oh wait
indifferent.gif

all i know is that a trade is coming REAL SOON. and fire dantoni chants anyone? you cant always blame the players
grin.gif
. btw al harrington is the 2nd worst thing that ever happened to the knicks. weshould just bring the entire 90s knick team and make them assistant coaches to teach some DEFENSE and TOUGHNESS. something these bums lack. i dunno aboutya'll but i really think we're able to turn things around. i mean theres 72 games remaining, 72! i may be the most optimistic one here, but i dobelieve we will be fighting for a 7th or 8th spot come april. there is no way we're gonna be this bad all year long. no way....

fire dantoni chants anyone?
Stop it. Really.

we should just bring the entire 90s knick team and make them assistant coaches to teach some DEFENSE and TOUGHNESS.
when you get to the NBA and have been on several teams, like most of these guys, you are what you are. It's not anyone's responsibility inthis league to coddle players and motivate them. People are self accountable and need to be self motivated, there are games every other night. Nobody has timeto hold Will Chandler's hand while he's on the court.

This coaching staff isn't exactly working with much. It's a players league for the most part. This is the same core that at least looked decent attimes last year, the coaches didn't get dumb over night. What I would hold them responsible for is continuing to come out flat, eventually you have to holdeveryone accountable. But it's still mostly on the players.

The thought of wanting him fired? How much more would that set us back? Patience..

Originally Posted by xblker47

sick.gif

We need some sort of wake up call for these guys
smh.gif
Dantoni need to line this team up outside of their locker room, get his mafia connects to slap these dudes up before each game and i'm tellinya.....we'll win

Originally Posted by Al3xis

when you get to the NBA and have been on several teams, like most of these guys, you are what you are. It's not anyone's responsibility in this league to coddle players and motivate them. People are self accountable and need to be self motivated, there are games every other night. Nobody has time to hold Will Chandler's hand while he's on the court.

This coaching staff isn't exactly working with much. It's a players league for the most part. This is the same core that at least looked decent at times last year, the coaches didn't get dumb over night. What I would hold them responsible for is continuing to come out flat, eventually you have to hold everyone accountable. But it's still mostly on the players.

The thought of wanting him fired? How much more would that set us back? Patience..
Good post. Agree with everything 100%.

These guys are going to give up...not because they don't care and know that they are gone next year...but because they can see that the team is that badand they don't have the roster to be competitive in this league.

I can see the passion and disappointment in Larry, Al, Chris and David's eyes. These guys want to compete, they want to win. This is still their career,reputation and livelihood at stake at the end of the day. Plus just being in the Garden and wearing that Knicks jersey forces you to have some type of pride inwhat you are doing on the court.

The problem is the roster and our style of play. The defense schemes are consistently horrible, man on man with no center and a roster full of 3rd string andbench players, really? Switching on every pass and getting blown by on the switch, leading to the whole defense getting broken down...that is going todemoralize players.

And what is our offensive strategy? I have seen none. We are playing streetball with a talentless roster. Thats gonna lead to failure everytime. I thinki've seen one backdoor cut so far and a million hot potato passes around the perimeter.

We need to try some zone looks, some double teaming in the post and real defensive rotation. Some Princeton offense, more screen and rolls since it all guardsout there....shake things up man, do something. You have to be creative and active on the sidelines with a team like this.

This team is unprepared to win right now and that falls on everyone shoulders.

I like Mike as a coach and want to see hm stay to coach a real team but come on...he has to start doing things differently. You can't coach like you are onPhoenix or the Olympic team with this Knicks roster. He has to switch up his attitude and coaching strategy with this bunch.

And Walsh...yes we are rebuilding and freeing cap space but at least put a viable team on the damn floor. I been saying this, but this is not an NBA roster,there are mad holes in this lineup. No veteran leadership, no true PG, no post presence, no scorer...and he has the nerve to say he expects us to becompetitive this season, even make the playoffs? Come on B...I'm supporting him too but i'm not high on what he has done with this team so far, at all.Cap space or not.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

And Walsh...yes we are rebuilding and freeing cap space but at least put a viable team on the damn floor. I been saying this, but this is not an NBA roster, there are mad holes in this lineup. No veteran leadership, no true PG, no post presence, no scorer...and he has the nerve to say he expects us to be competitive this season, even make the playoffs? Come on B...I'm supporting him too but i'm not high on what he has done with this team so far, at all. Cap space or not.

I can't blame Donnie. His hands are tied here. In order to make this team better today, he'd more than likely have to negaively effect tomorrow. Ithink what he's trying to do is promote some growth and experience for guys like Gallo, Wilson, Douglas etc. Other than Allen Iverson, who will likely takeshots away from the young guys, and not stick around for more than a season, I don't see what we can do to make this team more talented without cuttinginto our cap space in 2010.

And he has no choice but to say he wants to be competitive this year. Knicks fans would commit suicide if the GM was saying "we're just going to tankthis season."
laugh.gif

Whatever, though. We're horrible, and all we can do is hope someone is brought in this summer who can make us respectable again. After these past 10 years,we're due for a four-peat.
laugh.gif

i like mike, but i hope someone starts those fire mike chants. this team needs some pressure and some heart.
they're seriously looking like a bunch of effortless bums out there.

that will motivate them how?

if anything then they think they're off the hook and care even less

whether you want to believe or not, mike def. has part of the blame.
have you seen those bums switch on defense out there? they look like 5 year olds trying to run after grown men.
and if they actually liked mike as an coach, they would def. want to prove that hes a good coach and that he should stay.

I like Mike, but he has some fault in all of this. It just seems like he doesn't put the right people in at the right time sometimes. He needs to put Galloin earlier in the 4th and tell him to take more shots. And obviously he doesn't stress going to the basket enough. He needs to make some rules about theseridiculous three pointers.

And as for the players, I have no idea what they're thinking. I don't even get the idea that they aren't playing hard because they know theywon't be here next year. With their future hanging in the balance and the economy this bad why aren't they playing out of their minds?

I haven't watched the last few games (thankfully), but from the first 6-7 games I never thought that effort was an issue. Guys are playing for theircareers and contracts, so they have no reason to pack it in. Besides Wilson Chandler (who i hate more than anyone on this team and hope to see packaged witheddy curry), I've seen fight and effort out of everyone. The problem is, the team is just not good. You can blame D'Antoni to an extent, but you haveto remember how he was also able to help them overachieve so much last year. He took an awful squad and made them at least somewhat competitive.

This was the plan that Walsh had, to trade everybody away and start to become a fiscally responsible team so that they can actually build a team the right way,with young players and the ability to make moves with free agents. In the process, we all knew they'd suck these two years. I don't think last yearfooled anyone into thinking we'd be a contender this year, but I'm sure he was hoping that they could at least try to make a run at the 8th seed andmaybe get lucky (and who knows, 10 games or so in it's not over)...

The real problem I have with the team is the style of basketball they play. I hate seeing the Knicks become a team that just chucks shots hoping to outscoreeveryone. It really bothers me that they don't value possessions and don't believe that defense is a part of the game. They took a New York team andtried to make it look like a euro basketball team with even less toughness or emphasis on defense. You can put that on D'antoni, but I guess you also haveto consider that it kind of worked for them last year. He took a 3rd string/backup PG in Chris Duhon and almost made him look like a servicable player. He gaveNate Robinson, David Lee, Wilson Chandler, and Al Harrington great statistical years and the team actually won a couple of games. Jacking up shots and playingno D can do that for a team, but at least it gave them some confidence and they seemed to grow up alot last year. It's kind of hard for me to say I wantD'Antoni gone if he's doing a decent job just because I hate his style of basketball, but if this year continues like this and we break records forlosing, then that would definetly change my mind.

This year the Knicks just are who we thought they were, and I can't be mad that they're not overachieving. The only thing I'm really worried aboutis if Lebron decides to stay in Cleveland (which he probably will, but who knows), the Knicks throwing max money at a decent player like Joe Johnson justbecause they can. It's probably going to be a while until this team can compete, and I don't want them to rush something like that given that theyalready decided to throw away 2 years. I'm also pissed about passing on Brandon Jennings, not because there's anything wrong with Hill, but becausethey were so afraid to take a chance and weren't dilligent in scouting him.

I didn't see the game last night, but it was the same old nothing from Wilson Chandler? I'm starting to hate him too.

Last year, I used to tune in. I don't even care about what these dudes are doing this year. Just looks ugly out there.

2010 can't get here faster. On a brighter note the A been poppin this year.

Do not fire Dantoni, the players he got don't have the IQ to run his offense the right way.
Harrington is a blackhole, he either chucks it or puts his head down and rams the paint. And he said he was going to try to avg 5 ast this season smh.
Duhon is done should be benched immediately. Dlee should never play center again. Other teams gameboard is to drive on us because they know dlee ain'tdoing nothing.

The problem I have with dantoni is his rotation. Darko in the doghouse while people run layup drills on us?......
I liked what I saw from Hill last night. He was aggressive and ran the floor really well.

I guess its ecity time
laugh.gif

they don't need to chant fire d'antoni...just boo the hell out of the team every night like they use to do
laugh.gif

Who the hell is jordan hill. Jennings is prolly laughing at our assoc. right now.

Year in and year out, we can never catch a break
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom