Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by Al3xis

do not need much at PG if LeBron is here.

isn't that the problem with his current team? he has to do it all. imagine bron playing with an above average point guard like nash or chris paul
sick.gif
i mean just find one who plays D, can push the ball and distribute. he doesn't NEED an all star at that spot with how much the ball is in hishands.

yall do realize BJ is shooting the ball more than any other PG? that wouldn't exactly work well with lebron

Jennings and Bron would make a perfect pair on the court imo.

BJ is only shooting because he has to and Bron needs another scorer that can allow him to play his balanced game.

He needs to be finishing instead of having the ball 95% of the time like he does now. A PG with a jumper like Jennings and the ability to drive would wreakhavoc paired with Lebron.

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Originally Posted by BangDak

one question, does anyone think BJ would be half the player he is right now under mike?
i mean, look at this team. all they do is jack up 3s.

TONEY DOUGLAS is half the player Jennings is under D'Antoni, so...
eyes.gif

You say alot of outrageous things. Let Douglas play 40 min a game first
indifferent.gif

We wouldn't want Lebron doing everything like he is now, having a PG this season would mean 1yr expierence under D'antoni, which would bea big help since we have no PG of the future.
And i rather fit everyone into their positions, let a PG play PG.

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

jordan hill aint no tim duncan, so it will take him some time to develop like any other young big man.

we needed size and a presence in the paint BADLY. I think we were dead last in the nba in blocked shots and opponent fg%. We had a bajillion guards already...jennings isnt a superman that wouldve saved our team. The bucks have players that complement jennings really well. The knicks not so much.
Of course we do....Who was playing Center???.. Guarding 7'6 Yao Ming, 6'11 Dwight Howard, 7'0 Gasol, 7'1 Shaq, etc.... 6'9David Lee was

At this point, i would do a lineup of Douglas-Gallo-Al-Lee-Darko and see how that works out.
let nate, chandler and hill come off the bench.
duhon+hughes+jefferies can kick rocks, although jefferies has been somewhat solid and hughes has been good defensively.
im also anticipating currys return, which i believe was wednesday?

Yall took that comment wrong, i mean specifically the PG position.

i'm not saying Lebron needs nothing.

Anyway, Brandon Jennings is not walking through that door, time to move on, we'll see how certain careers unfold..

you going to use that one now allen?
laugh.gif

wouldnt bron be even better if you can play him off the ball at times and let him come off screens and some give him the ball in the post?

add in you really do need a PG in that offense

He needs a teammate to create other than himself, whether that be a 2 guard or a PG.

Like i said, just someone who can push the ball and play some D.

Whether someone handling the offense would help him or not, fact is, he dominates the ball..which you can't really argue with.

i'd prefer a Rondo like PG over a jennings like pg.

someone like mario chalmers, and then find a wing who can go get their own shot.

jordan hill aint no tim duncan, so it will take him some time to develop like any other young big man.

we needed size and a presence in the paint BADLY. I think we were dead last in the nba in blocked shots and opponent fg%. We had a bajillion guards already...jennings isnt a superman that wouldve saved our team. The bucks have players that complement jennings really well. The knicks not so much.
Im not saying that i dont think Hill wont develop to a solid player. Anyone who can even considering mentioning the word bust at this point in hiscareer gets a big
indifferent.gif

Saying that though, there is always the possibility of resigning David Lee who is moe than a respectable starter at the 4 as well. With Jennings we REALLYmissed out on getting a solid PG as well as in FA, i am really starting to think we took the approach too lightly. Cause without a draft pick i really dont seehow we are gonna get a solid starting PG in the near future and right now Brandon Jennings is looking like FAR more than a solid starting PG, and i know he wasa bit of a "me first" type of game like OG Steph, but dont you think he would be a HUGE recruiting chip for FAs next summer? And with his quicknesshe would be great running the floor with a Bron in D'Antoni's high speed offense, who would compete with that athletisism? Jennings would make itpossible to run the floor with Bron, be a scoring option fo him to play with as well, and than we would have Gallo who is quickly beccoming one of the biggestdeep threats in the NBA which is ideal when you are running the floor with speed like that and nobody is better and the drive and kick than Bron because youhave to respect him on the drive because there is no one better forcin defenses to help out, and his passing vision is also uncanny.

