5 Reasons Why Anticonformity Is Worse Than Conformity (the anti-sheep are the sheep)

Isn't anti conforming doing what you want to do, because it's truly what you want to do and thus making you happy? Pretending to dislike something just because the mass loves it seems more anti social or just plain stupid and pathetic. You rely your beliefs/likes/possessions on society really.
Looks like it was written by one angry conformist to me
ohwell.gif

Isn't anti conforming doing what you want to do, because it's truly what you want to do and thus making you happy? Pretending to dislike something just because the mass loves it seems more anti social or just plain stupid and pathetic. You rely your beliefs/likes/possessions on society really.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by J de PHX

ohwell.gif

word, there's a lot of contradiction and irony in that piece.....
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by J de PHX

ohwell.gif

word, there's a lot of contradiction and irony in that piece.....
ohwell.gif

well im basing this assumption in particular about music. I often ask people why you think this band or artist is good and they can't give me any legit reasons or even an opinion. However when you ask why they don't like this band or artist, they will be like o because they are sellouts, poseurs they do it for the money, they are not real ect ect. its always the same response and I find it complete nonsense. I in particular dont like lady gaga but I dont hate her or her music. She obviously has talent and she has a place for people who like her style of music but some of these so called people of the scene really need to shut up...especially slayer fans..

well im basing this assumption in particular about music. I often ask people why you think this band or artist is good and they can't give me any legit reasons or even an opinion. However when you ask why they don't like this band or artist, they will be like o because they are sellouts, poseurs they do it for the money, they are not real ect ect. its always the same response and I find it complete nonsense. I in particular dont like lady gaga but I dont hate her or her music. She obviously has talent and she has a place for people who like her style of music but some of these so called people of the scene really need to shut up...especially slayer fans..

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Murda He

Take the RELIGION craze for example. Now, RELIGION   is pretty awful. But even worse than RELIGION fans were anti-RELIGION   obsessives. This is a group of people that would take any pretext to hold forth on why RELIGION is awful, as if they were breaking the news to people who had been trapped in a cave for 20 years. Not just because they didn't like RELIGION , but because they were attempting a saucy in-your-eye rebellion against some kind of monolithic RELIGION -loving establishment they thought was dominating society because two or three women in their life wouldn't shut up about the series.
Think about it...

I agree, I'm not "anti-religion", I'm anti-religious people. It's kinda like the guns don't kill people argument, religion isn't bad but religious people are just god awful. 
grin.gif

No, that is you to a T. That's you and lobotomybeats and that other guy going around trolling every religious thread on NT.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Murda He

Take the RELIGION craze for example. Now, RELIGION   is pretty awful. But even worse than RELIGION fans were anti-RELIGION   obsessives. This is a group of people that would take any pretext to hold forth on why RELIGION is awful, as if they were breaking the news to people who had been trapped in a cave for 20 years. Not just because they didn't like RELIGION , but because they were attempting a saucy in-your-eye rebellion against some kind of monolithic RELIGION -loving establishment they thought was dominating society because two or three women in their life wouldn't shut up about the series.
Think about it...

I agree, I'm not "anti-religion", I'm anti-religious people. It's kinda like the guns don't kill people argument, religion isn't bad but religious people are just god awful. 
grin.gif

No, that is you to a T. That's you and lobotomybeats and that other guy going around trolling every religious thread on NT.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

real talk.
laugh.gif

I definitely agree... just be you. Do what you want to do. Plain & simple.

I definitely agree... just be you. Do what you want to do. Plain & simple.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

real talk.
laugh.gif

Typical NTer: "We're all sheep"

No. We're social creatures.

Part of this whole problem, if you want to call it that, stems indirectly from the fact that we choose to acknowledge natural social tendencies with words or phrases that are so negative in context.

We choose and pick which values we want to be associated with, and/or identified with. We all do it.

So why must we then go about marginalizing those who choose different values?

Just worry about yourself.

30t6p3b.gif

Typical NTer: "We're all sheep"

No. We're social creatures.

Part of this whole problem, if you want to call it that, stems indirectly from the fact that we choose to acknowledge natural social tendencies with words or phrases that are so negative in context.

We choose and pick which values we want to be associated with, and/or identified with. We all do it.

So why must we then go about marginalizing those who choose different values?

Just worry about yourself.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Wrong. Its not that black and white. People do things for various reasons. I think there are more blind followers then people that rebel for all the reasons stated. If people just stay in their own lane and just happen to like the beast look or the emo look doesn't mean they fit this list.

Back
Top Bottom