24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

^^ I thought about doing that too with my discover card :nerd:

My collections debt with Sprint will fall off after 7 years ?

Yes. Any collections debt falls off after 7 years

So I can buy a bunch of gold coins and not pay, ruin my credit, then wait 7 years? :nerd: :nerd: :lol: :nerd:

Got my IT card in June but I just started using it as my main card in January. I have $283 in cashback and my goal was to get to $500. I spent like 3x more than I normally do this month and got like $53 :stoneface: doubt I'm gonna get to $500 by July :lol:

Last edited:
Got my IT card in June but I just started using it as my main card in January. I have $283 in cashback and my goal was to get to $500. I spent like 3x more than I normally do this month and got like $53 :stoneface: doubt I'm gonna get to $500 by July :lol:

I don't understand. Why are you hustling backwards like this?

I hope he's paying off his balance in full every month but judging by his comment prior to that, probably not :lol:

Last edited:
^^ I thought about doing that too with my discover card :nerd:

My collections debt with Sprint will fall off after 7 years ?

Yes. Any collections debt falls off after 7 years

So I can buy a bunch of gold coins and not pay, ruin my credit, then wait 7 years? :nerd: :nerd: :lol: :nerd:

Yes you could.

Not worth doing for a couple thousands, but for 100k+.... maybe.

When i worked in banking, i heard a bunch of stories of dudes maxing out all their credit cards / line of credit and leaving the country to go back home or to start a new life somewhere else.

Dude's would leave with an extra 100k-150k and buy a house once they get to their new country (where housing is usually cheaper than north america).

Can't knock the hustle if it's well done. But you are setting yourself up for 7+ years.

Building your credit in your 30s or 40s is much harder than in your 20s.

I don't understand. Why are you hustling backwards like this?

What do u mean? I'm not spending just so I can get cash back if that's what ur talking about, just happened to spend a lot this month

If you're talking about why I didn't make it my main card sooner, then idk. Just kept putting it off :lol:

I hope he's paying off his balance in full every month but judging by his comment prior to that, probably not :lol:

Just paid it the day before yesterday

Last edited:
Just wanna thank everyone in this thread couple months back had no knowledge on CCs etc and now I have people asking me questions and I'm answering them confidently... gotta love learning. 

You can upload amex gift cards to venmo without a fee???

That's what I'm wondering

yes. limited to 6 cards every rolling 6 months

$2999.99 weekly sending limit

Well I never really used venmo

Is there a risk of them freezing the money or accounts? Venmo wise..

I mean I barely travel but **** if I sign up for one of those cards and can take advantage like that, I'll be traveling for sure this year :lol:

man i just got my decision letter for the chase sapphire reserve and they denied me! (1st ever CC rejection)

mind you i have an amex platinum, a 785 credit score and no delinquencies ever

:smh:

man i just got my decision letter for the chase sapphire reserve and they denied me! (1st ever CC rejection)

mind you i have an amex platinum, a 785 credit score and no delinquencies ever

mean.gif
Did the decision letter say why you were rejected? What are your credit limits on your other cards? I believe the CSR is 10k CL minimum because its a visa infinite, having lower limits on other cards could possibly hinder other lenders to grant you a higher limit. 

Did the decision letter say why you were rejected? What are your credit limits on your other cards? I believe the CSR is 10k CL minimum because its a visa infinite, having lower limits on other cards could possibly hinder other lenders to grant you a higher limit. 

Their reason was "Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank"

I have a chase sapphire preferred with a 14K limit, amex platinum has no limit and a Citi card with 8K limit

Last edited:
Their reason was "Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank"

I have a chase sapphire preferred with a 14K limit, amex platinum has no limit and a Citi card with 8K limit
if you say you have no delinquencies but Chase says you do or with their bank, then you should definitely call them or check all your credit reports for accuracy or fraud. 

Already hit the spending limit for my CSR... now have 107,000 points (equal to $1,070 cash, or $1500+ if using Chase Portal). 

Time to sign the wife up, before the promotion is over (March 12th, in branch). 

Already hit the spending limit for my CSR... now have 107,000 points (equal to $1,070 cash, or $1500+ if using Chase Portal). 

Time to sign the wife up, before the promotion is over (March 12th, in branch). 
:wow:

Best CC signup offer ever.

I signed up for both the CSR and CSP (100k + 50k sign up bonuses). Those plus the Chase Freedom 5x points has put me over 200k. Once I'm done using up my Citi Thankyou points, I'm gonna start redeeming trips with the Chase UR points.

Hit me up if anyone wants a CSP referral :wink:

Someone put me on... what is everyone talking about with this points promotion etc. 

Finally got in touch with ERC about this new alleged old TMobile debt. They refused to do a pay for delete so I told them dispute it. It shows they're disputing it in my credit report, but should I do so through Experian too? Its only $150 so I would just pay it if they'd delete tho

Back
Top Bottom