Now instead of haaving a bright young PG to play with who is hungrhy as well, a young shooter who is also 6'10, and a hustle guy like David Lee. We have noPG and it looks like we wont get one before next summer, we still have Gallo and Lee but Lee is one foot out the door by adding Hill who we picked at #8 andplays the same poition as Lee but is less proven and im not saying he will be bad but he is far less of an attractive player to play with at this point in hiscareer than Jennings is.

Like i said i knew Jennings would be better off the bat than Hill. This is no suprise but i had no idea he would be this good this fast. It is really startingto look like a miss. And if we couldnt find an option at PF we could always just have resigned Lee who after leading the NBA in double doubles last year is anattractive piece for any FA cause it is always good to have a tyalented workhorse like him. Now that we got no PG this summer we are pretty much #*+!%# in thatdepartment cause Duhon is god awful and needs to go asap, Nate love him to death is a 6th man, and Toney Douglas who i like also and i think will be good iscertainly not the answer for us.

Honestly, I can't stand to have David Lee on this team anymore.

I hope they do NOT re-sign him. He can go pad his stats elsewhere.

what kills is the thought of getting jennings, and blair instead of douglas.
both dudes are killingly it, and it makes me cringe.
Jennings-Chandler-Gallo-Lee-Blair.
Nate, Al, Jefferies. thats a pretty damn decent team.
enough with this BJ talk though, thinking about it isnt going to make the cut in the heart any better. at least hill has shown signs of potential, he justneeds more practice and PT.
and agreed with lee. i see him getting traded with jefferies or curry at the deadline so that hill can get more burn.

Honestly, I can't stand to have David Lee on this team anymore.

I hope they do NOT re-sign him. He can go pad his stats elsewhere.
allen ive been with you from the start, and i still do not think Jennings would be "ideal" here. I just think he is the best possible PGthat was available for us for a long time without a 1st rounder this year. Than throughout the rest of the summer we missed out on a few other PG options whowhile may not be "great" would certainly be the best PG on this team (yes id take Telfair or Sessions starting over Duhon any day of the week, whowere clearly out for the taking) and i wont count Andre Miller or Kidd cause we were juust kinda outbidded with them.

Im Donnie Walsh's biggest supporter and i still got faith in him and i still believe Hill will be a good player, but everyone makes mistakes. Who is the PGthat you believe will attract a guy like Lebron to us? Cause aint no big FA gonna come here knowing that Chris Duhon will be getting them the ball
indifferent.gif

you know you quoted be about david lee, right?
laugh.gif

but...I wanted Flynn, then recently my hopes of Rondo becoming a FA went out the window...so you're right there is nobody out there. Maybe we use the MLEon someone? idk how to acquire one, but I am sure Mike and Donnie both realize now that Duhon needs to be replaced

you know you quoted be about david lee, right?
laugh.gif

but...I wanted Flynn, then recently my hopes of Rondo becoming a FA went out the window...so you're right there is nobody out there. Maybe we use the MLE on someone? idk how to acquire one, but I am sure Mike and Donnie both realize now that Duhon needs to be replaced
at least we can agree with that, which is why i am starting to have regrets on missing out on Jennings because he was definitley the last optionfor a quality PG for awhile and hes what 19? Than we missed out in FA, and that is exactly what i didnt want to happen. Plus as far as i know of there is noPG remotely attractive in FA. Hopefully Donnie could work some magic soon, because a trade has to happen. We needa try and rid ourselves of some more contractsand replace Duhon at the point asap. Especially if hes serious about being competitive because if he keeps this exact team out there for too long, even if heDOES do something, it may be too late to be competitive. I mean we are already 1-9, we have no PG, and no center
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Im not saying that i dont think Hill wont develop to a solid player. Anyone who can even considering mentioning the word bust at this point in his career gets a big
indifferent.gif

