Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

Quick Question, Why aren't the Knicks playing in the Orlando Summer league? Every other team in their division is basically.
There's two leagues, the Orlando and Vegas, we play in the latter.  And by "we", I mean real Knick fans... not ones that have Philly in their sig as well.

Be gone wannabe.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

Quick Question, Why aren't the Knicks playing in the Orlando Summer league? Every other team in their division is basically.
There's two leagues, the Orlando and Vegas, we play in the latter.  And by "we", I mean real Knick fans... not ones that have Philly in their sig as well.

Be gone wannabe.
Ouch...That hurts man. Just wanna be apart of the crew
laugh.gif

Lebron-Gallinari-Amare would be a dope frontcourt, at least offensively.

Gallinari is a younger and slightly more versatile version of Jamison, and Stat is a younger, more explosive, and bigger scorer than Shaq this past season.

All they would need is some tweaks in the backcourt to be a 3-4 seed.

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

Originally Posted by ehh

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Cashman: LeBron will be a Knick.

Cash should sign LBJ to a minor league contract for $10m/yr if he agrees to come to the Knicks and never make him show up for a game/practice/nothing.  Yanks have plenty of money to spend, best way for NY to offer him a higher salary than anywhere else.  
laugh.gif
You sir, are a genius.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by UrboyzAris

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Why are y'all using RealGM like it's a reliable source?
I've got a feeling Bron is going to stay put in Cleveland, and hopefully that's the case (if he decides not to join NY).
Hes gonna be rocking Orange and Blue trust me
pimp.gif

Yup, you're right...
pimp.gif

Cavs-Blue-and-Orange-Lebron.jpg
Yeah the Knicks color way not that fake cavs joint
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How would knicks fans feel about trading for someone like greg oden.. Or does everyone think hes completely done

LOL I came off like an !#+ my bad. I think Bosh does almost everything better than Amare outside of being a pure scorer and being more explosive. I think Bosh is better at rebounding and defending. He took some big steps this year becoming a better defender and I think he'll just get better. Amare works better in the post and Bosh works better on the outside IMO. Bosh crashes on both sides on the ball and is a better FT shooter. They're only a year apart but I think Bosh would be the one to improve more. Amare is pretty much the same player he was a few years ago (granted I think he has matured a lot) and Bosh has been improving every year.

Don't get me wrong, at the beginning when we started talking to Amare I was only happy to bring him into the fold as long as it got us LeBron. But I've been warming up to the idea. I've always had this kinda stance on Amare, not really gonna change because he's a Knick now. I hope he does improve his game on the other side of the ball as a member of this team. I just think compared to Bosh (who I consider in the mix for the best 4 in the league with Pau and Dirk) I see Bosh as the better overall player.

I'll let Japan Air live for now...

LMAO....man I'm sure the Yankees have come up in discussion and I'm sure the stocks to MSG are being offered.

So Knnicks must have said yes to the entourage perks package?

Welcome to New York, Amare Stoudemire. I like his attitude. He is a man of his words. I like that.

Originally Posted by tyisny

How would knicks fans feel about trading for someone like greg oden.. Or does everyone think hes completely done

I personally think Oden's done.

[h2]Did the Knicks win in Amar'e vs. Bosh?[/h2]
Posted on: July 5, 2010 8:00 pm

Edited on: July 5, 2010 8:16 pm

statbosh.jpg
Now that the signing of Amar'e Stoudemire by the Knicks has been agreed upon (though it can't be finalized until Thursday), we have to look at several angles. But how Stoudemire will fit on the Knicks is a question that has yet to be answered, because there are other max free agents in play for the Knicks. We can't look at the impact for Amar'e without knowing who could really be playing next to him (KB has some info on a possible sign-and-trade for a Knicks point guard ). 

But what we can look at is if the Knicks made the right decision, committing close to $100 million towards Stoudemire. Amar'e comes with tremendous explosiveness and top-level scoring ability. But he also comes with significant questions as to whether he can play elite level defense, or even acceptable defense, and if he's a good enough player when he's not on offense. So the question is, would the Knicks have been better off if they'd managed to get Chris Bosh?

I took a look at the numbers on each player defensively via Synergy Sports . Synergy Sports tracks every moment of every NBA game and brings you an in-depth look, possession by possession, on how players do not only overall, but in certain situations. For example, their key stat is PPP, points-per-possession. It factors how many points are scored with a player as the primary defender, and then divides by the number of instances a player was in that certain play scenario. It factors turnovers, free throws, and points to bring you how many points per each possession a player gave up overall, and in certain possessions. 

I looked at four specific play types breakdowns for Bosh and Amar'e in comparison: overall, pick-and-roll man (guarding the player providing the pick and rolling (as opposed to the ball-handler), isolation (pretty simple, one-on-one defense), in the post, and spot-up (off a pass in a catch-and-shoot situation). The results were pretty surprising. 

