A look back on the Aqua VIII

Originally Posted by SkiDRUMattiX

Almost nabbed a DS pair, box w/Card, size 12 for $100 on Craigs. Damn me n my incessant need to make a deal...offered $90, he turned it down. Waited 2 days, hit him back ready to pay the full Hundy & they sold out from under me that mornin. Guess I'll hang onto my cracked 11.5s a little while longer.....
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

I hate to be that guy but that's what you get for trying to low ball. I mean DS for 100.00 and you tried to pay 90. You deserve not to have those.

I copped 2 pairs and after my first pair cracked , I sold them fast

Still got a pair ds tho

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

Originally Posted by SkiDRUMattiX

Almost nabbed a DS pair, box w/Card, size 12 for $100 on Craigs. Damn me n my incessant need to make a deal...offered $90, he turned it down. Waited 2 days, hit him back ready to pay the full Hundy & they sold out from under me that mornin. Guess I'll hang onto my cracked 11.5s a little while longer.....
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

I hate to be that guy but that's what you get for trying to low ball. I mean DS for 100.00 and you tried to pay 90. You deserve not to have those.

well the OG VIII aquas were hot and they also did not chip like that.
I had the OG VIII playoffs and even after 6 years they did not chip.

Love my pair and they are definitely cracked but they still look sexy to me. As long as they are wearable and not completely f'd up, they'll always look good to me.

So everyone's Aquas are cracked, either to hell (like mine) or starting out if hardly worn. Or mabye even from sittin in their box too long.
Regardless, has anyone repainted theirs? I'm usin my semi-beaters as a test subject and am surprised to not see a single post in here about repainting Aquas. Give mine another 2-3 years without repaint & they'll be black-midsole-semi-Aquas
laugh.gif
I'll prolly start the repaint process in April.

Anyone else done this yet?

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

well the OG VIII aquas were hot and they also did not chip like that.
I had the OG VIII playoffs and even after 6 years they did not chip.

I hear ya. Had friends w/OGs & that was never an issue. I briefly owned a pair of OG Playoffs & there wasn't a single crack in the paint... BUT...the midsole crumbled the moment I tried them on so I got rid of em & got my $$ back. Can't expect to wear 18 year old Jordans, even though I wear 15 year old J's all the time. Bad foam on the OG VIIIs but TERRIBLE paint on the '07 Aquas. Oh, JB retros...
30t6p3b.gif

NONE of my other VIIIs are cracked tho, and I have all of the retros except Hares, Chromes (will own soon) & Stealths (which I don't like). How does JB take one of the most treasured 8's of all time & slap on crap paint on EVERY SINGLE PAIR?!? So dumb. Playoffs are my fav & in the top 3 of my Grails, so it's not quite as heartbreaking to me as to some but still annoying as hell as Aquas are definitely a close 2nd to Playoffs to me.
When I get around to the repaint, I'm betting it'll last about 100X's longer than the soon-to-be-sanded-off (what's left of it) paint currently on the midsoles.

Aquas are piff 
pimp.gif
One of my favourite J's of all time, no question

On that note, how are y'all rocking em? Yeezy style or strapped on?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

010593-99999.png

Well damn.
Do enough people still cop off FCNY for their values to be significant anymore?

sorry if this was already posted in this thread. I put in another VIII thread, but its definitely more fitting here

air-jordan-viii-upside-down-logo-sample-08.jpg

air-jordan-viii-upside-down-logo-sample-01.jpg

air-jordan-viii-upside-down-logo-sample-02.jpg

air-jordan-viii-upside-down-logo-sample-03.jpg

air-jordan-viii-upside-down-logo-sample-04.jpg

air-jordan-viii-upside-down-logo-sample-05.jpg

air-jordan-viii-upside-down-logo-sample-06.jpg

air-jordan-viii-upside-down-logo-sample-07.jpg

SN 

didnt sell on eBay, not even a single bid   

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

yeah, it was a factory error
if you take that to a shoe repair im sure they can unstitch and restitch that for 15 bucks
ten bucks lol

Back
Top Bottom