24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Does anyone know if the below companies use soft pulls?

BOA
CITI
Chase

Chase is a hard pull no matter what. Only way to increase a limit with chase without a hard pull is to transfer some or all of your limit from another chase card to the one you want to increase. Not sure about the others, would like to know about citi

Does anyone know if the below companies use soft pulls?

BOA
CITI
Chase
BoA - Hard Pull
CITI - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-Soft-Pull-CLI-s/td-p/2840781

Chase - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Soft-Pull-CLI/td-p/4400475

Read the threads to determine.

@Jordman23 what does your credit report say for the derogatory?

I don't see anything on the internet about chase reporting disputes.

They might have messed something up.

Last edited:
Thanks guys

I think ill leave chase since its currently my highest anyway but im going to read up on the others now.

Chase sends out mailers every now and then for instant CLIs.

I did not purchase the extended warranty. The shop gave me a 30 day back guarantee, but the sidewall popped after 2 months. Yea I called them first, and they said they couldn't do anything. that's why I called Chase to dispute the transaction. Clearly the tires were defective after it burst of only 2 months and not even 2,000 miles driven,

Whats the warranty from the manufacturer? They'll typically have a limited warranty for defects up to a few years. I say this assuming you still have the tire and need it replaced. As far as the defect case, not sure what to say about it. If its the sidewall that pop, that could come from damage while driving, over inflating the tires, brushing up against the curb, etc. The merchant can easily argue that as user wear and win. Especially if they haven't seen the tire.

Bruh the last two guys I referred for discover got instantly approved for 6k and 6.5k one basically had no credit and the other thought he might get 1k if that.

My *** is at 2k for 3 years now :smh:

Just did CLI requests on my discover IT and amex blue everyday card. Got instant approved on discover from $2050 to $4050 and amex from $6000 to $12000 :smokin

meanwhile **** chase still sitting with a $500 CL and that's my longest tenured card, coming up on 2 years :lol:

Last edited:
Bruh the last two guys I referred for discover got instantly approved for 6k and 6.5k one basically had no credit and the other thought he might get 1k if that.

Damn with no credit? I have a 792 and got approved for 1k with discover :smh:

My *** is at 2k for 3 years now
mean.gif
Have you not requested a CLI?

**** even when you referred me I got $7k and I have had two CLI increases since to $11k now. Idk how they arent upping your limit and its been 3 years. WOW. How you feel with Discover is How I do with Chase :smh:

Have you not requested a CLI?

I have and they gave me $500. Nothint since then. I think I got approved for 1k. Then after a year randomly bumped another $500 then requested another and got $500 to the total of 2k

They haven't given me one since and that was over a year ago. My credit is good and no negs or missed payments so it's very odd

So click the CLI request button lol I don't see the issue. Discover allows soft CLI's all the time.

You want it raised request one every 60 days (or maybe 30 days whatever it is).

We really missed out when DIscover was letting people get CLI's every 18 days lol that was clutch.

I caught it near the end, almost doubled my limit in a little over a month 5.5K to 10.5K (currently 12.5K) .

Last edited:
Has anyone had success with getting a credit increase with a Chase card without a hard pull?

So click the CLI request button lol I don't see the issue. Discover allows soft CLI's all the time.
You want it raised request one every 60 days (or maybe 30 days whatever it is).

We really missed out when DIscover was letting people get CLI's every 18 days lol that was clutch.
I caught it near the end, almost doubled my limit in a little over a month 5.5K to 10.5K (currently 12.5K) .

I have they won't give me one and I'm not sure why :lol: at first I didn't care now all of a sudden dudes are getting huge limits with barely any credit so it's not making sense

I have they won't give me one and I'm not sure why
laugh.gif
at first I didn't care now all of a sudden dudes are getting huge limits with barely any credit so it's not making sense
You said you requested one a year ago.

I have said it once, and I will say again, Chase has the worst customer service, AND the worst online/app experience of all of my cards. It is dated, and not at all natural to use, will not be closing my account, but once my interest free period is up I will not be using the card.

Thinking that later this year, it might be time to finally get an Amex CC. I have Visa/Master/Discover and will get this one and just ride off in the sunset. I know I said this about the Discover being the last one Beezy before you get on me about it 
laugh.gif

Thinking that later this year, it might be time to finally get an Amex CC. I have Visa/Master/Discover and will get this one and just ride off in the sunset. I know I said this about the Discover being the last one Beezy before you get on me about it 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Which card are you going after man? I like AMEX, can't complain I will eventually get a CC from them just to pad my total credit lol.

Last edited:
just got a preapproval letter in the mail for the citi double cash back. so far I have discover it, chase freedom, and amex blue everyday. Are there any major benefits to having the citi double cash? I know some ticket sites offer citi card holders early access to buy tix like amex does, but other than that, any huge benefits to having that card? I'm currently a college student with a 740ish FICO score according to my amex report. I always pay in full every month. Only had my first card for about 2 years so far. So far I'm leaning towards not needing it.

I just got approved for the amex blue everyday card for 1k. It's not much but I'm still slowly building my credit up.

I was going to go for discover but last time I tried I got denied. I'll try them again either August or September

Back
Top Bottom