[table][tr][td]Play Type[/td][td]Amar'e PPP[/td][td]Bosh PPP[/td][/tr][tr][td]Overall[/td][td].86[/td][td].89[/td][/tr][tr][td]Pick-and-roll man[/td][td].76[/td][td]1.13[/td][/tr][tr][td]ISO[/td][td].95[/td][td].65[/td][/tr][tr][td]Post-up[/td][td].89[/td][td].84[/td][/tr][tr][td]Spot-up[/td][td].84[/td][td]1.03[/td][/tr][/table]

Right off the bat, Amar'e Stoudemire allowed fewer points per possession last season than Bosh did. The first thing that you'll say is that the Raptors' defense was a crime against basketball. And you're absolutely right. It's certain that Bosh's defense was impacted by how terrible the rest of his team defended.  But the individual play types are kind of startling in terms of where he was good and where he was bad. The same can be said for Stoudemire. Pick and roll being the biggest alarm bell if you're a team out there still looking at Bosh as your signature big. Stoudemire, despite being known as a terrible help defender, was ranked 18th in the league overall as a pick and roll defender, one of the more complex defensive sets requiring combination and knowledge of where your teammates are. 

But Stoudemire certainly struggled in ISO situations. If you put him straight up on a player, he gave up .96 points per possession, a far cry from Bosh's .65. And there were nearly twice as many instances of ISO defense versus pick-and-roll man situations. At the same time, help defense is something you can account for, and switching assignments is something Mike D'Antoni can do to alleviate a situation where Amar'e is getting taken repeatedly straight up. 

How about the post-up numbers? I had anticipated a huge advantage for Bosh in this area, with a more physical reputation and Amar'e's notorious softness. Yet Amar'e is still allowing less than .89 in the post, and Bosh is at .84. A difference of .05 points per possessions? Not exactly what I would have expected. 

Finally, spot-up, which deals with recovery, is probably the most affected by the Raptors' terrible defense. Bosh was repeatedly having to overcompensate to help his teammates, meaning his man was open for jumpers as he tried to cover too much defense to recover. It's a terrible mark for Bosh at 1.03 while .84 is reasonable for Stoudemire. 

The big takeaway here is that Bosh is a better defender, no doubt. But the separation is not one where you would feel the Knicks made a horrific mistake in getting Stoudemire. Stoudemire's defensive numbers match up favorably with Bosh, both play in high-possession systems last year, and both have issues in various defensive sets. 

Many will claim that the Knicks got the rough end of this choice between Bosh and Amar'e. But if the evidence from last year is any indication, the Knicks may have gotten a better deal than the consensus believes. 

Damn i seriously forgot about shaq, kinda pathetic when teams offer you money like this

[h2]Hawks Offer Shaq Two-Year Deal[/h2]
Jul 05, 2010 9:42 PM EST

atl_40.gif
The Hawks have offered Shaquille O'Neal a two-year contract that starts at $5.8 million per season, according to NBA sources close to both the team and the player.

"I think he wants to see how everything shakes out with all the free agents, but he's seriously considering Atlanta's offer,'' said the source who asked that his name not be used. "He wants to play two more years, and he wants it to be with a contender. He thinks he can help them become a serious one."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0ss2U0oCf

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Lebron-Gallinari-Amare would be a dope frontcourt, at least offensively.

Gallinari is a younger and slightly more versatile version of Jamison, and Stat is a younger, more explosive, and bigger scorer than Shaq this past season.

All they would need is some tweaks in the backcourt to be a 3-4 seed.

Those might be the worst comparisons I've ever heard. Gallo plays nothing like Jamison and I don't even know what you were getting at with the Shaq thing

[h2]Did the Knicks win in Amar'e vs. Bosh?[/h2]
Posted on: July 5, 2010 8:00 pm

Edited on: July 5, 2010 8:16 pm

statbosh.jpg
Now that the signing of Amar'e Stoudemire by the Knicks has been agreed upon (though it can't be finalized until Thursday), we have to look at several angles. But how Stoudemire will fit on the Knicks is a question that has yet to be answered, because there are other max free agents in play for the Knicks. We can't look at the impact for Amar'e without knowing who could really be playing next to him (KB has some info on a possible sign-and-trade for a Knicks point guard ). 

But what we can look at is if the Knicks made the right decision, committing close to $100 million towards Stoudemire. Amar'e comes with tremendous explosiveness and top-level scoring ability. But he also comes with significant questions as to whether he can play elite level defense, or even acceptable defense, and if he's a good enough player when he's not on offense. So the question is, would the Knicks have been better off if they'd managed to get
 Chris Bosh?

I took a look at the numbers on each player defensively via Synergy Sports . Synergy Sports tracks every moment of every NBA game and brings you an in-depth look, possession by possession, on how players do not only overall, but in certain situations. For example, their key stat is PPP, points-per-possession. It factors how many points are scored with a player as the primary defender, and then divides by the number of instances a player was in that certain play scenario. It factors turnovers, free throws, and points to bring you how many points per each possession a player gave up overall, and in certain possessions. 

