50% off Sears e-giftcards

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

theres nothing good to buy at sears..
online tho...they got a lot of stuff.  pretty much any electronic one could want is on their website.

Word.. Somebody needs to learn a thing or two about online shopping... 
i actually do a lot of shopping online and sears prices are not good at all and on top of that taxes. you have to consider that if and thats a big IF, you get those cards you have to spend them right away on the current prices they have now. 
this deal is only good for those who want something that doesnt fluctuate in price like a ps3 or xbox. i already have both and i am not about to impulse buy on anything.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

theres nothing good to buy at sears..
online tho...they got a lot of stuff.  pretty much any electronic one could want is on their website.

Word.. Somebody needs to learn a thing or two about online shopping... 
i actually do a lot of shopping online and sears prices are not good at all and on top of that taxes. you have to consider that if and thats a big IF, you get those cards you have to spend them right away on the current prices they have now. 
this deal is only good for those who want something that doesnt fluctuate in price like a ps3 or xbox. i already have both and i am not about to impulse buy on anything.

pimp.gif

I would have loved to get in on this deal. Looking to pick up a mattress and this would have been perfect! It also states that these are good at KMart and Lands End! Ughhhhhh.

I would have loved to get in on this deal. Looking to pick up a mattress and this would have been perfect! It also states that these are good at KMart and Lands End! Ughhhhhh.

You guys are getting $5 gift cards instead. 

When things are too good to be true, it always is.
30t6p3b.gif

You guys are getting $5 gift cards instead. 

When things are too good to be true, it always is.
30t6p3b.gif

I wonder if this is the type of deal that Sears will honor and still make money on...if most of the money goes to electronics bought online (and shipped online and don't honor store pickup or something) they may...plus its a great marketing ploy and one of the first real times a company has stepped up for an hour or so to get major networking news by giving off a great sale for an hour or so via the internet...eventually a big company or even little will step up and do something like this, just a matter of time...the people that did already receive conformation emails are probably the only ones that end up OK

They will get a TON of TV coverage tomorrow if so

I wonder if this is the type of deal that Sears will honor and still make money on...if most of the money goes to electronics bought online (and shipped online and don't honor store pickup or something) they may...plus its a great marketing ploy and one of the first real times a company has stepped up for an hour or so to get major networking news by giving off a great sale for an hour or so via the internet...eventually a big company or even little will step up and do something like this, just a matter of time...the people that did already receive conformation emails are probably the only ones that end up OK

Originally Posted by Prince Of Shoes HEAD

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

just got my confirmation after talking to the REP!!!!!  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 now its the waiting game on getting my pin#. the Rep did said that it was a promotion they had going on for a couple hours. hopefully hes right!!

eek.gif
smokin.gif
gratz kids

Originally Posted by Prince Of Shoes HEAD

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

just got my confirmation after talking to the REP!!!!!  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 now its the waiting game on getting my pin#. the Rep did said that it was a promotion they had going on for a couple hours. hopefully hes right!!

eek.gif
smokin.gif
gratz kids

Quote from SD:
Well folks...it might make you mad to hear the truth but here it is....I just got off the phone with the folks at sears.com and they are well aware of what's up...Since it's been quite a while since the deal died, calling wasn't going to hurt anything at this point.

If your transaction already went through and you used your gift card, it appears they are going to allow you to win on this deal.  

If your transaction has not been processed, they are going to offer you the chance to cancel the order or pay the full face value.  

If your transaction has processed but you haven't used the gift card, they are going to cancel/put your gift card on hold and offer you the chance to pay the face value or cancel the transaction.  

What made this happen?  

The website auto discounting system starting applying the 50% off to all things that had holiday related key words. The software confused gift cards with Christmas cards...LED lights with LED TV's and other such deals.  

Needless to say, Sears.com is actively working to try to reverse these ASAP….I did get the impression though that they are having to work their way through the list one at a time and contact each buyer, so it’s going to take a while to sort it out.

Quote from SD:
Well folks...it might make you mad to hear the truth but here it is....I just got off the phone with the folks at sears.com and they are well aware of what's up...Since it's been quite a while since the deal died, calling wasn't going to hurt anything at this point.

If your transaction already went through and you used your gift card, it appears they are going to allow you to win on this deal.  

If your transaction has not been processed, they are going to offer you the chance to cancel the order or pay the full face value.  

If your transaction has processed but you haven't used the gift card, they are going to cancel/put your gift card on hold and offer you the chance to pay the face value or cancel the transaction.  

What made this happen?  

The website auto discounting system starting applying the 50% off to all things that had holiday related key words. The software confused gift cards with Christmas cards...LED lights with LED TV's and other such deals.  

Needless to say, Sears.com is actively working to try to reverse these ASAP….I did get the impression though that they are having to work their way through the list one at a time and contact each buyer, so it’s going to take a while to sort it out.

The thing that is BS is that they actually approved my $5 gift card long after my $250 card was processed, so they are picking and choosing.
sick.gif

The thing that is BS is that they actually approved my $5 gift card long after my $250 card was processed, so they are picking and choosing.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom