24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

My thing is I understand where they are coming from but I have two major problems with the arguments.

- There are a million ways to manage your money. Just like there are a million ways to reach your goals. This can be seen by studying to following whatever successful person you want to and see how they reached their goals everyone is different and has different priorities in life .

- People who have the most to say about someones situation usually are not in a great one themselves. I'm willing to bet people who are successful are not spending their time criticizing people on the webs financial decisions. With that being said I would take everything with a grain of salt and if anyone wanted real advice I would seek out a professional

A lot of the richest have amassed wealth in very unscrupulous ways though.

The only issue I take with people is when they're old enough to be on their own but live off mom and dad, spending 1000s on shoes and "luxury" vehicles off non branded lots.

My thing is I understand where they are coming from but I have two major problems with the arguments.

- There are a million ways to manage your money. Just like there are a million ways to reach your goals. This can be seen by studying to following whatever successful person you want to and see how they reached their goals everyone is different and has different priorities in life .

- People who have the most to say about someones situation usually are not in a great one themselves. I'm willing to bet people who are successful are not spending their time criticizing people on the webs financial decisions. With that being said I would take everything with a grain of salt and if anyone wanted real advice I would seek out a professional

A lot of the richest have amassed wealth in very unscrupulous ways though.

The only issue I take with people is when they're old enough to be on their own but live off mom and dad, spending 1000s on shoes and "luxury" vehicles off non branded lots.

Whats old enough to live on your own? Some cultures actually encourage their children to remain at home unless they're married or have to move out for a job, school, etc.

My first trip of the year and I already surpassed the cost of the $350 annual fee for the Citi Prestige card.

I used the $250 airline credit for the co-pay to upgrade to business class on the way back home and I saved $254 with the 4th night free perk.

View media item 1915241

Last edited:
anyone have experience using their discover it card overseas..specifically japan?

i've read it's a 50/50 hit or miss

I used cash most of the time. for bigger purchases I used my mastercard cause I noticed it's more widely accepted.

even at home I've noticed not everyone accepts discover.

Is this not am awesome card or did everyone just overlook it.?!

I would apply for it but I'm currently looking to transfer my Chase Freedom balance since my intro APR is up...

AARP card posted is a Chase CC and you can't do balance transfer from one Chase card to another.

According to CK my current score is 709. Anyone know what my chances are of getting approved for Disco IT card.?
Anyone.?

Whats old enough to live on your own? Some cultures actually encourage their children to remain at home unless they're married or have to move out for a job, school, etc.

If you're not contributing then you're not a man IMO.

Most people build their scores for a better rate, but I doubt it‘ll have any bigger effect than your cash flow and current standing. It‘s essentially a gimmick in the industry, primarily for people thay want and need to borrow.

Not too sure what has and has not been mentioned in here. For those that are living on their own and paying rent, there's a company that links your rent payments to your credit score...nice way to boost credit if you're having trouble getting a CC.

Haven't used the company myself (don't need to), but I met one of the founders - nice guy, and he really believes in his company.

https://rentalkharma.com/

forreal tho i wonder whats the secret to get over the 800 hump...............i been stuck in the 724-760 range for about 2 years now

forreal tho i wonder whats the secret to get over the 800 hump...............i been stuck in the 724-760 range for about 2 years now
The problem is we are in the same pool as the 85 year olds that have had credit lines open half a century. Average age of open accounts is a very large factor in the scoring process

Last edited:
All of em probably got the same mindset as the "no credit is better than good credit" dude from a few pages back. Talmbout as soon as you swipe your card you're in debt

well looks like I'm charge up some yeezy :tongue:

in like.......in a few hours

i got rewards points doe

Last edited:
Anything over 760 is pretty much irrelevant though. That's considered excellent credit. The 800 mark is just a pride thing for most people. I've been bumping up against it for about 4-5 years now and could honestly care less other than surprising the refi people with one of those unicorns with no debt, substantial savings, and a high score.

I just checked my score on my credit card online statement and it said it was 788. I guess paying my credit card in full last month really shot up my score, which was 721 last month. I learned from an early age on how crucial credit is. I'm not ruining my credit for anyone, not even family. I work to hard to get my score the way it is now.

I just checked my score on my credit card online statement and it said it was 788. I guess paying my credit card in full last month really shot up my score, which was 721 last month. I learned from an early age on how crucial credit is. I'm not ruining my credit for anyone, not even family. I work to hard to get my score the way it is now.

My family is always asking me to co-sign for something lol. Just last week my cousin asked me to co-sign for a $5,000 mattress set. I don't even sleep on anything that luxurious. Why in the hell would I help somebody else sleep better than me? People are crazy. I don't co-sign anything but jokes.

Back
Top Bottom