A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

Anyone know what happened on SNKRS eu these last few days? They showed a restock of these launching at 8 this morning and I got a notification at 745 . At 801 nothing on the app. Did anyone cop, or was it a glitch?

Can’t wait…
CDFDD8CF-1F99-48C4-B54B-A59CA54DA10C.jpeg
F8ABA6C9-C872-49A8-BE8F-A6EF2ECA2C25.jpeg

Bro… everything is hard to get these days…

If you mean for retail, which I’m 98% sure you are, I agree….shxt is damn near impossible.

However, I could argue that shoes are easier to get nowadays than past times.

Shoes are only a click or two away, funds aside.

Past times, before heavy internet and resell platforms, once something sold out in store, you were SOL.

1s are the only model that I never see in store...ever.

Not sure I've ever seen a pair of 4s either.

3s, 5s and 6s have been popping up on shelves lately.

...at least in my town.

If you mean for retail, which I’m 98% sure you are, I agree….shxt is damn near impossible.

However, I could argue that shoes are easier to get nowadays than past times.

Shoes are only a click or two away, funds aside.

Past times, before heavy internet and resell platforms, once something sold out in store, you were SOL.

I feel like the early/mid 2000s were the best of both worlds for this, if you were OK with buying shoes on eBay. At that point, this was still a niche culture that was nowhere near as mainstream as it is now, so with a little effort you could get stuff at retail at least as often as you couldn't. And if you couldn't, the resale market on eBay was reasonable compared to a lot of what happens today. I remember the 2003 WC III release ... I got a few pairs, one at retail and the other two pairs I bought on eBay with a markup of like $40 or $50 a pop. You never saw stuff flying at double and triple (or more) than MSRP like we do today. No one would have even thought to list new-release retro sneakers at prices like that, and if they had, no one was hitting Buy Now at those kinds of prices.

I feel like the early/mid 2000s were the best of both worlds for this, if you were OK with buying shoes on eBay. At that point, this was still a niche culture that was nowhere near as mainstream as it is now, so with a little effort you could get stuff at retail at least as often as you couldn't. And if you couldn't, the resale market on eBay was reasonable compared to a lot of what happens today. I remember the 2003 WC III release ... I got a few pairs, one at retail and the other two pairs I bought on eBay with a markup of like $40 or $50 a pop. You never saw stuff flying at double and triple (or more) than MSRP like we do today. No one would have even thought to list new-release retro sneakers at prices like that, and if they had, no one was hitting Buy Now at those kinds of prices.
Why do I always feel like it is a struggle. Even back then it seemed hard. 😆

I was watching a video yesterday where the guy was talking about how he regretted not copping these early on when they were “easy to get.”

I don’t remember that being the case.

Were these relatively easy to get on release day and shortly thereafter?

Back
Top Bottom