5 Reasons Why Anticonformity Is Worse Than Conformity (the anti-sheep are the sheep)

King Arthur wrote:

this thread doesn't really have a point to me

he obviously sharing something he came across with us.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Jking0821

thought it'd be a good read over here.. 
laugh.gif
 seeing as all the non FBers of NT seem to think they're on some holier than thou type steeze.
with that said, will the non-sheep please chime in on these points? 
nerd.gif

I think this is a really big generalization.

I am a non-facebooker btw.  But to say that the only reason people are anti-conformist is to rebel is stupid.  I don't have facebook because i don't like it.  Not because the masses have it and i just want to be anti-conformist.  Its too stalkerish for me.  You can apply this logic to everything in the world.
good post/point. but im sure you can agree that the generalization is warranted.
i wish i had time to skim through those FB threads and paste some of the more outlandish comments over here. 
laugh.gif
I def agree with you there are people out there that are like this (especially in the FB vs Non FB argument).  But they are less frequent then this makes it seems.  NT just seems to have a decent collection of them however
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 seeing as all the non FBers of NT seem to think they're on some holier than thou type steeze.
nerd.gif

I am a non-facebooker btw.  But to say that the only reason people are anti-conformist is to rebel is stupid.  I don't have facebook because i don't like it.  Not because the masses have it and i just want to be anti-conformist.  Its too stalkerish for me.  You can apply this logic to everything in the world.
good post/point. but im sure you can agree that the generalization is warranted.
i wish i had time to skim through those FB threads and paste some of the more outlandish comments over here. 
laugh.gif
I def agree with you there are people out there that are like this (especially in the FB vs Non FB argument).  But they are less frequent then this makes it seems.  NT just seems to have a decent collection of them however
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
Why don't you just do it instead of fronting.
It would lead to more discussion.

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
Why don't you just do it instead of fronting.
It would lead to more discussion.

the fact of the matter is this; be you. Don't be like everyone else just to fit in and don't not be like everyone else to not fit in.

the fact of the matter is this; be you. Don't be like everyone else just to fit in and don't not be like everyone else to not fit in.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

You're not special, whether you're a sheep or not.

You present an interesting thesis, but I'm afraid further research is required for you to support it. Good effort, I will take a dump now.

You present an interesting thesis, but I'm afraid further research is required for you to support it. Good effort, I will take a dump now.

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

It's true though, so just do what makes you happy.  If you're conforming, eh could be worse.  It it goes against the grain, well, here's a cookie.  Why is it so hard to just be true to yourself?  High school non withstanding, everyone's confused and trying to find themselves in high school
laugh.gif

I guess what I should've said was "what you do or don't do does not make you special" 

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

It's true though, so just do what makes you happy.  If you're conforming, eh could be worse.  It it goes against the grain, well, here's a cookie.  Why is it so hard to just be true to yourself?  High school non withstanding, everyone's confused and trying to find themselves in high school
laugh.gif

I guess what I should've said was "what you do or don't do does not make you special" 

Originally Posted by eddie

This.  If I don't like something, it's not because everyone else is into it, and I just want to be different.  Maybe I simply don't like it.  I will agree that there are some people who do live life just to go against the grain though.

Originally Posted by eddie

This.  If I don't like something, it's not because everyone else is into it, and I just want to be different.  Maybe I simply don't like it.  I will agree that there are some people who do live life just to go against the grain though.

Take the Twilight craze for example. Now, Twilight is pretty awful. But even worse than Twilight fans were anti-Twilight obsessives. This is a group of people that would take any pretext to hold forth on why Twilight is awful, as if they were breaking the news to people who had been trapped in a cave for 20 years. Not just because they didn't like Twilight, but because they were attempting a saucy in-your-eye rebellion against some kind of monolithic Twilight-loving establishment they thought was dominating society because two or three women in their life wouldn't shut up about the series.

37513.jpg

Agreed. Hmmmmm........................

Spoiler [+]
Take the RELIGION craze for example. Now, RELIGION   is pretty awful. But even worse than RELIGION fans were anti-RELIGION   obsessives. This is a group of people that would take any pretext to hold forth on why RELIGION is awful, as if they were breaking the news to people who had been trapped in a cave for 20 years. Not just because they didn't like RELIGION , but because they were attempting a saucy in-your-eye rebellion against some kind of monolithic RELIGION -loving establishment they thought was dominating society because two or three women in their life wouldn't shut up about the series.

Invisible%2BPink%2BUnicorn.png

Think about it...

Take the Twilight craze for example. Now, Twilight is pretty awful. But even worse than Twilight fans were anti-Twilight obsessives. This is a group of people that would take any pretext to hold forth on why Twilight is awful, as if they were breaking the news to people who had been trapped in a cave for 20 years. Not just because they didn't like Twilight, but because they were attempting a saucy in-your-eye rebellion against some kind of monolithic Twilight-loving establishment they thought was dominating society because two or three women in their life wouldn't shut up about the series.

37513.jpg

Agreed. Hmmmmm........................

Spoiler [+]
Take the RELIGION craze for example. Now, RELIGION   is pretty awful. But even worse than RELIGION fans were anti-RELIGION   obsessives. This is a group of people that would take any pretext to hold forth on why RELIGION is awful, as if they were breaking the news to people who had been trapped in a cave for 20 years. Not just because they didn't like RELIGION , but because they were attempting a saucy in-your-eye rebellion against some kind of monolithic RELIGION -loving establishment they thought was dominating society because two or three women in their life wouldn't shut up about the series.

Think about it...

Didn't read the article but I have a friend who thinks it's "cool" to hate all of today's music...says it's all trash
indifferent.gif

Didn't read the article but I have a friend who thinks it's "cool" to hate all of today's music...says it's all trash
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Murda He

Think about it...

I agree, I'm not "anti-religion", I'm anti-religious people. It's kinda like the guns don't kill people argument, religion isn't bad but religious people are just god awful. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Murda He

Think about it...

I agree, I'm not "anti-religion", I'm anti-religious people. It's kinda like the guns don't kill people argument, religion isn't bad but religious people are just god awful. 
grin.gif

@#### shut up...stop lying.. I only posted that cuz I'm still open about your last anti-RELIGION crusade that went on in my thread.

Back
Top Bottom