$7k Air Jordan Scam?

Well at the end of the day, it looks as if the buyer is happy and that's all that matters. Since the shoes themselves are legit, unlike the whole Lu situation where the shoes were all fabricated, like I said before the PE shoes alone could've gone for that much money regardless of the letter being there in the auction or not.

What if Mike seeked out and asked for a letter of authenticity from when he bought the X's in 2004, and the owner prior to him might have fabricated that letter addressed to Mike? Who knows. In all honesty, there could've been numerous possible instances but I'm just throwing out a random possible situation that could've went down. I don't recall any of his other auctions have an authenticity letter like this, so if Mike did fabricate this letter, why wouldn't he have done so with his other expensive pairs?

I don't know, now I'm just ranting off. I doubt we'll ever get to the bottom of this, but it seems like the new owner is happy. Personally, if it were me, I'd just be happy with the shoes alone. #45 Shadow PE's? I'll take em!

-Jermaine

lolblackpeople? how did that sn get approved ? 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Sports memorabilia is the biggest JOKE industry EVER.
Who gives a toss if you have a shoe MJ wore or a jersey emmit smith wore and so on.
Its a self gratification purpose only. to say I have this and I have that. most people you know wouldn't care and people who do care are people you DON'T know on the net.
all I can say is SUCKED IN to this bloke.
sports memoribilia is the biggest waste of money since crack.

sounds like air randy "the shoe maker" on a whole other level
more and more frauds are in sneaker collecting then ever before 

if you ask me buying P.E.'s especially at these crazy prices are a waste of money   

Originally Posted by Phase2x

Well at the end of the day, it looks as if the buyer is happy and that's all that matters. Since the shoes themselves are legit, unlike the whole Lu situation where the shoes were all fabricated, like I said before the PE shoes alone could've gone for that much money regardless of the letter being there in the auction or not.

What if Mike seeked out and asked for a letter of authenticity from when he bought the X's in 2004, and the owner prior to him might have fabricated that letter addressed to Mike? Who knows. In all honesty, there could've been numerous possible instances but I'm just throwing out a random possible situation that could've went down. I don't recall any of his other auctions have an authenticity letter like this, so if Mike did fabricate this letter, why wouldn't he have done so with his other expensive pairs?

I don't know, now I'm just ranting off. I doubt we'll ever get to the bottom of this, but it seems like the new owner is happy. Personally, if it were me, I'd just be happy with the shoes alone. #45 Shadow PE's? I'll take em!

-Jermaine

Mike claims to have Bulls letters with both of his Playoff PEs - the Xs and the XIIIs (other than the 1s, these are his most expensive pairs).  Items with Bulls letters carry a huge premium!  If the letter was manufactured by the previous owner to Mike (which is a huge stretch IMO), Mike has an obligation to disclose this to the seller and to disclose this in his ebay listing.  He never did.  

Why do you assume the buyer is happy?  He told me just the opposite.  He said he is considering legal action.  I told him to try and work things out with Mike directly and if he doesn't cooperate, then pursue legal action.
Mike is free to come on here and defend himself and clear his name.  I can see how it may be problematic for him when you have Jeff Schultz, the man who actually writes the Bulls LOAs, saying the letter has major issues and is likely an outright fake.

so wait, he cares more about the Letter Of Authenticity being authentic rather than the actual shoes them self ? I'm pretty sure the owner can go and get the shoes checked and get his own letter of authenticity.. before he pursues legal action he should bring in the shoes to confirm that they are authentic. & only if they are not pursue legal action. He's already gotten a response from Jeff Schultz the guy says he rarely responds but in this case he did.. the buyer had better followed up with Schultz and kept that tie, if not he's a @@%%$%% idiot IMO.. email Schultz detailed pictures of the X's and see what he says.

Over a letter..... really.... smh

Originally Posted by Phase2x

-Jermaine
+1. Shoes are legit. Sucks to have a fake letter of Authenticity but usually these things are a misunderstanding somewhere down the line. 
Best of luck.

Originally Posted by airBOZretroIII

Who gives a toss if you have a shoe MJ wore or a jersey emmit smith wore and so on.
Its a self gratification purpose only. to say I have this and I have that. most people you know wouldn't care and people who do care are people you DON'T know on the net.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by MJ23Forever

so wait, he cares more about the Letter Of Authenticity being authentic rather than the actual shoes them self ? I'm pretty sure the owner can go and get the shoes checked and get his own letter of authenticity.. before he pursues legal action he should bring in the shoes to confirm that they are authentic. & only if they are not pursue legal action. He's already gotten a response from Jeff Schultz the guy says he rarely responds but in this case he did.. the buyer had better followed up with Schultz and kept that tie, if not he's a @@%%$%% idiot IMO.. email Schultz detailed pictures of the X's and see what he says.

Over a letter..... really.... smh

A Bulls letter adds a huge premium to an item.  For example, a typical game worn MJ jersey (post 95) goes for around $4,500.  The same jersey with Bulls LOA goes for $8-12k.  

Haha the one guy said sports memorabilia is the biggest waist of money since crack. Hahahaha

lolblackpeople wrote:
Why do you assume the buyer is happy?  He told me just the opposite.  He said he is considering legal action.  I told him to try and work things out with Mike directly and if he doesn't cooperate, then pursue legal action.
The only reason why I was thinking the owner was happy was because of the positive feedback left. I didn't read what you said about possible shill bidding, but a transaction did happen on eBay which is liable for a lot of things legally. Positive feedback is positive feedback, and that's why I assumed he was happy. I have no idea who the winner is, and at this point, i really don't care. Whatever happens at this point should be interesting, and I hope for the best for all.
-Jermaine

Originally Posted by airBOZretroIII

QFT.

REALEST POST IN HERE.

so mike has yet to respond to the buyer's correspondence?

i'm very interested to know what his explanation is.

Originally Posted by lolblackpeople

Originally Posted by DRO3000

I read that whole thread about that screech dude when it was brought up in the early release thread and I coulda sworn that it was this MRMAR guy who was calling him out for manufacturing these "Game worn and signed MJ PE's"

http://niketalk.yuku.com/.../WOW?page=1#.Tx-gevkU-a8

Yep, that's correct! 
anyone who is not familiar with that thread should take some time to read it......dont forget your popcorn tho
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Real talk tho....this is not a funny situation.  If I dropped that kind of $$$ on something only to find out it was misrepresented I would fall into a depression and NEVER buy sneakers again...EVER
frown.gif

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

so mike has yet to respond to the buyer's correspondence?

i'm very interested to know what his explanation is.

We are all very interested to know his explanation.  He has yet to provide one.  The forum is his to give his side of the story and clear his name.

wow 7,000? that's just amazing, hope this seller gets his money back for sure. wish someone would've warned the buyer though

Back
Top Bottom