Originally Posted by CLsmooth71

bah, what a horrible ending to an otherwise decent game. yes, KB was his usual self, but we stil shoulda had this one.
frown.gif

not much more needs to be said about Lamar. i mean, it ain't all his fault that we lost, but dude really does need to go. his decision making and inconsistent play during crunch time is really frustrating and not acceptable for a guy w/his experience+skills.
[table][tr][td]Name[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td]FG[/td] [td]3Pt[/td] [td]FT[/td] [td][/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Reb[/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]BS[/td] [td]BA[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]Pts [/td] [/tr][tr][td] K. Bryant[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]36:39[/td] [td]6-23[/td] [td]0-6[/td] [td]9-11[/td] [td]+1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1
[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]21[/td] [/tr][/table]
Kobe shot 6-23... that's his usual self?

Odom had 18, 14, and 5 tonight. You can't say he didn't attempt to prove himself tonight. He played great.

If ANYONE on the Lakers should be blamed tonight, it's KOBE. All those HORRIBLE shots he took down the stretch...

With all that excitement trying to grab the ball with the clock ticking down, I'm sure ALL of you would have thought to call a timeout.
eyes.gif

The hate for Odom is unwarranted after tonight's game.
mad.gif

But Kobe can get away with a horrible game because they are RARE. Lamar+@%%#% up almost every game so that's why everybody is on him. I still remember thatSacramento game in 2006 when he lost us the game. He always does something good then+@%%#% up after that.

Damn this ruined my weekend
smh.gif

LamarOwnsem wrote:
Odom had 18, 14, and 5 tonight.

mad.gif

Let me fix that real quick.

The hate for Odom is unwarranted after for tonight's game.

There we go.
wink.gif

Wow, this game really pissed me off. I love the Lakers and Kobe is my favorite player, but he is really stupid. I have no idea why he was taking so many dumb,contested jumpers instead of just getting a high percentage shot or passing out. He, along with the refs and Phil Jackson, lost us the game.

Good game Warriors & fans!

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

With that said the warriors got lucky kobe had that injury and that odom is a brainless piece of @#@*

Lakers got lucky BD was in foul trouble so damn early
eyes.gif

lucky? Lakers lost
indifferent.gif

yes LUCKY, did i stutter on a message board? Lakers couldnt even get a big lead while BD wasnt in the game, theyre lucky it stayed close
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is 0n NT

With that said the warriors got lucky kobe had that injury and that odom is a brainless piece of @#@*

eyes.gif

lucky? Lakers lost
indifferent.gif

He's referring why the game was close...

Thank you, I knew it wasnt that difficult to understand

please Lamar GRAB the ball with two hands....your hands are bigger than Kwames, yet you will have butterfingers if you use ONE HAND. The dumb fundamental akaLamar Odom.

but Holdenmichael is right - kobe's pride cost them this game too....please sit down if you are going to jump shot clank it and then let the warriors geton the break..

But Kobe can get away with a horrible game because they are RARE.

He can't get away with it by me. I was pissed off when he was taking those shots while Bynum was wide open.

And if Horford was suspended the Barnes definitely should be too. Barnes's foul was definitely intentional on Ronny. I'm surprised they didn'treview the play, which they did when Horford fouled Ford.

eyes.gif

lucky? Lakers lost
indifferent.gif

yes LUCKY, did i stutter on a message board? Lakers couldnt even get a big lead while BD wasnt in the game, theyre lucky it stayed close
indifferent.gif

Yall are the lucky ones. Lucky we had a poor shooting night, lucky we didn't blow you guys out.

Hell a ****** could get 14 rebs against the Warriors, it's not all about stats Ownsem, it's about making the right decisions at critical points in thegame. Odumb had his opportunity tonight with Kobe hurt down the stretch to show that he was capable of taking over, even Kobe went to him with 3+ minutes leftand told him he was going to have to take over down the stretch, because Kobe wasn't anywhere near mobile to do his usual thing and except for AlHarrington's idiotic foul, he failed that test miserably. Kobe with no mobility forced bad shots in crunch time when it became apparent that Odumb wasincapable of thinking and playing well at the same time. Whatever though I'm going to bed, hopefully Kobe isn't seriously injured because that would bethe absolute worst thing to happen to the Lakeshow right before they go on this East coast road trip.

