42... New movie about Jackie Robinson

I'm hyped too.

The trailer is dope.
The story is dope.

The movie better be double dope.

I was able to see a pre-screening of this on the Warner's lot. I thought it was pretty good. Definitely worth checking out.

There's already a thread floating around I think, but in either case, movie looks solid. Can't wait to see it.

i hate when they use a really hype song in the trailer, the movie almost never fits/lives up to it.

if i'm honest, the movie doesn't really look that good to me, i mean it doesn't look straight up bad like Red Tails

but it just seems pretty basic

Last edited:
with those jay z stuggle bars in all the trailers? NOPE

not sure if srs.

I father, I Brooklyn Dodger them
I jack, I rob, I sin
Aww man, I'm Jackie Robinson (JACKie ROB..I..SIN)
'Cept when I run base, I dodge the pen (as in bullpen and jay z is known for not writing his songs. Triple entendre)

not sure if srs.

I jack, I rob, I sin
'Cept when I run base, I dodge the pen (as in bullpen and jay z is known for not writing his songs. Triple entendre)

I thought it was in reference to selling crack and avoiding jail. I could be wrong tho...

not sure if srs.

I jack, I rob, I sin

:rofl: sit down chan

Last edited:
the Jay Z lines also had me thinking what the...?

42 hasn't been screened for critics widely and has no reviews on Rotten Tomatoes 6 days before the release which makes me think the studio doesn't have faith that the movie is actually good

Last edited:
I'm gonna go see it next weekend..love anything about Jackie Robinson..big time Robinson fan..same with Roberto Clemente

Glad I'm not the only one that thought it was weird that there were no reviews yet.

Normally movies have reviews by now.

Last edited:
Yall should kno by now that Hollywood dont care about movies wit blacks as the maun character, let alone a psotive black man. u see Red Tails got no love as far as support. Let the story be about Babe Ruth and youll get their blood flowin.

all in all, def a openin weekend movie fo me. waitin on a Clemente movie too

Yall should kno by now that Hollywood dont care about movies wit blacks as the maun character, let alone a psotive black man. u see Red Tails got no love as far as support. Let the story be about Babe Ruth and youll get their blood flowin.

What are you talking about they are promoting the hell out of this movie

Don't bring racism into this

:rolleyes

That dodging base line has been taken out of the trailer as of recent (on television).

Back
Top Bottom