24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Can you request a CLI with Chase online?  Can't find it anywhere...
​No. Just call the # on the back of the card and tell them you want a increase. Real person (not a robot)  answers and it takes <5 mins

Last edited:
I have a Capital One with a $5300 limit now. SHould I get another? I had gotten my score back into the low 700s but it plateaued there after i got that TMobile bs off. Now they hit me with another collection from a different agency still on their behalf Im'ma dispute but other than that no collections, just a mortgage and car payment, had 2 late payment in like 2011. Seems like my score should be higher. Or would I be better off to just try a pay for delete, its only $153 this time the one tmobile put in, not 1600 like last time

Wait what?
I'm sitting at 577 after a full year of starting my credit repair and I got approved for the discover it secured, AND the cap1 with only 50 deposit.
Not bragging or no shade just wordering what baddies you have on your report to not get approved with that score.
Again def no shade as I started at high 400 so I know the struggle.

I have 3 collections (~200 each) that I'm getting rid of next month which is why my score is low.

I have a Sprint account from when I was 18 and dumb that's in collections ($900)

And a ambulance charge ($600)

View media item 2337710View media item 2337711
Experian wasn't showing my score for whatever reason so I pulled it through mint.

I have 2 cards and my score varies from 790-805 a month whether I use the cards or not. I'm not obsessing over it anymore though. It is what it is.

credit is stagant right now..

Paid off a collection that still hasnt been removed (paid like two weeks ago)
Have a unsecure loan I made with a credit union

Besides a secure cc what are other ways to boost my credit score?

Did you have an agreement for it to be removed? Simply Paying off debt doesn't remove it from your credit report.

Wait what?
I'm sitting at 577 after a full year of starting my credit repair and I got approved for the discover it secured, AND the cap1 with only 50 deposit.
Not bragging or no shade just wordering what baddies you have on your report to not get approved with that score.
Again def no shade as I started at high 400 so I know the struggle.

I have 3 collections (~200 each) that I'm getting rid of next month which is why my score is low.

I have a Sprint account from when I was 18 and dumb that's in collections ($900)

And a ambulance charge ($600)

View media item 2337710View media item 2337711
Experian wasn't showing my score for whatever reason so I pulled it through mint.

If it's around the 7 years just wait it out and let that **** fall off.

credit is stagant right now..

Paid off a collection that still hasnt been removed (paid like two weeks ago)
Have a unsecure loan I made with a credit union

Besides a secure cc what are other ways to boost my credit score?

Time/Average Age of Account

Last edited:
Also, just read about something newish off of reddit.

Apparently if the original company that you had a debt with charged it off to a collection agency, then they claimed that in their business taxes for that year. Meaning they have no rights/or contract anymore.

So if you dispute that collection from each site (experience etc) and have the reason being no contract, it will be deleted.

Some have confirmed it worked. Still waiting for more people to confirm before I try.

just got 116,000 Southwest Points and a Southwest Companion Pass for $8 in fees :smokin

just to give you an idea of what that's worth... SW is having a sale currently. Roundtrip from Norcal to Socal costs ~$140 or 7k - 8k points roundtrip. That's about 15 roundtrips. Plus with the Companion Pass, my girlfriend gets to fly with me for free :wow: The companion pass is valid until the end of 2018 8)

$140 x 15 round trips = $2100 + GF gets to fly for free with me any time.

Last edited:
just got 116,000 Southwest Points and a Southwest Companion Pass for $8 in fees :smokin

just to give you an idea of what that's worth... SW is having a sale currently. Roundtrip from Norcal to Socal costs ~$140 or 7k - 8k points roundtrip. That's about 15 roundtrips. Plus with the Companion Pass, my girlfriend gets to fly with me for free :wow: The companion pass is valid until the end of 2018 8)

Details on where I can I obtain this deal??

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sou...-rapid-reward-points-offers-no-referrals.html

I got the Chase Southwest Business Premier (60K SW points sign-up bonus) and the Chase Southwest Plus (50K SW Points signup bonus). I forgot there was $168 in annual fees for both cards. oops lol. There is also a non-business premier card that gives only $50k points. You need 110K points to get a companion pass.

To meet the minimum spends on both cards, I bought 2 $3000 prepaid American Express gift cards (one with each credit card). Then I had a friend add the prepaid Amex GC to her Venmo account and Venmo me (there were no fees). I withdrew the money from my Venmo to my checking account. Then I used that money to pay off the credit card bill. Did this all in less than a month and got the SW points when my statement closed.

There's more details you would need to know. PM if you're interested.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sou...-rapid-reward-points-offers-no-referrals.html

I got the Chase Southwest Business Premier (60K SW points sign-up bonus) and the Chase Southwest Plus (50K SW Points signup bonus). I forgot there was $168 in annual fees for both cards. oops lol. There is also a non-business premier card that gives only $50k points. You need 110K points to get a companion pass.

To meet the minimum spends on both cards, I bought 2 $3000 prepaid American Express gift cards (one with each credit card). Then I had a friend add the prepaid Amex GC to her Venmo account and Venmo me (there were no fees). I withdrew the money from my Venmo to my checking account. Then I used that money to pay off the credit card bill. Did this all in less than a month and got the SW points when my statement closed.

^^PM'ed and repped

Pm'd and repped as well. Appreciations in advance.

:x

Back
Top Bottom