I looked at four specific play types breakdowns for Bosh and Amar'e in comparison: overall, pick-and-roll man (guarding the player providing the pick and rolling (as opposed to the ball-handler), isolation (pretty simple, one-on-one defense), in the post, and spot-up (off a pass in a catch-and-shoot situation). The results were pretty surprising. 

[table][tr][td]Play Type[/td][td]Amar'e PPP[/td][td]Bosh PPP[/td][/tr][tr][td]Overall[/td][td].86[/td][td].89[/td][/tr][tr][td]Pick-and-roll man[/td][td].76[/td][td]1.13[/td][/tr][tr][td]ISO[/td][td].95[/td][td].65[/td][/tr][tr][td]Post-up[/td][td].89[/td][td].84[/td][/tr][tr][td]Spot-up[/td][td].84[/td][td]1.03[/td][/tr][/table]

Right off the bat, Amar'e Stoudemire allowed fewer points per possession last season than Bosh did. The first thing that you'll say is that the
 Raptors' defense was a crime against basketball. And you're absolutely right. It's certain that Bosh's defense was impacted by how terrible the rest of his team defended.  But the individual play types are kind of startling in terms of where he was good and where he was bad. The same can be said for Stoudemire. Pick and roll being the biggest alarm bell if you're a team out there still looking at Bosh as your signature big. Stoudemire, despite being known as a terrible help defender, was ranked 18th in the league overall as a pick and roll defender, one of the more complex defensive sets requiring combination and knowledge of where your teammates are. 

But Stoudemire certainly struggled in ISO situations. If you put him straight up on a player, he gave up .96 points per possession, a far cry from Bosh's .65. And there were nearly twice as many instances of ISO defense versus pick-and-roll man situations. At the same time, help defense is something you can account for, and switching assignments is something Mike D'Antoni can do to alleviate a situation where Amar'e is getting taken repeatedly straight up. 

How about the post-up numbers? I had anticipated a huge advantage for Bosh in this area, with a more physical reputation and Amar'e's notorious softness. Yet Amar'e is still allowing less than .89 in the post, and Bosh is at .84. A difference of .05 points per possessions? Not exactly what I would have expected. 

Finally, spot-up, which deals with recovery, is probably the most affected by the Raptors' terrible defense. Bosh was repeatedly having to overcompensate to help his teammates, meaning his man was open for jumpers as he tried to cover too much defense to recover. It's a terrible mark for Bosh at 1.03 while .84 is reasonable for Stoudemire. 

The big takeaway here is that Bosh is a better defender, no doubt. But the separation is not one where you would feel the Knicks made a horrific mistake in getting Stoudemire. Stoudemire's defensive numbers match up favorably with Bosh, both play in high-possession systems last year, and both have issues in various defensive sets. 

Many will claim that the Knicks got the rough end of this choice between Bosh and Amar'e. But if the evidence from last year is any indication, the Knicks may have gotten a better deal than the consensus believes. 

Originally Posted by MeloVP

how could a source know lebron's final three unless it was someone from lebron's camp

this %+%$'s ridiculous
laugh.gif

i'd like to find a source and shoot him in the face
roll.gif

Just got home from work to see the news...

This dude Amare did not wanna miss the chance at lifetime free lap dances
roll.gif

[h1]Rose Preferred Johnson Over LeBron[/h1]
Jul 05, 2010 11:57 PM EST

Johnson_Joe_atl.jpg
Derrick Rose reportedly preferred the Bulls to sign Joe Johnson instead of LeBron James, according to multiple people that spoke with Brian Windhorst.

Both Rose and Johnson are represented by Arn Tellem.

And Lebron didn't sign anywhere yet so thing like this won't look good for them..

And honestly, what would the mesdia say if Gallo " Said Cleveland sucks, there's nothing out there, just factories"

and on top of that argue with lebron during a game...

They woulda milked the $#$# outta that.. i did not hear that once on ESPN about the bulls..

Frank Isola FisolaNYDN

Party like it's 1999. Knicks reached out to Kurt Thomas, Daily News has learned. Kurt and Marcus Camby only active players from '99 Knicks

*!%% YEAH

for the vet min? if that's too little promise him a job in the orginization after he retires.

i wanna stay aggressive keep making moves. cement your legacy donnie!!!!

Bringing Kurt back would be cool but he's older and we tortured him by making him the center for all those years. Let him back up Amar'e but he can't start at the C.

Most of you Knicks fans just wanted a big name...how can anybody talk loyality when the Knicks did Lee like this. I feel when any team has a chance of a big turn around those who were on the team when they weren't @#%! should be on the roster.

Why is the media considering Amar'e as a 5 all of a sudden?
Though it

will never happen I'd love to see a Lee, Gallo, Stat frontline.

Forget the LeBron dreams...delusional fans that's not happening.

As for considering others bandwagon fans...4 banned names ago I had. Knicks in 2010 sig.

Back
Top Bottom