A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

I bought unions for over retail too (but below market, to be fair).

the sneaker market is doomed for a crash?? its already crashing.

you're not wrong bro. i may be dumb for doing this.
Nah I don’t think you’re dumb and never intended any negativity, just making conversation. These AMM3s are one of, if not the greatest shoe I’ve ever owned. Only shoe I have 2 pairs of, they’re amazing.

Consumers, resellers, etc aren’t the only ones to blame. Shoe companies intentionally creating hype and producing less than they know they can sell to increase that hype is the major issue. The shoes I pay attention to aren’t crashing like Air Max 1s, AJ3, and the aforementioned Taupe Haze 4s amongst other 4s. That’s a GR, non OG colorway with a jump man on the back. How on earth is it $380 for a size 11? Before the pandemic, stimulus checks, and the Last Dance, documentary, shoes like the cool grey 4s were on fire sale discount.

gr taupe haze?

you realize that was a union exclusive?

i could understand ya saying desert moss a GR.

it will be interesting to see if the moss unions keep releasing all over like the AMM.

gr taupe haze?

you realize that was a union exclusive?

i could understand ya saying desert moss a GR.

it will be interesting to see if the moss unions keep releasing all over like the AMM.
1625697816690.jpeg

These are the GR Taupe Haze I meant. They look real nice with off white laces but since they vaguely (not really) resembled the TR samples people went crazy.

Nah I don’t think you’re dumb and never intended any negativity, just making conversation. These AMM3s are one of, if not the greatest shoe I’ve ever owned. Only shoe I have 2 pairs of, they’re amazing.

Consumers, resellers, etc aren’t the only ones to blame. Shoe companies intentionally creating hype and producing less than they know they can sell to increase that hype is the major issue. The shoes I pay attention to aren’t crashing like Air Max 1s, AJ3, and the aforementioned Taupe Haze 4s amongst other 4s. That’s a GR, non OG colorway with a jump man on the back. How on earth is it $380 for a size 11? Before the pandemic, stimulus checks, and the Last Dance, documentary, shoes like the cool grey 4s were on fire sale discount.

lv8 air max 1's made a dam fool outta me.
they need to drop more "anniversary" colorways, dammit.

Last edited:
1625697816690.jpeg

These are the GR Taupe Haze I meant. They look real nice with off white laces but since they vaguely (not really) resembled the TR samples people went crazy.
ahhhhhhh i got ya

all these damn colorways. two different colors.

but yes you are right. the fact those GR and the carolina IV both flew and went for crazy retail, shows the state of the game.

pine green jordan 1 2.0 sat and sat for weeks before corona hit. now i look at the price and puke

I hear you. To reply to your original question....
I find that underpriced luxury might be the go-to in a down market. It seems thats the case in every recession; Luxury stays.

At least thats my logic with this. 3's are down, and why?

Jordan Brand needs a 3 that is high lux and sells for insane resell. They require that right now for their brand. Nothing is reselling like it was and it seems JB is doing a good job of making that happen. If JB could pay for a shoe to be higher value in the aftermarket to help their brand right now, what would it be? This is it.

They need 3's to be relevant.

I bought the dip.
I’m amazed that the day of the AMM drop I was looking at a $730 resell price point and writing these off. If it weren’t for the way AMM did their drop I’d be out of luck. It’s surprising these have dipped so low but good for those who really wanted a pair and were willing to pay a little more. Looking at it like a stock, you bought at the right time.

I’m amazed that the day of the AMM drop I was looking at a $730 resell price point and writing these off. If it weren’t for the way AMM did their drop I’d be out of luck. It’s surprising these have dipped so low but good for those who really wanted a pair and were willing to pay a little more. Looking at it like a stock, you bought at the right time.

time will tell.

T
1625697816690.jpeg

These did so well because of resellers trying to milk the travis scott hype on them.
D4ED75D8-9FDE-4007-98D1-461D3284808F.png

The game rn is filled with reseller fueled hype. All the ones I’ve seen hyped up the UNC4’s because they knew Everyone that missed out on the ones was going to try for them

And as the owner of both UNC joints the fours are light years better then ones I have no business being that price

But you’re also right these companies could do the right thing and actually make more but it’s better for their businesses to not do so even though I think a few of them what still sell out if they made more And being honest they don’t even got to make more if they were actually focusOn the bots that are taking up literally entire inventories. There’s no reason one person should be getting 20+ pairs of one sneaker

as far as the union 4's:
i have a tremendous amount of respect for chris gibbs. he's a smart design mind imo
For sure, he’s done some really cool things to these 4s and the 1s were amazing. I didn’t try for the Noirs or Guavas because I wasn’t into them. Like them better now but not enough to pay $1000.

I disagree, but I love blue so I'd rather have your average blue J vs. a red OG. With that being said, white cements are still better.

did someone just say they have respect for Gibbs?! lol bro should be fired for this S show of a drop.

did someone just say they have respect for Gibbs?! lol bro should be fired for this S show of a drop.

Yea how on earth could anyone actually have respect for a guy that gave us arguably the best collab design ever and actually got them into peoples hands?

Then followed up with the 4 and took a risk using totally different design language rather than lazily copying the same design (Virgil). Again got them into peoples hands.

This drop clearly went awry but only when you compare it to the extremely high bar set by the first two union drops. It’s actually pretty disgusting to see so many entitled people calling for his job just because they couldn’t get their hands on the shoe.

And I say this as someone who has never hit on a Union drop.

Yea how on earth could anyone actually have respect for a guy that gave us arguably the best collab design ever and actually got them into peoples hands?

Then followed up with the 4 and took a risk using totally different design language rather than lazily copying the same design (Virgil). Again got them into peoples hands.

This drop clearly went awry but only when you compare it to the extremely high bar set by the first two union drops. It’s actually pretty disgusting to see so many entitled people calling for his job just because they couldn’t get their hands on the shoe.

And I say this as someone who has never hit on a Union drop.

Yeah, he's not Marcus Jordan

Back
Top Bottom