24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Bruh 9%? That actually exists for car loans?

Applied for my first car loan a week a go at SDCCU, instantly approved for $26k @1.49% for 42 months.

"Navy Fed (Wouldn't tell me my rate unless I accepted the loan)"

They allowed to do that?
They were on some funny ish man, I had never seen that before while loan shopping. Of course I didn't accept it, if you won't tell me flat out its obviously not the best rate, let alone a decent rate. They wanted me to accept the loan, pick up the paperwork at a branch and then they would show me my rate.Its weird because when I got a used loan through them a few months later I was preapproved instantly around 4.5%.

They did something similar for my CLOC (checking line of credit). Told me I was approved ,but I didn't know my rate until I signed papers at the branch.

@FreshPairs no problem man, let that credit score work for you when you need it most. Let us know how your loan shopping goes for your refi.

Applied for my first car loan a week a go at SDCCU, instantly approved for $26k @1.49% for 42 months.
Based they can go pretty high man. Saw a picture on twitter of someones car loan at 18.5%
sick.gif

Based they can go pretty high man. Saw a picture on twitter of someones car loan at 18.5% :x

Those people need to suck it up and drive a hoopty or get a bus pass. Sounds like a recipe to fall into a deeper and deeper hole.

Those people need to suck it up and drive a hoopty or get a bus pass. Sounds like a recipe to fall into a deeper and deeper hole.
Mannnn ! I was sick @ 7.99% watching that interest go up daily , couldn't do it at dam near 20%.

Funny thing is the person was flexing their foreign whip
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Based they can go pretty high man. Saw a picture on twitter of someones car loan at 18.5% :x

It's not always that simple. Access to serviceable public transit and the cost of future repairs on a "hoopty" are worth considering.

18.5% is pretty extreme but in hindsight 12% rate in my situation made a lot of sense and was the right decision.

Last edited:

It's not always that simple. Access to serviceable public transit and the cost of future repairs on a "hoopty" are worth considering.

18.5% is pretty extreme but in hindsight 12% rate in my situation made a lot of sense and was the right decision.

Agreed, I know I'm oversimplifying. As long as you do your due diligence and make the smart decision, I aint eem mad. It was directed more to the folks who floss their luxury German autos but have to apply for a new credit card to pay for an oil change.

The hoopties I'm referring to are the 90's Civic, Camry, etc. Can be had for cheap and usually run reliably with minimal repairs/maintenance.

Eh idk about all that. Spending money responsibly is more like it and spend what you can afford. You cant take that money to the grave with you though.

It depends. I'm all for saving as much as you can, but not to the detriment of enjoying your life.

When you're lying on your death bed, you won't be thinking: "Damn, I wish I put that $2000 I spent on vacation into my savings account."

Eh idk about all that. Spending money responsibly is more like it and spend what you can afford. You cant take that money to the grave with you though.

Isn't what you wrote in the same vein as what's on that page? Spending affordably and responsibly?

Isn't what you wrote in the same vein as what's on that page? Spending affordably and responsibly?

That page is talking about spending below your means and that people with increased spending typically arent happy. Thats false in my opinion and I agree with what slighted slighted said

Last edited:
Shout out to the person that randomly did my referral for Discover :pimp:

Has you account been getting credited quickly? Took awhile and finally got the email of approval but no money.

Another member got approved a few days ago and basically got email of approval right away, then randomly got another one right after

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

Before when someone got approved I would get an email of $50 3-7 days later max and have the money in my account a few days after the email

Ended up refinancing my auto loan since someone mentioned i had a 10 day window without hurting my score and i got a 3.8% from the 9.5% :pimp:

It's different for everyone, but I definitely figure in the amount when saving. For example, If I have a choice of spending 2-3k on something or somewhere I would really enjoy I am spending, if we are talking more money I am probably saving....

Long time lurker in this thread but can you guys recommend me the company/site that repairs credit, a few pages back. I can't seem to find it. I need to start taking my credit score serious if I wanna get a house in a few years.

Back
Top Bottom