Originally Posted by AgentPD21

[h4][/h4]
[h4]3. King Doesn't Need New York[/h4]

By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine

nyk.gif

The notion that every player -- or at least every star player -- in the NBA wants to play in New York tickles me.

In the early 2000s, while a Knicks beat writer for The New YorkTimes, I remember being baffled because many of my colleagues andreaders thought every skilled free agent was headed to New York -- eventhough all the Knicks could offer such max-salary talent was themidlevel exception. They thought Grant Hill would leave Detroit for theKnicks (for less coin) and Chris Webber would spurn Sacramento for theBig Apple (and chump change).

Now, New York assumes it's getting LeBron James. At least the Knicksactually have the salary-cap space to pull this off. But while New Yorkhas a decent shot at LeBron, the idea that LeBron -- or any other greatplayer -- needs New York or harbors this intense desire to play thereis a joke.

LeBron, an endorsement king, is already the face of the NBA, despitebeing ringless in tiny Cleveland. The Internet and globalization havelargely made where a player plays irrelevant in regard to marketing andpopularity. So to suggest LeBron needs New York is nuts.

The only thing that can make him bigger is a title, not a town.

That was posted 4 pages ago. If you're going to post in this thread at least do some research.

Yeah thanks for that, not only has that whole article been posted, but Broussard's obvious anti-Knick bias and flawed argument was explained in another article.

Prime example of people feeeding into the New York hype. People say Knicks fans are arrogant and self-entitled, yet we have other fans constantly coming in to our thread to chime in and post anti-Knick stuff. If we were such losers and so unimportant, why even bother posting anti-Knick articles... from awful homer writers.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This dude Broussard just won't stop.   He's already ruined his credibility on this subject and we're still six weeks away from the start of free agency.  Gonna be comical to read this dude's stuff for the next few months.

Originally Posted by AgentPD21

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Deng, Hinrich, Gibson, Draft Pick

they want a PF.. rememberrrrrrrr
I could of sworn Taj Gibson was a PF.  rememberrrrrrrr

They not getting Taj Gibson, he will be a Bull.

Well Duh idiot.. I placed Gibson in there because some other people only had Deng & Hinrich. Rememberrrrrrrr

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

[h1]Mayor Bloomberg joins the LeBron James recruitment chorus: You're gonna love New York![/h1]
"If he calls me and says, what's it like to live in New York, I'll give him a big sales pitch for New York. I love living in New York. My kids love living in New York. I think Lebron James would love living in New York," Bloomberg said.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

We need to get all the celebrities to do another We are the world : Lebron to NY Edition

/thread

roll.gif
roll.gif

LOL yo.. someone actually did it...
eek.gif

EMBED-We Are Lebron Video - Watch more free videos

the funny thing is that Chicago wasn't even mentioned as a serious destination until this week

it's like they did it on purpose to stir up more interest
laugh.gif

That's ESPN for u

we shall see what happens

Toronto can have Curry for Bosh.
laugh.gif

Media is going crazy and so are fans. Everyone needs to chill and let things play out. If we get bron, great, but I want the Knicks to be a better team and make the playoffs. We are getting someone thats for sure with all that money. I really hope they fires D'Antoni.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

if we get lebron we will be the most hated team in the L
extreme UNDERSTATEMENT
smh.gif
this. i'm actually not looking forward to the amount of bandwagoners we'll get as well as the amount of hate throughout the L.

and whats with all these random people posting complete BS in here
indifferent.gif
. you dont see any of us in the Chicago thread talking out of our %!$*$. %%*%%

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

if we get lebron we will be the most hated team in the L
extreme UNDERSTATEMENT
smh.gif
this. i'm actually not looking forward to the amount of bandwagoners we'll get as well as the amount of hate throughout the L.

and whats with all these random people posting complete BS in here
indifferent.gif
. you dont see any of us in the Chicago thread talking out of our %!$*$. %%*%%
This is just how its gonna be until july 8th i guess. We just gotta weather the storm and brush off all that other bs from fans on this board that got internet connections after Chris Broussard's vote of confidence

Debunking Broussard’s Flawed Anti-Knick Logic

Authored by Louis Roxin - May 13, 2010 - 8:29 pm

Chris Broussard wrotea piece taking aim at the Knicks, New York City and Madison Square Garden, and this was supposed to have something to do with the LeBron James Sweepstakes this summer. 

Chris, I’ll debunk the flawed premises and logic in your piece. 

First things first. Your apparent desire to put Knicks’ fans in their place has caused you to go off on an irrelevant rant about how LeBron does not need NYC. That’s true. LeBron has done just fine in Cleveland, emerging as the best player in basketball and a marketing success. But you’re answering the wrong question. 

The fact that LeBron does not need NYC is not the issue. The issue is whether he wants NYC and can benefit from being in NYC. And there is more than enough reason to believe that the answer to this key question is a resounding yes. 

Winning a championship in New York would rocket LeBron to heights that he could not achieve anywhere but a major media market and none carries more weight than NYC. It would make a far greater impact on the fortunes of the league and basketball itself if LeBron came to NYC and led the Knicks to one or more championships. 

Do you know who is on record as having agreed with the above statement? You.

I wrote a a story that touched on your appearance on “Outside the Lines

so many bulls haters its funny really
laugh.gif
..theres also another nter on here thats a knicks fan said who ignores dumb comments like i do too... but please anybody thats a bull fan just explain to me how your team right now with lebron is better than the knicks team now with lebron and bosh... i say those two names cuz we can actually sign 2 max players and not 1 like the bulls
roll.gif
.... so many haters in this thread its funny
smh.gif
... we were garbage this whole year because of cap space than all of a sudden free agency is down the block and now all the haters come out because we actually have the potential to sign 2 max players soon really
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom