4/19/03 - 6 YEARS AGO - AJ 3 White/Cements released (6 years!)

this was one of my biggest epic fails. I wanted these so bad. The day before I was writing a paper for school. Finished up at 10:30pm, went to hang with afriend. Returned home at 1 AM. Plan was to sleep and get up at 5:00 AM to go to finishline. But I decided to listen to this interview with Inspectah Deck fromthe Wu-Tang Clan before I went to bed. Then I fell asleep while listening, and didn;t set my alarm clock. Next thing I know I wake up at 8 AM to DMX on theradio. I jump in the car, get to the mall in 5 min, and every store was sold out. I was new to LA at the time, so I wasn't really aware of where to go. I tried to find the kicks that day but they were already gone before I woke up. That day still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
frown.gif

Easy release for me and my bro.

Were 3rd in line at footaction. coppped sz 10 and sz 7(my sz back then)

Luckily about a year later... the resell price wasnt high at all, and i was able to get my new size, 8.5, for 160 after selling mine for about 130.
pimp.gif

Went right into the mall on release day no big line cause alot of people werent crazy about retro's then but easy purchase about as easy as the DMP.

Originally Posted by The J Collector

I beat my pair down, but there still holding up ,no holes ,not much wear on the soles , they are built good.......

I actually accidentally came across these, I went out to sneaker villa which at the time there was a location in east lib. , I went down with intent of only grabbing a couple tees and maybe a fresh pair of denims, The day I choose to go down happen to be the release date for the white/cement 3's ,which I had no idea were releasing then , sure enough upon eye contact I pulled out a $100 flat and said let me get those in a 9.5 , I didnt get no denim or any tees that day , instead I got one of the freshest c/w of the 3's there has ever been,, there still one of my all time favorites.........
Now if u want J's from Da Villa u gotta hassle em for they shipment date
laugh.gif

But I beat mine down, wore em w/ erything thinkin I was doin it. They at the crib back in Harrisburg somewhere. Gotta holla at my mans for his NDS Mochas

IF these are ever re-released this yr or next, I cringe at the quality we'd see.

The 03's are quite nice actually, much, much better than the stiff vinyl used on the recent 3's.

And the 03's retailed at $99.99 !

At this point if you want a certain shoe, it's better to look for the earlier retro of it than to wait for a new one.

i bought them months after the release for $45
pimp.gif

i shoulda bought more pairs

i've worn them less than 5 times.

I remember these wherent loved much when they were released because it didnt have the nike air, but sold well. I missed out
smh.gif

I wasn't about to pick these up until fellow niketalker lex23sd convinced me to get these. So i bought 2, and a pair of 18's on sale.

aw damn i can't believe i forgot it's been 6 years! my first biggest retro release and i was pretty excited about them. i had to ask my friend to getme a pair because i couldn't get them and i was worried they'd be sold out. they sold VERY well, took maybe only a couple days to sell out in the goodpopular sizes. probably one of my favorite shoes of all time, i loved wearing them, i had about 4 pairs total including a 94 retro. only down to 1 DS pair andi don't think i'll ever sell them. i really miss those days though chilling in the summer with fresh 3's on...

smh im still pissed i passed on the 3's for these

i know,i know.....what a stupid decision by me i deserve a big

smh.gif

yup..$99 free shipping from eastbay..mine are beat now tho wish i had extra money while in was college to get multiples..

Back
Top Bottom