4-day workweek gains global momentum

lucky you :lol:

It's effective. Leaves me free to really focus on my work Tuesday - Friday and not have to worry about personal stuff that needs to get done during business hours or just needs to be prepared for.

I'm building stuff so as long as my portion of the project gets completed when I say it will, it's all good.

The key is to always slightly under promise what I can get done in the week or the month. :lol:

I would love to switch to Tuesday - Friday 8-5pm. Hell, i'll even do 7-5pm 40 hour/4 days and have every Monday off. Travel fares monday > Travel Fares friday.

I’d enjoy 4/10s

I’m sure i could do the same amount of work in 4 days actually. There’s just no need to rush rn so I chill a bit.

Currently typing from the washroom while getting paid

Smaller businesses, if possible, would have to take the lead as well.
Yeah i've seen companies gladly accept those "best quality of life" etc. meaningless awards while having people work 60+ hrs a week plus weekends, especially on the accounting and finance side.

I’d enjoy 4/10s

I’m sure i could do the same amount of work in 4 days actually. There’s just no need to rush rn so I chill a bit.

cac.jpg

I’d enjoy 4/10s

This man knows.

Monday is a day for laundry, meal prep, and budget review.

I’d actually prefer if we got Wednesday off instead. Too much free time (3 days) makes the comeback day quite hard.

Itd be nice to take care of all errands like laundry, grocery shopping, personal development on a weekday.

Only problem with my work is that there is way too much to do and I can barely finish everything in a Mon to Fri.

How would this work for hourly? Wouldn't you basically see a 20% reduction in gross pay by the end of the year? Yeah you work less but you also are paid less

No company is going to pay for 5 and have you work only 4. Unless you work 10 hour days 4 days a week vs 4x8.

Everyone would love to work only 1-4 days a week but that's not paying the bills.

Article is trash

How would this work for hourly? Wouldn't you basically see a 20% reduction in gross pay by the end of the year? Yeah you work less but you also are paid less

No company is going to pay for 5 and have you work only 4. Unless you work 10 hour days 4 days a week vs 4x8.

Everyone would love to work only 1-4 days a week but that's not paying the bills.

Article is trash

Adjustments will obvioisly be made to the hours.

4/10 makes more sense than just giving people a “free” day.

Some weeks I only actually “work” a total of maybe 20 hours, other weeks I might work 40. Still get paid salary, so it’s whatevs.

Article is trash

Burnout leads to turnover. Turnover costs $. Paying unproductive workers also costs more money than paying productive workers. I don't think this applies to every industry my dude. But for some it might be worth it. You're underestimating the costs of running a business full of miserable humans vs. having healthy, energized workers.

4 days at 10 hour shifts was dope 2 jobs ago

now i just work at a job that i can work from home if i have to, im not really tied down by a clock in my current job

Man y'all really love this 4 day 10 hour shift :lol:

I couldn't do it. On the first day of my current gig, I did a 14 hour shift. No way I'm coming in for 10 4 days out of the week. I'd still he burnt out. I think more flexibility with working hours for the week needs to be achieved as well

ain't happening while the boomers still run things smh

I'm all for it though, right now there is no incentive to be efficient if you have 40 hours to fill up. Change that to 32 hours and folks be surprised how much of the same work gets done in that smaller time frame

Alternative - 32 hour weeks @ higher pay

Convert that extra time into more pay per hour.

I work M-F 10-6. Would trade these 5x8s for 4x10s anyday. One facility works 3x12s one week then 4x12s the next and rotates. Thats a 4 day weekend every other week.

I work 12.5 hour days 3 times a week and I would never want to go back to 8 hour days.

Those 3 days are completely shot, but having 4 days off every week?

QONVIyz.gif

Back
Top Bottom