'e is a splash."

But is it big enough to get James' attention?

Who is the "person" that finds it laughable and blasphemous?
laugh.gif
I'd be fine if the Nuggets GM said it out right.

Also that article I posted which is quoted in that one does have the writer assuming we sign two max deals now. Which isn't at all a lock. We could just sign Amare and then Mike Miller(not for the max). Don't look like we getting Joe so if we don't get Bron/Wade here, after trading away Curry even if we get Tony we would still have enough money to give Melo the max (I think if I got the #s right).

Anyway, it's more like that branch on the end of the cliff at this point.

laugh.gif
@ Amare being close friends with Joba. Not that it can't be true but just thinking of those guys hanging out is funny.

Back
Top Bottom