d6625f64bcbc72bab9abe9dcf9cce2b5ad5e41f.bmp

Chill. Isiah was a horrible coach, but he would have done the right thing and drafted Jennings (even if they traded for the 5th pick).

I honestly think if anyone besides D'Antoni was coach here in NY, they would have taken Jennings also (word to Mark Jackson)

This organization REALLY dropped the ball yet again...
smh.gif

Almost though, almost. Jennings talked about the New York Knicks passing on him at No. 8 on draft day, about losing out on the chance to resurrect one of the league's glamour franchises, to make Madison Square Garden his own.

"I feel like I understand why teams like the Knicks passed on me, because I didn't put up big numbers in Italy last year," he said. "But you needed to see me in the practices, and the workouts, to see how I was coming along there. Hey, I'm a gym rat. You had to know that about me."

yeah zeke would have gotten jennings but we still would be giving up a top 5 pick to the jazz, and we would still have fat boy, and jefferies would still begetting paid.

SO +@$! ZEKE

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Donny is as bad as Isiah.

smh.gif
nah man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that's very disrespectful to donnie

Isiah is the reason why we don't have a 2009 draft pick from that 2004 trade w/ marbury
sick.gif

although, I do agree that Isiah would have pick Jennings but do you think he would have been willing to trade away zbo and jamal crawford for cap space?? Dudewas too stubborn to make trades like that. Let's see what happens this year and this offseason. Then we can judge Donnie.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Let's see what happens this year and this offseason. Then we can judge Donnie.
Indeed.

But we better get Wade, Bron or 2 top tier players.

With a looming worst franchise record on the horizon and passing up on great young building blocks like we have...anything less will be a failure in my eyes.

one question, does anyone think BJ would be half the player he is right now under mike?
i mean, look at this team. all they do is jack up 3s.

Donnie is still a Pacer at heart...
laugh.gif

Jennings is a beast and I wanted so badly for him to keep slipping to my Pacers.. but it didn't happen..

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

laugh.gif
Nah, Donnie ain't pulling no Kevin McHale or Jerry West shenanigans.
smh.gif

Then again, that could be b/c the Knicks don't have a single player that any other GM covets.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

laugh.gif
Nah, Donnie ain't pulling no Kevin McHale or Jerry West shenanigans.
smh.gif

Then again, that could be b/c the Knicks don't have a single player that any other GM covets.
laugh.gif

hey now we got the italian stallion

roll.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

one question, does anyone think BJ would be half the player he is right now under mike?
i mean, look at this team. all they do is jack up 3s.

TONEY DOUGLAS is half the player Jennings is under D'Antoni, so...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Thing is, Isiah would have drafted Jennings.
Can't front on Zeke there. He most likely would have.
stop it. As good as a drafter as Zeke is. He has the ability to make players out of late picks. There was a reason we never picked top 5 with himdespite being top 5 in terms of being that bad. Dumb *++@ would have probably traded the pick for garbage word to Eddy Curry. But yeah if he had the pick heprob woulda taken Jennings, not like he would be able to coach him though since we had no system.
smh.gif

The Knicks should just trade for AI at this point. At 1-9 we have NOTHING to lose especilly without a draft pick. AI is still extremely talented and at hisvery worst hed still be our most talented player. not to mention he needs us more than we would need him cause he is always hungry but hed be even hungrierbecause we could offer him the starting job he wants at the 2 (better than Hughes
sick.gif
) and he wants to show teams he is still an elite NBA player and go somewhere as a starter next summer. He would give us a reliable scoring optionwhich we need and he would bring some winning experience and leadership and an attitude to play +$*%##@ hard which we need even more.

And on another note i agee D'Antoni has to take some fault. The amount of 3s we take is riddic and the the D is just AWFUL... but firing him? Reallyy?
smh.gif

the fact that we passed up on Brandon Jennings for Jordan Hill is killing me right now.

I was one of the biggest advocates to NOT take Jennings and taking Hill when Flynn, etc were gone. And i knew that JJennings would be more attractive andthe better/flashier player right away, but i always felt that Hill would be more productive in the long run although i knew hed get little pt this season. Andi still do think he will be a productive player in our system and a starter. But watching Jennings drop 55 last night KILLED me. I am immediately starting toregret not taking him. I knew he would be good right away but not THIS good. And he is straight up hungry and really wanted to be a Knick. Having him and Galloalong with Lee and Will and Nate would be a nice young tandem, but we have NO +$*%##@ pg. Even if we do have the cap space this summer (asnd we will) whose thePG? I wouldnt have as much of a problem with passing on Jennings if we had our pick this summer cause id just say take John Wall or Willie Warren or somebodyand just be done with it. nbd. But we dont, and we goot noone to run the point. Duhon is trash and i am confident that he not only would not start on any teambesides the Knicks in the NBA, but i even doubt hed start on every D-League team. Nates my man but hes not a starter, and Douglas looks alright but i doubt hecan develop into a good NBA starting PG. I think hell be a player but he is already old for a rookie and i dont know how much developing he has and he idk ifhe will be able to stat at the point for us and run the show any time soon. I said it from the start that we made a mistake not aquiring a PG this summer, notnecessarily about Jennings cause i didnt want him but even with Sessions and Andre Miller. And it looks like it just will keep hurting us. As much as it painsme to say it and i have far from given up oon Hill, but it looks like Jennings was the pick at 8
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

jordan hill aint no tim duncan, so it will take him some time to develop like any other young big man.

we needed size and a presence in the paint BADLY. I think we were dead last in the nba in blocked shots and opponent fg%. We had a bajillion guardsalready...jennings isnt a superman that wouldve saved our team. The bucks have players that complement jennings really well. The knicks not so much.

Gotta agree with bringing in AI. Everything GR8 said is accurate:

He's on a 1 yr deal, he can start (over Duhon at the point or Hughes at the 2), he still wants to prove himself for next year, he'd bring somemuch-needed excitement to MSG, and I just want to see AI playing again for purely selfish reasons.

As for Jennings:

Analysis: The Bucks went into rebuilding mode this week when they shipped Richard Jefferson to the Spurs for expiring contracts. So if they're going to lose for a little while, why not swing for the fences with a player who could be really special?

Jennings is a terrific athlete, is super quick and can score like crazy. He needs to get stronger, work on his jump shot and settle down a bit, but he has the tools to be great if he wants to be.

Meeks doesn't have the physical tools Jennings does, but he's a crafty scorer who can light it up when given the chance.

The Bucks' future now rests with young players like Andrew Bogut, Joe Alexander and Jennings. It might take Jennings a little longer to realize his potential, but if he does, the Bucks hit a home run.

Gotta put some of the blame for missing out on BJ on the stupid %%+ T'Wolves (taking Rubio AND Flynn
indifferent.gif
).

Originally Posted by Al3xis

do not need much at PG if LeBron is here.

isn't that the problem with his current team? he has to do it all. imagine bron playing with an above average point guard like nash or chris paul
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom