A Ma Maniere AJ1

again, it was not... i just explained to you in depth what it means, from the creator... so who we believing, him or you. & it looks absolutely nothing like an og maroon. additionally, his shoes are never done like that, there is always a story, that's the entire reasoning behind the label & his group itself. the sneakers are just a gateway to the insight, culture & stories, in hopes of changing the narrative of how we're seen, opening up more opportunities, & showing the ones who's never had a voice in society that these things are possible. it's always more than sneakers with the james whitner, do your googles. nothing he's ever done doesn't follow the same mantra....

Great and all but no one cares that much, if at all if were gonna keep it 100.

I started my run with the 3’s in the white laces but eventually moved over to the cream set…Not sure I’d switch back over to the white set at this point either 🤷‍♂️

E30A07E2-BC5E-4EF9-AC32-A7CE2CAC689A.jpeg
8E2C9D35-C58C-42DB-9D53-D6273506C55B.jpeg

As for the 1’s…Taking them for a spin this weekend but haven’t a decided which set I’m running with yet… Both colors work well…Game time decision…

I wonder if you're able to remove the cracking with acetone or something. Maybe alcohol and some sandpaper?

yet you cared enough to tell me how much "no one" cares... please go outside today.

Yes I cared enough to say no one cares. :lol: No one cares frankly about anything but how a shoe looks. If the 3’s and 1’s (yuck) werent good looking shoes to the masses no one would care about em, regardless of what kinda story is behind them. Thats not even limited to these, its any shoe, or almost anything for that matter.

You didn't explain nothing. You gave your opinion on why you think it wasn't inspired. It really doesn't matter at this point if either of us is wrong, the similarities speak for themselves. But I literally read it when the collab was announced.

yea you got fetal alcohol syndrome or something, things ain't clickin' up there... i'd love to read the article you read where it said that tho, post it...

Lmao...yall dudes give me a headache. Absolutely no where did he did he say the design was completely made from scratch. He said why he picked Maroon but obviously the template was based off that OG. Only thing he really changed was the leather and freeing the wings , and explained why. There is no such thing a coincidence in design. Sad that hype kills brain cells

lmfao, "he gave a reason, but that reason doesn't align with my "expert opinion" so it's not true" ...jeesh. we could go into a deeper conversation as to how the design world (& conversations such as this) attempts to constantly discredit the work of black people, although we create culture, but aaaaaanyway.

Yes I cared enough to say no one cares. :lol: No one cares frankly about anything but how a shoe looks. If the 3’s and 1’s (yuck) werent good looking shoes to the masses no one would care about em, regardless of what kinda story is behind them. Thats not even limited to these, its any shoe, or almost anything for that matter.

& you've explained what's wrong with the sneaker community....but i really am not about to debate back & forth with someone who named themselves after an artist who did nothing but steal work from african artists & gained "inspiration" for his most famous technique after viewing the traditional abstract sculptures of the makonde people in tanzania... yet denied being influenced by them... you have a skewed point of view & mindset to begin with. go outside today, please.

& you've explained what's wrong with the sneaker community....but i really am not about to debate back & forth with someone who named themselves after an artist who did nothing but steal work from african artists & gained "inspiration" for his most famous technique after viewing the traditional abstract sculptures of the makonde people in tanzania... yet denied being influenced by them... you have a skewed point of view & mindset to begin with. go outside today, please.

Lord jesus nvm.

mans literally wrote a paragraph bc ur SN came from a time where NTers were having lulz w a name generator.

Catching up here to check pics. Midsole going yellowing white to light pink. I fell in the pink spectrum which I ain't mad at.

Notice lots of people going on and on about shipping. I live in San Francisco. And the $25 shipping and no tax evened things out. Would have paid more. Not much more, maybe $25.

Here was my experience.

11/24 - Order confirmation received for purchase
11/26 - Shipping label created (UPS)
11/30 - Delivered

Thanksgiving pushed it an extra day I assume. Woulda came on 29th (Monday), if shipping label was created on the 25th.

So reading from here, I may be the few that got relative efficient order, shipping, delivery.

Counting my blessings.

Also had no issues getting the 3s from A MA MANIERE. $25 was a small price to pay both times.

Catching up here to check pics. Midsole going yellowing white to light pink. I fell in the pink spectrum which I ain't mad at.

Notice lots of people going on and on about shipping. I live in San Francisco. And the $25 shipping and no tax evened things out. Would have paid more. Not much more, maybe $25.

Here was my experience.

11/24 - Order confirmation received for purchase
11/26 - Shipping label created (UPS)
11/30 - Delivered

Thanksgiving pushed it an extra day I assume. Woulda came on 29th (Monday), if shipping label was created on the 25th.

So reading from here, I may be the few that got relative efficient order, shipping, delivery.

Counting my blessings.

Also had no issues getting the 3s from A MA MANIERE. $25 was a small price to pay both times.
Wow that’s fast delivery. My label was created on the 27th. Scanned on 5th n hasn’t moved. I’m afraid a few of us will take the L from ups “misplacing a couple of crates from amm”

yea you got fetal alcohol syndrome or something, things ain't clickin' up there... i'd love to read the article you read where it said that tho, post it...

lmfao, "he gave a reason, but that reason doesn't align with my "expert opinion" so it's not true" ...jeesh. we could go into a deeper conversation as to how the design world (& conversations such as this) attempts to constantly discredit the work of black people, although we create culture, but aaaaaanyway.

Discredit the work of black people??? Why does everything have to go to race, nevermind me being a 41 year old back man from Detroit. He designed a gotdamn colorway, not a new model. You spazzing bruh. His design came from the OG Maroons, get over it.

Back
Top Bottom