Saying that though, there is always the possibility of resigning David Lee who is moe than a respectable starter at the 4 as well. With Jennings we REALLY missed out on getting a solid PG as well as in FA, i am really starting to think we took the approach too lightly. Cause without a draft pick i really dont see how we are gonna get a solid starting PG in the near future and right now Brandon Jennings is looking like FAR more than a solid starting PG, and i know he was a bit of a "me first" type of game like OG Steph, but dont you think he would be a HUGE recruiting chip for FAs next summer? And with his quickness he would be great running the floor with a Bron in D'Antoni's high speed offense, who would compete with that athletisism? Jennings would make it possible to run the floor with Bron, be a scoring option fo him to play with as well, and than we would have Gallo who is quickly beccoming one of the biggest deep threats in the NBA which is ideal when you are running the floor with speed like that and nobody is better and the drive and kick than Bron because you have to respect him on the drive because there is no one better forcin defenses to help out, and his passing vision is also uncanny.

Now instead of haaving a bright young PG to play with who is hungrhy as well, a young shooter who is also 6'10, and a hustle guy like David Lee. We have no PG and it looks like we wont get one before next summer, we still have Gallo and Lee but Lee is one foot out the door by adding Hill who we picked at #8 and plays the same poition as Lee but is less proven and im not saying he will be bad but he is far less of an attractive player to play with at this point in his career than Jennings is.

Like i said i knew Jennings would be better off the bat than Hill. This is no suprise but i had no idea he would be this good this fast. It is really starting to look like a miss. And if we couldnt find an option at PF we could always just have resigned Lee who after leading the NBA in double doubles last year is an attractive piece for any FA cause it is always good to have a tyalented workhorse like him. Now that we got no PG this summer we are pretty much #*+!%# in that department cause Duhon is god awful and needs to go asap, Nate love him to death is a 6th man, and Toney Douglas who i like also and i think will be good is certainly not the answer for us.
Co-sign 100%

That the main reason i'm so down on the Hill pick. He would be playing the exact same role as Lee but I don't see him ever being as good as David.

We needed a PG badly and this was the perfect draft to take our pick. And the perfect PG for this city and offense was on the board. Even if we got Teague wewould've been better off.

I'm actually happy that BJ is doing his thing with the Bucks, the bad vibes that have surrounded this franchise in the last decade might have pulled himdown too.

We really need to swap some contracts by mid season.

Lets see how things looks with Curry back in the rotation.

Knicks still have options out there at the point for next season (and maybe even this season too).

Hinrich will most certainly be available (though I'm guessing you guys are done with former Bulls players
laugh.gif
).

I'm guessing Sessions will also be available too.

Iverson of course.

Andre Miller, Steve Blake or Bayless (Knicks really should try to steal Bayless).

Augustin

Bynum

Ridnour

Anthony Carter

^ You ain't kidding brother. When we look to a player like Eddy Curry with at least a little bit of hope to try and get us out of the hole we're in orat least provide some relief, you know this team is in BAD shape. i won't even go into the Brando Jennings fiasco. I guess anyone can make a mistake, butit just seems to be a trail of issues that the Knicks can't escape from. There has to be some super hungry players out there who have been ignored orpassed by who can give us a lot more than the current crop of players who just seem to be taking up space. How many more bad decisions can the powers that becommit?

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Knicks still have options out there at the point for next season (and maybe even this season too).

Hinrich will most certainly be available (though I'm guessing you guys are done with former Bulls players
laugh.gif
).

I'm guessing Sessions will also be available too.

Iverson of course.

Andre Miller, Steve Blake or Bayless (Knicks really should try to steal Bayless).

Augustin

Bynum

Ridnour

Anthony Carter
Hinrich- id take the chance on him if it wasnt for his ridiculous salary we should take no part of

Sessions- passed on him this summer, i doubt well pursue him in trade via the team that signed him

Iverson- you know my stance, but even saying that he is a natural 2

Andre Miller- just signed with Portland and they not gonna let go of him

Steve Blake- decent player but definitley not the option for our starting PG. More of a role player like Duhon

Bayless- agreed if we can steal him we should, but he may be more of a 2 also and he was a high pick with Potland and i doubt theyre ready to give up on himjust yet

Augustin- I REALLY wanted Augustin in that 08 draft, im happy with Gallo now, but Augustin would be a dream. But hes theres no way Charlotte lets him go

Bynum/Ridnour/Anthony Carter- I a big fan of Bynum but come on he was in Israel last year, im not ready to make him our starting PG, Ridnour is garbage, andAnthony Johnson? Really?