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

eyes.gif

lucky? Lakers lost
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Lakers are the lucky ones. Lucky the warriors had a poor shooting night, lucky the warriors didn't blow you guys out.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

indifferent.gif

Just like sunday's game huh?
icon_thumbs_down.gif

Sundays game had nothing to do with tonight, huh
icon_thumbs_down.gif

eyes.gif

lucky? Lakers lost
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
Lucky? No. Lucky is when Parker and Duncan are not playing for the Spurs yesterday. Warriors made a lot of mistakes but the Lakers missed a lot offreethrows down the stretch in the game. Fisher, Kobe and Odom all missed freethrows at crucial moments when they could had increase their lead.

eyes.gif

lucky? Lakers lost
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

is that why the Lakers were being dominated when Baron was in the game in the first half? The game was close at the end and its obvious Kobe was the mainreason why the Lakers lost.

Now I have been one of the Odom haters this year, but we don't have to trade him.
When we get Kwame back and if Kobe is healthy we are a top 10 team. Odom is very inconsistent,
but he provides alot of match up problems for other teams. What we need to do is feed the ball to
Bynum some more, he has been beastin the last several games, but he seems to get lost for
several minutes when nobody passes him the ball. Kobe lost us this game though.
Phil should have taken him out much earlier, BD was roasting Kobe 1 on 1.
I hope Kobe is OK though
We NEED to learn how to make crucial free throws at the end of games

Phil Jackson and Don Nelson became the latest reluctant NBA coaches to wear microphones on the sideline for the television broadcast. While Jackson had done itbefore, Nelson didn't relish his first time under the mike. "It's going to be hard to be yourself, for sure," Nelson said before the game."You end up being an artificial person ... (but) my superiors demanded that I do it, so we'll do the best we can. Since four-letter words are aboutall I know, it's really cutting into my vocabulary." ... The Warriors claimed the Oracle Arena crowd of 20,705 was the largest ever to watch abasketball game in California, surpassing a Warriors playoff crowd last spring. ... Davis, Jackson and Harrington all picked up technical fouls.
roll.gif
roll.gif

But aren't you Laker fans used to Kobe taking all those awkward shots? I'd say 75% of the time he makes it anyway whenever I watch the Lakers on TV.Haha.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Odom had 18, 14, and 5 tonight. You can't say he didn't attempt to prove himself tonight. He played great.

If ANYONE on the Lakers should be blamed tonight, it's KOBE. All those HORRIBLE shots he took down the stretch...

With all that excitement trying to grab the ball with the clock ticking down, I'm sure ALL of you would have thought to call a timeout.
eyes.gif

mad.gif

This is why it's tough to read LG.net. People stay crying about Walton and Odom begging for them to be traded as if:
  • the Lakers would get equal value in return
  • GMs are beating down the Lakers door to get either of them
All Odom did was cost the Lakers the opportunity to tie or win the game. While I'm in the camp that saysOdom should have secured the ball and called a timeout in that situation, not doing so didn't cost them the game. Think about how many of you give Kobethe benefit of the doubt when he doesn't come through in the clutch by giving him the, "the Lakers wouldn't have even been in the game if itwasn't for him" excuse. You should give Odom the same benefit of the doubt tonight. He didn't give the game away like he did against Sacramento. He gave the Lakers an opportunity to tie or win and didn't come through in the end. Kobe's done it countless times and we all get over it.

Trade "Odumb"?
eyes.gif
smh.gif

If Baron Davis doesn't makes the All-Star Team this year....
pg's in the west this year...

Nash > CP3 > Deron > Baron

so sorry i don't think he gonna make it unless someone gets injured

Originally Posted by bobby24K

Hell a ****** could get 14 rebs against the Warriors, it's not all about stats Ownsem, it's about making the right decisions at critical points in the game.

But isn't that the reason why after every Lakers game, people on NT want Odom to be traded? They point to how he only had 8 points and 5 rebounds. All the damn time.
And if it's about making the right decisions at critical points in the game, why is it that almost no one is pointing the finger atKobe for taking horrible shots?

Bottom line, no single person or play can be blamed for the game. It's a team effort and if guys would have done better earlier in the game, the situationat the end would not have even had to occur.

Back
Top Bottom