Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I'm in for a LeBron celebration/ice cream summit.
laugh.gif
a bunch of dudes in the city sitting in a circle, eating ice cream and talking about Lebron....
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I would seriously fly up though if they got Lebron and team NYK had a summit, I need to see my cousins anyway.

First round of ice cream on me, I need to make up for it since I got left out of assigning players to people
laugh.gif

Awwwwwww man, you guys seem serious, i hope we dance and crab dribble together on 42nd st

api73k.jpg

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I'm in for a LeBron celebration/ice cream summit.
laugh.gif
a bunch of dudes in the city sitting in a circle, eating ice cream and talking about Lebron....
smh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

another update ..in my 2nd reply on 1st page

On a slightly unrelated note, am I the only one that thinks Lebron is gay? I mean, I know he was raised by his mother, but every time he's doing a postgame interview with his hands on his hips I half expect him to end it with a quick "Thank you, baby." And that chalk toss at the beginning might aswell be glitter. He's definitely the most fabulous player in the league.

Originally Posted by NYelectric

On a slightly unrelated note, am I the only one that thinks Lebron is gay? I mean, I know he was raised by his mother, but every time he's doing a post game interview with his hands on his hips I half expect him to end it with a quick "Thank you, baby." And that chalk toss at the beginning might as well be glitter. He's definitely the most fabulous player in the league.
laugh.gif

you never know.

laugh.gif
@ the last few pages yall wildin. On the other hand we got the bobcats tomorrow for our rematch. We lost by 2 in double ot in our first meeting on theroad and we could have won that game. Also they now added capt jack to their squad. But if we can make it 6 in a row then.....
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by lexuslaf

If yall boys can somehow get JOHN WALL anndddd LEBRON...
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
If Utah gets the number one pick, Would trading the pick for Lee+Cash consideration be enough?

Edit - I take it back Lee + Cash considerations + Bender!!!

I seriously dont even wanna think about what would happen if, God forbid, our pick (that we no longer own) ends up landing at the top of lottery, and Wall isthere....

Originally Posted by Woodside718

laugh.gif
@ the last few pages yall wildin. On the other hand we got the bobcats tomorrow for our rematch. We lost by 2 in double ot in our first meeting on the road and we could have won that game. Also they now added capt jack to their squad. But if we can make it 6 in a row then.....
nerd.gif
than wed have to win 5 first
laugh.gif

[h1]Bender May Play Tuesday[/h1]
Dec 14, 2009 3:01 PM EST

Bender_Jonathan_ind.jpg
Mike D'Antoni indicated thathe may give playing time to Jonathan Bender in Tuesday's game at Charlotte.

Bender is attempting a comeback and was signed by New York on Saturday.

Nate? Hill? Darko?....But a dude who haven't played a game in three years is just gonna jump in the lineup and play in a game within 2days?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by NYelectric

Darko must be certifiably ******ed.

roll.gif

But seriously, someone HAS to be getting traded in the near future. NO WAY Walsh lets the team go the rest of the year with all 15 roster spots accounted for.

Bender will be the 2010 version of Dermarr Johnson & Qyntel Woods...

[h1]Bender impresses in practice, could dress for Knicks tomorrow[/h1] DavidLee was impressed with the shape the newest Knick, Jonathan Bender, isin after not playing an NBA game in four years.<p></p><br>"He's doing great," Lee said after practice today. "I told him todaythat he's in a lot better shape than I would be if I took a coupleyears off ... I'd be 400 pounds.<p> </p><br>"He looks like he's in great shape, looks like he's moving well outthere, and he's just got to find his rhythm."<p></p><br>Bender did look pretty good on the court this afternoon in his secondpractice with the Knicks, moving well around the court and hitting somejumpers. Shooting has always been Bender's strength, and the 7-footerhas the size and athleticism to potentially do well in Mike D'Antoni'soffensive system, in which the coach said Bender would be awing.<p> </p><br>"He can guard a lot of people," D'Antoni said. "He's one of those guysthat fits well with what we're trying to do ... hits three's, runs thefloor, and has a lot of talent, so we're excited about thepossibilities."<p> </p><br>As D'Antoni watched the 7-footer hit several jump shots during anindividual drill at the end of practice, he wouldn't rule out thepossibility that Bender could dress for tomorrow's game.<p></p><br>"I don't know ... we'll see," D'Antoni said. "He could (dress), becauseI wouldn't mind, not knowing how the game is going to go, to get himtime as soon as I can, in maybe a non-stressful time."<p></p><br>As for the big man himself, he felt pretty good after working out onback-to-back days as a pro for the first time in years.<p></p><br>"I feel good," Bender said. "Before the first practice I worked out atthe YMCA over in White Plains that night, and then I came in here andpracticed yesterday. (That) was pretty good speed, coach keeps usmoving, and then got a good workout in last night, and then came intoday and feel good."<p> </p><br>My gut feeling is that this signing wasn't just a favor to Bender, andthe Knicks will keep him beyond the deadline for all season-longcontracts to be official early next month. Walsh and D'Antoni have beenvery vocal about their excitement about signing Bender, when all theycould have had to say is, "We'll see what happens."<p></p><br>If he can stay on the court, Bender has the ability to play on theKnicks - particularly because of his ability to shoot the ball, whichhe showed off in the drills today. And, as Walsh told reporters, Benderclearly has more upside than the vast majority of players who are outthere looking for jobs at this point. In the end, the move is ano-risk, high-reward one that could be a neat story if he ends upbecoming part of the rotation, or just as a spot-duty fill-in.<p></p><br>[email protected]<p> </p><br>5:48 PM, December 14, 2009 ι By TIM BONTEMPS
David Lee was impressed with the shape the newest Knick, Jonathan Bender, is in after not playing an NBA game in four years.

"He's doing great," Lee said after practice today. "I told him today that he's in a lot better shape than I would be if I took acouple years off ... I'd be 400 pounds.

"He looks like he's in great shape, looks like he's moving well out there, and he's just got to find his rhythm."

Bender did look pretty good on the court this afternoon in his second practice with the Knicks, moving well around the court and hitting some jumpers.Shooting has always been Bender's strength, and the 7-footer has the size and athleticism to potentially do well in Mike D'Antoni's offensivesystem, in which the coach said Bender would be a wing.

"He can guard a lot of people," D'Antoni said. "He's one of those guys that fits well with what we're trying to do ... hitsthree's, runs the floor, and has a lot of talent, so we're excited about the possibilities."

As D'Antoni watched the 7-footer hit several jump shots during an individual drill at the end of practice, he wouldn't rule out the possibility thatBender could dress for tomorrow's game.

"I don't know ... we'll see," D'Antoni said. "He could (dress), because I wouldn't mind, notknowing how the game is going to go, to get him time as soon as I can, in maybe a non-stressful time."

As for the big man himself, he felt pretty good after working out on back-to-back days as a pro for the first time in years.

"I feel good," Bender said. "Before the first practice I worked out at the YMCAover in White Plains that night, and then I came in here and practiced yesterday. (That) was pretty good speed, coach keeps us moving, and then got a goodworkout in last night, and then came in today and feel good."

My gut feeling is that this signing wasn't just a favor to Bender, and the Knicks will keep him beyond the deadline for all season-long contracts to beofficial early next month. Walsh and D'Antoni have been very vocal about their excitement about signing Bender, when all they could have had to say is,"We'll see what happens."

If he can stay on the court, Bender has the ability to play on the Knicks - particularly because of his ability to shoot the ball, which he showed off inthe drills today. And, as Walsh told reporters, Bender clearly has more upside than the vast majority of players who are out there looking for jobs at thispoint. In the end, the move is a no-risk, high-reward one that could be a neat story if he ends up becoming part of the rotation, or just as a spot-dutyfill-in.

[email protected]

Non stressful time aka garbage time. I didn't think dantoni would throw bender into the rotation right away like that lol.

Back
Top Bottom