24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Apple card is hear is really easy approval. You can also add him as a designated user to one of your cards to give him some of your credit history if you really want to hook it up.
Did this already. Trying to go the extra mile with it.

I would use the card as my primary over my own. My scores already in the 800s with little movement this year. The only thing I don't have is average age

Damn I just checked my Amex account which I haven’t used in like 6 months. I have a $3.75 charge from a month ago that I def didn’t do and now the payment is late. Amex said to contact Apple since it was on Apple Pay 🤔. Didn’t make sense to me but I gotta see what they say

what can I do to remove the late payment from my record :nerd:

Damn I just checked my Amex account which I haven’t used in like 6 months. I have a $3.75 charge from a month ago that I def didn’t do and now the payment is late. Amex said to contact Apple since it was on Apple Pay 🤔. Didn’t make sense to me but I gotta see what they say

what can I do to remove the late payment from my record :nerd:

Figure out what's up with the charge first.

I'm assuming the charge is legit, like you just forgot your Amex was the method of payment on an app store purchase or on a recurring payment or something.

If that's the case, just send Apple a text at +1 (800) 692-7753. Tell them it was a mistake on your part. Most likely they will reverse the charge, especially if it was only a month ago, they're really not trippin about that sort of thing.

Eating a reported late payment over $3.75 would be a travesty just on principal.

Did this already. Trying to go the extra mile with it.

I would use the card as my primary over my own. My scores already in the 800s with little movement this year. The only thing I don't have is average age

Get a credit card for him. Take the card, put some cheap subscription on there (Netflix), put it on auto pay from your checking, forget about it.

The last post was 12 days ago?
Idk just haven't seen it pop up in my feed

Question,

About to pay off a CC. A buddy told me to call and settle the amount to get a discount basically. I dont wanna do that and it **** with my score in anyway. What do you guys suggest?

Question,

About to pay off a CC. A buddy told me to call and settle the amount to get a discount basically. I dont wanna do that and it **** with my score in anyway. What do you guys suggest?

Is this an account in collections or you're just paying off a current CC?

Question,

Pay off the CC in full

Anyone have Amex gold?

I'm thinking about getting one, but the rewards don't really justify the $250 AF. It seems like that card is only worth getting if you spend thousands of dollars every month to get the travel credits to justify the AF. The only other reason why I would want it because charge cards don't show a balance on your credit report, that means I can spend whatever I want on it without it affecting my overall utilization. Then again, I'm not really too fond of point reward cards, I like redeemable cashback in the form of a statement credit or direct deposit.

If I don't get that one I may get a Blue Cash Preferred card. I spend enough on my regular Blue Cash to get enough reward dollars to nullify the AF on the Preferred, and there is no other CC out there that gives you 6% back on grocery purchases.

yeah 6% groceries up to $6k/per year, 6% on streaming services, 3% on gas, rideshare, and public transportation, and 1% on everything else.

reggie blue cash is only 3% on groceries up to $6k/per year, 2% on gas and select department stores, and 1% everything else.

Anyone have Amex gold?

I'm thinking about getting one, but the rewards don't really justify the $250 AF. It seems like that card is only worth getting if you spend thousands of dollars every month to get the travel credits to justify the AF.

I have the Amex Gold and love it, get lots of compliments when I use it.

The annual fee is basically only $30 if you use the $10/month GrubHub credit and $100 travel credit for the year.

Unlimited 4X on dining and groceries is a no brainer, it is my daily card.

Let me know if you need a referral.

Got a 5200 credit balance on my Capital 1
& a 2000 credit balance on my Amazon

Been @ my seasonal job for 2 months (confident they'll keep me) making $600 a week.

Got 5500 saved to cop a better whip but contemplating just holding and clearing my credit and just start saving again next month.

Any suggestions

Personally I couldn't imagine upgrading whips when I already got a working vehicle and more than a few racks of consumer credit card debt.

That decision just doesn't make sense, unless you've already decided a life of indebtedness is the one for you. That might sound over the top but realistically, adults who get in the habit of making those kind of bad financial decisions rarely change course in life.

I have the Amex Gold and love it, get lots of compliments when I use it.

The annual fee is basically only $30 if you use the $10/month GrubHub credit and $100 travel credit for the year.

Unlimited 4X on dining and groceries is a no brainer, it is my daily card.

Let me know if you need a referral.
i got the rose gold amex
:smh:
its kinda girly
but i dont wanna change it back to the regular gold
cause its unique :lol:
lemme know if anyone wants the rose gold amex referral
i think u can only get a rose gold one
by a person who has one

Personally I couldn't imagine upgrading whips when I already got a working vehicle and more than a few racks of consumer credit card debt.

That decision just doesn't make sense, unless you've already decided a life of indebtedness is the one for you. That might sound over the top but realistically, adults who get in the habit of making those kind of bad financial decisions rarely change course in life.
what doesn't work for u
doesn't always work for someone else
i think that's a very general broad statement to make
not saying that ur wrong
but just think thats not always the case

I hear you.
I only expected to put 4 down and throw the rest and a good chunk of what I got for my old car at it but yeah.

I was totally fine with indebtedness cuz my credit score was going up (I reached a 700 while owing around 5k with about 600 available credit). But one day it just clicked on me that I'm basically paying a car note for $$ I owe.

Been @ my seasonal job for 2 months (confident they'll keep me) making $600 a week.

Got 5500 saved to cop a better whip but contemplating just holding and clearing my credit and just start saving again next month.

Any suggestions
ur at a seasonal job
ur confident
but it aint official they gonna keep u yet
i say wait till u get ur benefits
and pass probation first
and personally
save ur money until then
then pay off ur amazon in 1 swoop
and at LEAST half ur capital 1

I hear you.
I only expected to put 4 down and throw the rest and a good chunk of what I got for my old car at it but yeah.

I was totally fine with indebtedness cuz my credit score was going up (I reached a 700 while owing around 5k with about 600 available credit). But one day it just clicked on me that I'm basically paying a car note for $$ I owe.
honestly its all about what u plan to do for u and ur fam
and what u want out of life
i know folks with trash credit but got MONEY
and folks with 700+ scores who broke as hell
it all depends on what u tryna do in life
get a house
a car
a business
maaaaaaan look i got my house
cars
i honestly dont give 2 ****s about my credit now
BUT
i still handle my business because of my kids
i put my son on as an authorized user
gonna do the same to my daughter next year
i plan to have them have GREAT credit and credit history
by the time they turn 18
because i have a plan for them
and i owning property and land is a part of that plan
and i want them to already be ahead of the game
credit wise
in order to do that
so I've slowly been teaching them the game
i want them to self sufficient
and i dont want them to have to answer to anyone
when they get older
they gonna be they own boss

Any suggestions
If your car is reliable and not giving you problems, hold on to it. Save your money.

Had a paid off Toyota. Reliable as hell. Saved alot of money over the years. Went and bought a nicer new car last year. Sure it's nice and all but it really hasn't improved my quality of life.

If your car is reliable and not giving you problems, hold on to it. Save your money.

Had a paid off Toyota. Reliable as hell. Saved alot of money over the years. Went and bought a nicer new car last year. Sure it's nice and all but it really hasn't improved my quality of life.

Agreed. Unless you really NEED a new car, drive whatever you have until the wheels fall off. Just keep paying down your debt / saving / investing, and don't worry about the new car right now.

Back
Top Bottom