#5 USC at #10 Oregon - 5:00pm PDT - ABC/ESPN2 - The Autzen Reaper

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

I was wondering when our token Washington fan was going to make an appearance. He literally cannot stay out of Oregon threads, and says the same %@$+ every single time. Good to see.

The best part about it... he says some dumb %@$+ about "Talking about a bunch of "what if" scenarios..." when NON-OREGON FANS brought them up. How silly.

Sorry for continuing to post in here but I cannot stay out of PAC-10 threads, but real fast I was referring to the "whowill be ranked higher if they win out talk." the same stuff was being talked about in the UO-UW last week aswell.

Anyways back to topic....It should be a good game.

I think Masoli just looks good in that system, but I see USC having problems stopping it. Unlike we did last week, USC needs to get pressure on Masoli and makeHIM beat them.

Even though Barkley has already played a road game at the Horseshoe I see the Duck fans causing him problems....I'll be rooting for USC but as much as Ihate to I'm picking the Ducks to take it.

I'm jealous though I'd love for gameday to be up here some time...enjoy it UO fans.

Originally Posted by trunks206

I was wondering when our token Washington fan was going to make an appearance. He literally cannot stay out of Oregon threads, and says the same %@$+ every single time. Good to see.

The best part about it... he says some dumb %@$+ about "Talking about a bunch of "what if" scenarios..." when NON-OREGON FANS brought them up. How silly.

Sorry for continuing to post in here but I cannot stay out of PAC-10 threads, but real fast I was referring to the "who will be ranked higher if they win out talk." the same stuff was being talked about in the OU-UW last week aswell.

I try to ignore them for the most part also. No amount of "what if" scenarios, crying, or posts on a message board will change how the computers rankat the end of the season. Hell, there is still a ton of football left to be played after this game... so that talk is a little premature. Anything can happen.

Went and picked up my:

2728715.jpg

A few minutes ago. Going to be a blackout at Autzen on Saturday.
pimp.gif

Dixon on GameDay.
pimp.gif

Hey dude can you pick me up one if it's not too much of a hassle. I'll pay you back when I swing down that way next. That shirt is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Went and picked up my:

2728715.jpg

pimp.gif

Dixon on GameDay.
pimp.gif

Hey dude can you pick me up one if it's not too much of a hassle. I'll pay you back when I swing down that way next. That shirt is
pimp.gif

They don't make them in XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL, fatty.

I'll have Liz pick you one up on her way home from work.

making my way down from Corvallis for my first duck game of my career

should be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I like SC tho...
nerd.gif

http://usc.freedomblogging.com/ [h3]USC football: Autzen crowd 'doesn't matter' to Barkley[/h3] [h4]October 27th, 2009, 9:18 pm · 50 Comments · posted by Michael Lev, staff writer[/h4]

Nothing seems to faze USC freshman quarterback Matt Barkley.

His first college road game came in front of a record crowd of more than 105,000 at Ohio State, and Barkley led a fourth-quarter drive for the winning touchdown. He subsequently notched victories at Cal and Notre Dame, both top-25 teams at the time.

So it was no surprise when Barkley shrugged off the potential impact of the crowd at Oregon's Autzen Stadium for Saturday night's game between the No. 4 Trojans and No. 10 Ducks.

"It doesn't matter to me," Barkley said Tuesday. "I've never been there. I heard it's crazy, but I say this every road game: It won't matter."

Barkley said none of the previous venues has bothered him - "I feed off the energy," he said. "I feed off that noise. I love it" - and USC coach Pete Carroll hasn't detected any jitteriness.

"Never. Not for a second," Carroll said. "He's gone out there and played great football and done everything that a young guy could possibly do with his opportunity so far.

"Hopefully he can continue to grow and gain confidence and the wherewithal about the places that we go. Someday there won't be a surprise for him anywhere. There won't be these firsts that he goes through."

Barkley didn't come off like an experienced veteran when he incited the fans at Cal by saying before the game that "the crowd won't be as loud as Ohio State, which will be nice."

Since then, Barkley has been careful not to say anything specific about opposing stadiums or fans. But he has maintained a bring-it-on attitude. Is his coach OK with that?

"Not necessarily," Carroll said. "He'll learn."

Petey knows whats up. Barkley WILL learn.

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

learn what? hes played at the horseshoe already he knows what loud noises sound like.
laugh.gif

Coming from a guy who coached a few games at the Shoe...
"That's the loudest stadium I've ever been in." - Lloyd Carr, Michigan HC (after playing at Autzen).
pimp.gif

im sure 106k people at the horseshoe for a night game is plenty loud. a few decibel difference at autzen isnt really going to matter to barkley.

Went and picked up my:

2728715.jpg

pimp.gif

Dixon on GameDay.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

They don't make them in XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL, fatty.

I'll have Liz pick you one up on her way home from work.
I'm trying to loose weight!!!! I'm on the bacon diet!

im sure 106k people at the horseshoe for a night game is plenty loud. a few decibel difference at autzen isnt really going to matter to barkley.

Sure it will. This is the conference championship game. Pressure is on. Time to see if Barkley is a freshman phenom or not.

God I'm getting more hyped with every hour that passes. REALLY wish I could get into this game
frown.gif
Like I'd sell my first born son for a ticket down on the 50 yard line,first row. Then get to work after the game to make a son I dont want yet.

Originally Posted by 18key

Sure it will. This is the conference championship game. Pressure is on. Time to see if Barkley is a freshman phenom or not.

God I'm getting more hyped with every hour that passes. REALLY wish I could get into this game
frown.gif
Like I'd sell my first born son for a ticket down on the 50 yard line, first row. Then get to work after the game to make a son I dont want yet.
roll.gif

Let's hope the archives don't keep this post for when he's older
laugh.gif

So if it's not on ABC it'll be on ESPN2, right? I know ABC will be showing the Texas game here, but I want to be able to watch this too.

Originally Posted by Wings90

So if it's not on ABC it'll be on ESPN2, right? I know ABC will be showing the Texas game here, but I want to be able to watch this too.

Yeah, it's only a big deal for people without cable.

I think Barkley will be fine. The Horseshoe is one of the loudest/rowdiest/toughest places to play in the country and he handled it in the second start of hiscareer.

If the USC defense comes out and hits Oregon in it's mouth hard and early it'll bring down the noise level in that stadium a few notches. They justneed to strike first and keep the pressure on. It's tough to yell when your team's down 21 in the first half.

usc_oregon_2_duck_with_spear.jpg

skd182468sdc.jpg

^ LOL

I'll be in Jax probably drunk somewhere in the St. John's river so I won't get to see the game
Ducks by a TD.

Worried about how Oregon has looked in the first half as the offense always looks slow to start... Gotta hope the defense keeps it close in the first half

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I just wanna see TJ crack RoJo and Mcknights head

Get Down or Lay Down
pimp.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm pumped for this game. It's gonna be exciting. I wish I could be there. Stuck watching it on tv in Alaska though
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

I'll be there.
pimp.gif
mad.gif
Me too.

eek.gif

No foolies.
tongue.gif
tired.gif
Just found out my ticket for Ducks/Trojans was given away, I'm notworking the OSU/UCLA game so I can't get in free, AND it's sold out.
indifferent.gif

ALL BAD
smh.gif
frown.gif
... But I'll be in Eugene anyway. I'm either partying after game with a bunch of drunkbroads or I'm making fun of the Ducks and STILL partying. Win or lose, I still win.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Anthony McCoy is out for the game,
ohwell.gif
Wow.
The pieces are coming together
pimp.gif

But, really, that's too bad he's out
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom