24hr Fitness Starting To Use Fingerprint Scan In?!?!?

Thats My Word

formerly derrty6232
++#$ outta here...  They trying to MAKE people scan in with a fingerprint now.  I went yesterday and the 24hr girl at the counter asked me if I wanted to start using the fingerprint system, I said "no" and had to speak to the manager.  The manager told me "all members HAVE to use the fingerprint scan now", I said "hell no, look at your website, it says I don't have to", and he just backed off. 
laugh.gif

Their reason for implementing this fingerprint system is that it checks people in faster.  How much faster is it to scan your fingerprint AND type in a 10 digit code than to just have the person at the counter just scan your card??!?! 

24hr trying to be skynet... Weak...

++#$ outta here...  They trying to MAKE people scan in with a fingerprint now.  I went yesterday and the 24hr girl at the counter asked me if I wanted to start using the fingerprint system, I said "no" and had to speak to the manager.  The manager told me "all members HAVE to use the fingerprint scan now", I said "hell no, look at your website, it says I don't have to", and he just backed off. 
laugh.gif

Their reason for implementing this fingerprint system is that it checks people in faster.  How much faster is it to scan your fingerprint AND type in a 10 digit code than to just have the person at the counter just scan your card??!?! 

HA!!!! i seen this the last 2 weeks, but they never said we have to use the scanner though.

HA!!!! i seen this the last 2 weeks, but they never said we have to use the scanner though.

I mean, I don't plan on changing my fingerprints anytime soon so I think this would be ok for me. No $10 replacement fee for fingers.

I mean, I don't plan on changing my fingerprints anytime soon so I think this would be ok for me. No $10 replacement fee for fingers.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

laugh.gif

What's sad is the general population will adhere to the new policy without even blinking an eye.

laugh.gif

What's sad is the general population will adhere to the new policy without even blinking an eye.

they have this at our school gym

i really didn't want to do but they pretty much said i had to...

the girl told me it wasn't really a fingerprint but something else i can't remember...

the girl told me it wasn't really a fingerprint but something else i can't remember...

i use ballys, our cards have barcodes that we scan at a turnstile to get in. 24 is just overly paranoid about people sharing their cards. im not tinfoil hat crew like a lot of dudes on here but i would not use my fingerprint either.

i use ballys, our cards have barcodes that we scan at a turnstile to get in. 24 is just overly paranoid about people sharing their cards. im not tinfoil hat crew like a lot of dudes on here but i would not use my fingerprint either.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

laugh.gif

Just another way for big brother to keep tabs on where you were and what time you was there. Just like you said ppl wont think twice and just do this not thinking about the meaning behind it. For example the microchips, there are ppl who are voluntarily getting the chips inserted in them
smh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

laugh.gif

Just another way for big brother to keep tabs on where you were and what time you was there. Just like you said ppl wont think twice and just do this not thinking about the meaning behind it. For example the microchips, there are ppl who are voluntarily getting the chips inserted in them
smh.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I have something like that at my job, it's like a 3 point system they track on your finger but not a full fingerprint scan. confusing

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I have something like that at my job, it's like a 3 point system they track on your finger but not a full fingerprint scan. confusing

Actually heard about this yesterday while talking to the front desk rep. She said 24 will be using cardless check-in, I thought she was joking untill this thread.

Back
Top Bottom