4-day workweek gains global momentum

Speak for yourself playa. I know plenty of salary employees that will benefit from this. 40 in 4 days > 40 in 5 days > 60 in 5 days. Work smarter, not harder. Tell your company to staff better if you are salary working 60+ hours, you better either for 50% raise to account working 50%+ more than the usual 40 hour work week or ask for adjusted salary that takes account of the 20+ hours you put in a week.

Yes, instead of just paying me 75k plus bennys each year, they can pay 2 people 75k plus bennys to work a combined 80 hours a week. I’ll float that by them and get back to you playa

That would be better but they would take away lunch breaks I believe. I need a lunch break.
Really? I'm all about the working lunch at my desk. Not trying to stay 30 minutes longer than I have to. No paid lunches. |l

Really? I'm all about the working lunch at my desk. Not trying to stay 30 minutes longer than I have to. No paid lunches. |l

when I was in office everyday I would always work through my lunch. I'd bring lunch and just stay in my zone. I'd get in 30 minutes early, work through my hour lunch and leave an hour and a half early.

8:30-4 was the wave before I started this schedule I have now. In office 2 days 9-5, WFH the other 3 days of the week.

If you don't have a lot of time to get things done then I understand it. In other cases, I ain't doing no work on my break.

God damn I’m in the wrong profession. :lol:

I’m lucky if I have a chance to go to the bathroom some days.

You’re a nurse right? My wife is too and she says the same thing. :lol: Most days she doesn’t even get a lunch. :smh:

That said, her 3 12 hour shifts are the wave. 4 days off is KILLER. She tried working the normal 9-5, 5 days/week and quickly realized that she goofed. She was on the first thing smoking back to the hospital lol.

Yeah, I feel that. You minus whale just get it over with.

I wouldn’t even mind 4 12’s. I’m used to long days.

Once the 4 day work week is common, people will complain and want a 3 day work week :lol:

Nah. I'm not buying it. There's a limit to how many days folks should work. Going to 3 0uts you in a territory in which would affect employment and productivity negatively

Yes, instead of just paying me 75k plus bennys each year, they can pay 2 people 75k plus bennys to work a combined 80 hours a week. I’ll float that by them and get back to you playa

They don’t have to staff someone as your role and pay them the same. They can easily get a role a pay grade under you, to assist you complete the mindless task you usually do and you can actually focus on what your good at. You seemed seasoned enough to either warrant this move or find a better job, less hours, better pay. Next review, ask them fora raise for slaving an extra 20 hours, weekly. If working 60 hours is the norm, you’re probably in a middle management position.

Never in this country, ppl vote against their interests and default to to the company for the “economy”…. that’s why everybody going “back to office” in a month or 2 while the pandemic still going

My company gave the employees the option to work 4 days or 5 days.

But, the 4 days work week are to be done with 10 hours days :lol:

I’m good. I need those extra 2 hours of my life back to myself.

I'm on my 6th day out of 7 days in a row of 10 hour shifts. But I get atleast 7 to 14 weeks off every month in between those stretches to recharge depending on if I decide to do extra comp work. It works for me, but many people hate that schedule because it burns you out, even with the days off.

Last edited:
I went from 5 to 4 to 3 day work weeks and my life has gotten significantly better.
I’m way more efficient and motivated at work. I’m way more relaxed and energetic at home. I didn’t realize till I switched to 3 days that work takes a lot of my social energy away. I used to come home and just want to sit in silence and recharge. Now I just have a lot more time and energy for everything.

The mere THINKING about going to work can put a strain on folks' emotions/minds.

Sunday Evening around 4:00 PM is when those Monday Morning Blues really start. :lol:
True. I’m lucky enough to not get this feeling but I couldn’t imagine working all week just to look forward to Saturday, all to be depressed again Sunday afternoon.

I went from 5 to 4 to 3 day work weeks and my life has gotten significantly better.
I’m way more efficient and motivated at work. I’m way more relaxed and energetic at home. I didn’t realize till I switched to 3 days that work takes a lot of my social energy away. I used to come home and just want to sit in silence and recharge. Now I just have a lot more time and energy for everything.

That’s dope. For me being allowed to work from home/anywhere - as long as I’m mobile on my phone has been so much easier.

It allowed me so much freedom and time.

I noticed that other countries give citizens time off like 3-4 weeks off.

It seems America have that work horse mentality. Just not a good thing.

My 90+ grandfather told me he wished he didn’t work so hard/much so he could have had more time with his family or travel.

i always go back to this article as a reminder to start doing these things more while im relatively young and able

Here are the top five regrets of the dying, as witnessed by Ware:
1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
"This was the most common regret of all. When people realise that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made. Health brings a freedom very few realise, until they no longer have it."
2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
"This came from every male patient that I nursed. They missed their children's youth and their partner's companionship. Women also spoke of this regret, but as most were from an older generation, many of the female patients had not been breadwinners. All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence."
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
"Many people suppressed their feelings in order to keep peace with others. As a result, they settled for a mediocre existence and never became who they were truly capable of becoming. Many developed illnesses relating to the bitterness and resentment they carried as a result."
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
"Often they would not truly realise the full benefits of old friends until their dying weeks and it was not always possible to track them down. Many had become so caught up in their own lives that they had let golden friendships slip by over the years. There were many deep regrets about not giving friendships the time and effort that they deserved. Everyone misses their friends when they are dying."
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
"This is a surprisingly common one. Many did not realise until the end that happiness is a choice. They had stayed stuck in old patterns and habits. The so-called 'comfort' of familiarity overflowed into their emotions, as well as their physical lives. Fear of change had them pretending to others, and to their selves, that they were content, when deep within, they longed to laugh properly and have silliness in their life again."
What's your greatest regret so far, and what will you set out to achieve or change before you die?

i always go back to this article as a reminder to start doing these things more while im relatively young and able

Here are the top five regrets of the dying, as witnessed by Ware:
1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
"This was the most common regret of all. When people realise that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made. Health brings a freedom very few realise, until they no longer have it."
2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
"This came from every male patient that I nursed. They missed their children's youth and their partner's companionship. Women also spoke of this regret, but as most were from an older generation, many of the female patients had not been breadwinners. All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence."
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
"Many people suppressed their feelings in order to keep peace with others. As a result, they settled for a mediocre existence and never became who they were truly capable of becoming. Many developed illnesses relating to the bitterness and resentment they carried as a result."
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
"Often they would not truly realise the full benefits of old friends until their dying weeks and it was not always possible to track them down. Many had become so caught up in their own lives that they had let golden friendships slip by over the years. There were many deep regrets about not giving friendships the time and effort that they deserved. Everyone misses their friends when they are dying."
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
"This is a surprisingly common one. Many did not realise until the end that happiness is a choice. They had stayed stuck in old patterns and habits. The so-called 'comfort' of familiarity overflowed into their emotions, as well as their physical lives. Fear of change had them pretending to others, and to their selves, that they were content, when deep within, they longed to laugh properly and have silliness in their life again."
What's your greatest regret so far, and what will you set out to achieve or change before you die?
Cool read.

Bottom line, you get ONE and you CANT take anything with you.

Back
Top Bottom