24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Long time lurker in this thread but can you guys recommend me the company/site that repairs credit, a few pages back. I can't seem to find it. I need to start taking my credit score serious if I wanna get a house in a few years.

Honestly all it takes is a few clicks to dispute em or pay for delete instead of paying a firm but if you wanna pay try Lexington Law

Last edited:
Long time lurker in this thread but can you guys recommend me the company/site that repairs credit, a few pages back. I can't seem to find it. I need to start taking my credit score serious if I wanna get a house in a few years.

Honestly all it takes is a few clicks to dispute em or pay for delete instead of paying a firm but if you wanna pay try Lexington Law

Where do you pay for delete? Trying to help my little sis clean up her credit and she has some stuff on there that we're pretty sure shouldn't be. I was just going to have her dispute them but I guess deleting is another option.

Last edited:
Where do you pay for delete? Trying to help my little sis clean up her credit and she has some stuff on there that we're pretty sure shouldn't be. I was just going to have her dispute them but I guess deleting is another option.

Don't pay if they shouldn't be on there. Dispute them through whichever credit bureau is reporting them. If it's something that is hers then you can negotiate a pay for delete with the creditor that is reporting the debt to the credit bureaus.

Don't pay if they shouldn't be on there. Dispute them through whichever credit bureau is reporting them. If it's something that is hers then you can negotiate a pay for delete with the creditor that is reporting the debt to the credit bureaus.

Good tip. She already sent her disputes so I'll let that run its course. Hopefully, it won't be too much trouble for her.

Has you account been getting credited quickly? Took awhile and finally got the email of approval but no money.

Another member got approved a few days ago and basically got email of approval right away, then randomly got another one right after

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

Before when someone got approved I would get an email of $50 3-7 days later max and have the money in my account a few days after the email

Nah the 3 few times it took awhile for me as well except the first. the first time was a few days then after the other 2 were credited just like yours

Just curious, didn't refer anyone for a long time so I guess they have gotten really slow or something

First things first you have to try to get the negatives off your report. Not sure if you can get the repo removed but those medical bills you can get pay for deletes and knock them out. are the student loans just late payments? You can ask for a goodwill deletion if you've been making on time payments consistently for some months and you have a good reason why you were late

First things first you have to try to get the negatives off your report. Not sure if you can get the repo removed but those medical bills you can get pay for deletes and knock them out. are the student loans just late payments? You can ask for a goodwill deletion if you've been making on time payments consistently for some months and you have a good reason why you were late
ill juat pay up om the student loan and ill pay the medical bills. Ill try and knoxk the repo off but thats gonna take. While after that ill think about getring a secured card to build credit

If you talk to the billing dept at the hospital, you might be able to negotiate down your cost by thousands of dollars. Google it.

I'm starting to really like this AMEX PRG card. AMEX now give 2x points on hotels booked through American Express Travel .

$75 credit for hotel, spa, food, etc if booking for 2 consecutive nights, and free room upgrade if available at check in.

The card also came in the clutch when I copped my Summer 16 tour tickets. I got the AMEX preferred seating pre sale.

WIsh the PRG card had the TSA pre check perk.

Last edited:
Did someone say Discover allows you to request a credit limit increase online every 30 days WITHOUT a soft credit pull?

I received one for $2k on April 13th, so I'm thinking about requesting another one this month in the next few weeks. I would like to do the $5k max, if possible. I'm currently at $16,300.

Why wouldn't you want a soft pull? I believe it is every 30 days not exactly sure though.

If you do the request and they give you the 3-5 day message just call them and tell them you want to cancel the CLI request.

Why wouldn't you want a soft pull? I believe it is every 30 days not exactly sure though.
If you do the request and they give you the 3-5 day message just call them and tell them you want to cancel the CLI request.

I plan to wait til after I close on my house, but I just didn't want another inquiry popping up. I've already had 2 pulls through the lending company and just thought another credit pull would drop my score a bit. Usually, I can see if they will do a soft pull prior to me submitting my request. Sometimes they let me increase it without asking about pulling my credit.

I plan to wait til after I close on my house, but I just didn't want another inquiry popping up. I've already had 2 pulls through the lending company and just thought another credit pull would drop my score a bit. Usually, I can see if they will do a soft pull prior to me submitting my request. Sometimes they let me increase it without asking about pulling my credit.
Soft pulls don't show up on your credit. Soft pull is exactly what you want when requesting CLI. Hard pulls show up as an inq.

SInce you are in the mortgage process just wait until after you close on your home. The CLI can wait.

I think you worded your question wrong or are confusing a soft pull with a hard pull. Discover will do soft pulls for all CLI requests unless they tell you they need a hard pull (in that case they will contact you to get your approval before they do a hard pull). A soft pull won't show up on your credit report for others to see or impact your score.

Is it ok to keep an old card open but inactive? Im focusing on using 2 new ones i have and having that other one just chill.

Back
Top Bottom