A$AP

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Hip-hop acts are pretty much all terrible live though and he's still just learning how to do performances...

i absolutely hate when people say this. because N_s don't sing and dance they can't have a good live show or something?

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Ok.

I just came back from his performance at CMJ. I tried my hardest to be unbiased. Missed out on a Carmelo event to see what the hype was about.

It was cool before. This kid seemingly comes out of nowhere and blows up. Then we find out he's signed and the possibility of him having been signed and getting major media placement due to being signed being strong. Everyone crowning him the next best thing from NYC since the subway system.

This kid is absolutely TERRIBLE live. The crowd reaction was so bad he was like "Ya'll m-----------as acting like you aint got legends on this stage....dont act like that with us."...not even the white people were rocking with him. He did the generic jump off stage into the crowd....one of the songs chorus was "Suck a _____ d____ for 2011" or something to that nature...It was absolutely horrendous. No chicks were into it. This dude has cats walking on stage and just going to the back just to stand there. Sharing a bottle of grey gose to the head between them.

You all are gonna say i been hard on him and why come in here...but when cats cant even perform and they're signed, they deserve every bit of criticism. Then you got publications like the NY Times and Fader telling the public this is hot...it was so bad an A&R i know said it was one of the worst performances he's seen in his life.

It's all the consumers fault.
I was there as well. I like most of the tracks I've heard online, but I co-sign all of this above ^^

Hip-hop acts are pretty much all terrible live though and he's still just learning how to do performances...

Kendrick Lamar would like to have a word with you ....

That's was the last concert I went to ( and he's still fairly new) , and he had the ENTIRE spot rockin ..

When he played spiteful chant and Michael Jordan back to back ...
30t6p3b.gif

Sheer pandemonium ...

Originally Posted by HARM

That's was the last concert I went to ( and he's still fairly new) , and he had the ENTIRE spot rockin ..

30t6p3b.gif

Sheer pandemonium ...

I +*+# wiht Krit live

Kanye basically destroys that theory.... GOAT Performer of any genre

Last I remember ASAP Rocky isn't that big yet... So alot of people don't know him, im not suprised he got a bad reception like dude said.

Last I remember ASAP Rocky isn't that big yet... So alot of people don't know him, im not suprised he got a bad reception like dude said.

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

30t6p3b.gif

Sheer pandemonium ...

I +*+# wiht Krit live
this.

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

30t6p3b.gif

Sheer pandemonium ...

I +*+# wiht Krit live
this.

PJ and Bompton wrote:
all these fools blowing up without going the grind route are terrible live because they don't have to play shows before blowing up.

This. 

I'm not even exaggerating. And I know I'd had my share of things to say...but it's crazy. You give cats deals and they have no incentive to improve because they already have the "security" of a deal. Think about it. A deal basically comes with loan money that a label fronts you..so you dont have to improve your live show which is where an artist's bread and butter traditionally comes from. So trash live show + label deal = weak all around + a machine behind you that may not even believe in artist development to make you get better. 

Wiz got dropped and had to perform his %*! off and built and kept fans organically...then he had leverage. Hip hop acts are not all terrible live. Wale's stage show good....J Cole good...heard Kendrick Lamar tore down SOBs...no small feat. If a cat like Kendrick who rap raps can tear down SOBs with majority of the industry in there....but for you to say that hip hop artists are usually all trash live is a cop out.

PJ and Bompton wrote:
all these fools blowing up without going the grind route are terrible live because they don't have to play shows before blowing up.

This. 

I'm not even exaggerating. And I know I'd had my share of things to say...but it's crazy. You give cats deals and they have no incentive to improve because they already have the "security" of a deal. Think about it. A deal basically comes with loan money that a label fronts you..so you dont have to improve your live show which is where an artist's bread and butter traditionally comes from. So trash live show + label deal = weak all around + a machine behind you that may not even believe in artist development to make you get better. 

Wiz got dropped and had to perform his %*! off and built and kept fans organically...then he had leverage. Hip hop acts are not all terrible live. Wale's stage show good....J Cole good...heard Kendrick Lamar tore down SOBs...no small feat. If a cat like Kendrick who rap raps can tear down SOBs with majority of the industry in there....but for you to say that hip hop artists are usually all trash live is a cop out.

PJ and Bompton wrote:

This. 

Now that I think about it, Cudi and Drake were horrible live when I saw them when they were still relatively new. Rocky definitely gets the benefit of the doubt based on that. Seeing him again tonight at the Fader Fort (NYC).

Now that I think about it, Cudi and Drake were horrible live when I saw them when they were still relatively new. Rocky definitely gets the benefit of the doubt based on that. Seeing him again tonight at the Fader Fort (NYC).

Oone of the songs chorus was "Suck a _____ d____ for 2011" or something to that nature.

That's SpaceGhost's song.
Funny cause watyching the Creators Project performance that was the only song that got folks hype. Spaceghost as a performer > ASAP with 1/10th the buzz. But yeah he really needs to fix his live game. I can't wait for his tape but he is NOT worth the $20 to see him right now.

And I hope people stop saying Live hip hop is bad. It's a stereotype held from the WU Tang era where everyone copied Wu Tang and had 20 people on stage. Now it's just one and maybe a hype man and most performers are great cause they have the crowd in their hands.

Oone of the songs chorus was "Suck a _____ d____ for 2011" or something to that nature.

Funny cause watyching the Creators Project performance that was the only song that got folks hype. Spaceghost as a performer > ASAP with 1/10th the buzz. But yeah he really needs to fix his live game. I can't wait for his tape but he is NOT worth the $20 to see him right now.

And I hope people stop saying Live hip hop is bad. It's a stereotype held from the WU Tang era where everyone copied Wu Tang and had 20 people on stage. Now it's just one and maybe a hype man and most performers are great cause they have the crowd in their hands.

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Your opinion is wrong.

Prince, MJ, Sade, Pink Floyd, James Brown, Radiohead are all better than Ye', could think of more but don't feeling typing all those names.
Ye is a great performer though and it doesn't matter if people don't know you, you can still rock a crowd with good music and a great performance.
The rest of his crew needs to stay off the stage and they need to stop tryna be Odd Future with all that crowd surfing, his music don't even have that kinda energy

Your opinion is wrong.

Prince, MJ, Sade, Pink Floyd, James Brown, Radiohead are all better than Ye', could think of more but don't feeling typing all those names.
Ye is a great performer though and it doesn't matter if people don't know you, you can still rock a crowd with good music and a great performance.
The rest of his crew needs to stay off the stage and they need to stop tryna be Odd Future with all that crowd surfing, his music don't even have that kinda energy

Your opinion is wrong.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Kanye bein the best live performer ever, dude is great from what I've heard (still actually never seen him), but much of his *!#$ is him borrowing the presentation of electro shows.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Kanye bein the best live performer ever, dude is great from what I've heard (still actually never seen him), but much of his *!#$ is him borrowing the presentation of electro shows.

Back
Top Bottom