4-day workweek gains global momentum

Think this would be beneficial for kids?
From a schoolwork standpoint depends how the teachers sets it up n if the kid/parents puts in any effort while they home

Benefical for the kid to get an extra day not to worry bout another day of commuting, waking up early etc tho

From a schoolwork standpoint depends how the teachers sets it up n if the kid/parents puts in any effort while they home

Benefical for the kid to get an extra day not to worry bout another day of commuting, waking up early etc tho
Definitely would depend on the teachers efforts but from my experience, teachers are extremely lazy when it comes to online schooling. They just throw the work up there and set a deadline. They also don't make the problems themselves. The only reason I passed my 3 physics for engineers courses was because the instructor put all the homework and tests online. All the questions were easy to Google and answer.

I don’t understand why people say it wouldn’t work for salary? Aren’t you getting paid for your quality of work in a salaried position? You’d just have to bust a little bit more for a four day work week. I work salaried, but if had to cram for a four week work day I’d honestly be in a more sufficiently work flow.

When I last had a desk job I legit did about 2-3 hours of work/day. From 8 AM thru lunch (11 AM) I essentially checked emails, ate breakfast and walked around. I’d do a little light work, but nothing crazy since lunch was right around the corner. Then I’d take a nap in my car on my hour long lunch. Then I’d come back to my desk and eat my lunch. Most of my work came between 1-4. Then I’d just **** around for the last hour. :pimp:

And on Fridays? Sheeeeeeeeiitt.

I would love a 3rd day off. It would be my personal day to do personal art-work or enjoy my gadgets. I usually have to do errands early on weekends so I can have some time for leisure. Also, I take care of my chores on weekdays after work in parts so it doesn't impede on my weekend. A 3rd day off would be completely void of any chores or errands, just pure enjoyment.

10 hour days? Lol NO

Definitely less time to yourself during your work week but those 3 days off breh...

Unbeatable. Feels like a mini vacay every time

When I last had a desk job I legit did about 2-3 hours of work/day. From 8 AM thru lunch (11 AM) I essentially checked emails, ate breakfast and walked around. I’d do a little light work, but nothing crazy since lunch was right around the corner. Then I’d take a nap in my car on my hour long lunch. Then I’d come back to my desk and eat my lunch. Most of my work came between 1-4. Then I’d just **** around for the last hour. :pimp: And on Fridays? Sheeeeeeeeiitt.

My last job in a nutshell.

Some days I could legimately working from start of shift to end of **** just because I was a senior, but most days I spent 85% of my time doing nothing. **** was driving me insane. I'd rather be busy than bored.

I’d probably end up working 12 hrs in 4 days if this were to happen but I wouldn’t even care, Friday-Sunday is worth it. I do between 8-10 min-fri maybe 11 if we short handed and busy but f that I’ll take a free Friday.

Question for all of you already doing 10+ hour shifts. Do you called the work you do or is it strictly hecause of the gratification of the income you receive?

right now i do 7 12 hour days straight from 630am-630 pm than im off for 7 days i love this schedule. You be burnt out when it gets to day 6 but when you are off for 7 days you can accomplish a lot and recover just to do it all over again :lol:

right now i do 7 12 hour days straight from 630am-630 pm than im off for 7 days i love this schedule. You be burnt out when it gets to day 6 but when you are off for 7 days you can accomplish a lot and recover just to do it all over again :lol:
7 on and 7 off :nthat: I wish

Question for all of you already doing 10+ hour shifts. Do you called the work you do or is it strictly hecause of the gratification of the income you receive?
Dat dere time and a half make it all worth it. But at the same time if I was doing some type of back breaking hard work I couldn’t do a second over 40 in a week.

Damn
tenor.gif

I felt for him a bit. Sounds like he couldn't deal with physical routine work.

Naw if u 30+ you had to have a job by now where it was physical.

Jobs either gon be phyical or mental to me. Gotta be smart or a hard worker

Teachers set the students up for “online learning” on Fridays...nobody has to be in class

How would this work for retail? and single moms who work retail and who maybe can't find or afford a sitter or provide a facility for "online learning?"

What about homeless or impoverished kids who go to school for nutrition?

The world is more and more digital it seems. Honestly a lot of time in the office is spent just being present. Because back in the day you needed to be here to get things done. Now a days I am basically working all the time. If only jobs would start to roll out a policy of "come in for meetings otherwise idc just get your work done". I answer emails on my phone and from home every day (except the weekends).

Idk how you structure a 4 day work week given society right now with schooling and jobs. But corporate america should start to basically have telework all the time. Everything should be a lot less structured imo. You got stuff to do go do it as long as it doesn't interfere with meetings or getting your job done. Its comical that we all get in the car in the morning sit in traffic just to work 8 hours then get back in the car and sit in traffic. I can wake up at home and answer emails start working...come in for my 11 oclock and 1 oclock meeting....go to the gym...go home and do some more work.

My friend's mom does those seven on/seven off while working in a SOC for the government. That sounds sweet, I think? I realize if something is detected, everyone jumps into action mode, but she makes it seem like she just chills most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom