24hr Fitness Starting To Use Fingerprint Scan In?!?!?

Originally Posted by digital022

Some of you guys are too paranoid. I do it, no biggie. It's actually really convenient. I've seen people who forgot their i.d. get turned away, its one less thing to have to worry about.

yup. that's actually one of the biggest compaints from the front desk staff. it makes the front desk job easier/less relevant without having to check your birthdate/phone number . plus the nighttime shift can just sleep without being bothered.
laugh.gif

but if you have privacy issues then just don't do it...

Some of you guys are too paranoid. I do it, no biggie. It's actually really convenient. I've seen people who forgot their i.d. get turned away, its one less thing to have to worry about.

yup. that's actually one of the biggest compaints from the front desk staff. it makes the front desk job easier/less relevant without having to check your birthdate/phone number . plus the nighttime shift can just sleep without being bothered.
laugh.gif

I don't see what the big deal is.

Takes no more than 5 seconds to punch in the number quickly and scan, done deal.

I don't see what the big deal is.

Takes no more than 5 seconds to punch in the number quickly and scan, done deal.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

laugh.gif

This. Its one less thing in the key ring.

But seriously I don't know why people are paranoid. Disney/Universal does this with their park tickets. It helps them prevent fraud. A majority of front desk people can care less if that your tag or not, they don't get paid that much to investigate.

I see them doing this because:
-reduces sharing
-going green, saving on cost of those plastic tags
-safety, working at the gym there was nothing worse than calling a emergency number and telling someone their husband was in the hospital because he didn't have a spotter. But it wasn't his husband, it was his neighbor.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

laugh.gif

This. Its one less thing in the key ring.

But seriously I don't know why people are paranoid. Disney/Universal does this with their park tickets. It helps them prevent fraud. A majority of front desk people can care less if that your tag or not, they don't get paid that much to investigate.

I see them doing this because:
-reduces sharing
-going green, saving on cost of those plastic tags
-safety, working at the gym there was nothing worse than calling a emergency number and telling someone their husband was in the hospital because he didn't have a spotter. But it wasn't his husband, it was his neighbor.

They were testing out the system in San Diego more than a year ago. I had no problem with it.

They were testing out the system in San Diego more than a year ago. I had no problem with it.

-_-
not that serious...

i've had my membership since last year and i've been doing the fingerprint scan ever since.

-_-
not that serious...

i've had my membership since last year and i've been doing the fingerprint scan ever since.

The problem is, in fine print somewhere, or a security break, leaks out all these finger prints to a national database. So now you dont even need to have a prior conviction to get "caught"

Back
Top Bottom