There really isnt alot of viable options in the near future for a starting PG for the future. Most of those dudes arent even better options for the future thanNate or Douglas and both arent starting PGs either. Jennings was our last chance in awhile to get a good starting PG for the future and im just starting torealize this now after failing in Free Agency as well last summer. Our best bet is to still try and do something to get ubio's rights from the Wolves andthan buy him out of his contract with Barcelona... but as we all know that is a long shot as well.
ohwell.gif

Hopefully Donnie will suprise me and be able to get a PG i can live with and not kill our 2010 plan

EDIT: also skip to my lou is expiring/wants out and i believe Telfair and TJ Ford can opt out this summer but
ohwell.gif
... although i believe the latter 2 could be a good option for the right priceto play the role until someone better comes along

I'd choose Augustin out of all of those by far.

Ageed 100% but lets be realistic. Charlotte aint giving him up

Also Randy Foye is kinda a sleeper. Hes nice, young, and a local, and he is a restricted FA but may be expendable in Washington because they have GilbertArenas so he does not start and for a young player who dropped 16 a game last year, he definitley warrants a starting ole on most NBA teams. If we can make adeal for him, that would be great considering hes very young and far better than any of our PG options right now and we can determine his future this summer.And if not, and if Washington decides to part ways with him this summer we can potentially sign him for the right price or work out a sign and trade
nerd.gif

and btw remember those Chandler to the Wizards rumors for that #5 pick around draft time? Id take that deal if we were to get Foye. We need a PG ALOT more thana swingman especially with the emergence of Gallinari making Will somewhat expendable. Besides that not many of our player are attractive in a trade, and iwould definitley do some deal where we package Chandler with Duhon to get Foye and posss a draft pick? I think it works for all parties. We get a good young PGsomething we DESPERATELY need, esp one with an expiring contract, Wizards get a more controlled backup in Duhon a good compliment to Gilbert Arenas score firstmentality (plus its an expiring contractt) plus a very talented and athletic young swing man who would help immediately, and Randy Foye gets a startingposition which im sure he wants/deserves plus hes back in the tri stat area being from Newark, while Duhon goes back to being a role player where he belongs

Yeah, Hinrich's contract (signed through 2012) at roughly 9m per may be tough to swallow. But there's no doubt that Kirk is a better option than Duhon.Plus he's still young.

Sessions was a panic/mistake signing by the Wolves. I'm sure they will be looking to unload him once JF gets a firm grip on his pg duties.

Iverson is definitely a natural 2. But for his career, he still averages over 6 apg. Not to mention he was a starting pg for like the 1st five yrs of hiscareer.

Miller/Blake/Bayless.... 3 guards who are capable of starting. So one of them HAS to go. Especially considering that Por still has Rudy over there. Plus Roy.Come on, how many guards do they need?? Blake's deal is up after this year. And Bayless gets the least mpg of the group. Why not get creative and try toswing a deal for one of those two?

Augustin seems to have taken a step back. Maybe it's LB... Or maybe it's the losing... But I'm guessing that he's not someone the Bobcats aredying to hold onto.

Bynum, Carter (not Johnson man
laugh.gif
), and Ridnour all expire after this year. I only suggested them as rentals. Once Rip returns, I'm wondering where Bynumfits in. Lawson and Chauncey basically have made Carter expendable. And Jennings pretty much has killed Ridnour's career in Milwaukee. So all 3 of thoseguys would probably be available for cheap.

Foye is a good name that you mentioned. But he's more of a natural 2 than a point. Plus, I doubt the Wiz will let him go. They need a dependable guard toplay behind Arenas in case he gets hurt again.

Back
Top Bottom