A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

If anyone local to Brooklyn tries to sell you a DS pair of 12.5W AMM 3s, they might be mine.

I had 4k worth of sneakers jacked out of my apartment storage area last weekend.
Damn, that is lame. One of my boys that lives in NY had his storage locker broken into recently. Like 400+ pairs of shoes. People really suck that do crap like that

Damn, that is lame. One of my boys that lives in NY had his storage locker broken into recently. Like 400+ pairs of shoes. People really suck that do crap like that
goddd daaaaaaaaamn. just goes to show things could always be worse. and at the end of they day, they're just shoes (even though they were a pain in my *** to cop... :emoji_unamused:)

I'm sorry for your bro. In my case they only grabbed 9 pairs (all DS and valuable though). at least they missed the other 6 pairs I had there.

Were they that bad? I hate the bootcut upper of 12 retros, I wish they would fix that since OGs weren’t so bulky at the ankle. By design, this isn’t an issue in the 12 lows.

EDIT: StockX comparison pics-look at how much wider/bulkier the ankle area is now, the entire shoe looks like it was stretched out lol:

28F4B757-BC86-4309-B53F-12AD34D7AF82.jpeg

3E758831-A118-482C-B08B-A187B06FDFDB.jpeg

Yoo is this real :lol:

Picked up a pair of 13.5w for 450. More than I’ve ever paid for shoes but I sold a few pairs to cancel it out lol.

Amazing shoe. I feel will they will go up in the next year. Not Union 1 level but there will be an increase. I’m sure someone else has said similar before.

I think it's a matter of taste. Yes, these are more "timeless", and arguably easier to wear, however, that's largely b/c they're actually very plain, and look like many other 3s at a glance. The Travis' are a LOT more unique and not much else looks like it. But harder to wear depending on your sit'n. I think it comes down to whether you like the story behind these, the look of one over the other, whether you want to be able to match with anything, or have to give it more thought, etc.

A lot of things look like a lot of other things at a glance. What defines understated elegance is the subtle superiority of a thing despite its superficial resemblance to something basic.

A powder blue dinner jacket will stand out more than a fully bespoke black tie set even though at a glance the latter looks a bit like a rental tux fromMen’s Wearhouse.

This is the AMM3 thread so you're most likely gonna get responses that say to get the AMM3s. That being said........ get the AMM3s :lol:

The BKTS6s are more of a "flavor of the month" type of sneaker imo. The AMM3s are gonna go down as one of the best AJ3s. Can you say the same about the British Khakis and the AJ6s? :emoji_thinking:

But as far as TS6s go... the Olives > BKs anyway :emoji_smirk:. So if you're gonna get a TS6, get the Olive TS6s instead :lol:

I think they’re both dope but I can see why people would lean toward the AMM. They’re Easier for most people to wear and have that not in your face “if you know, you know” kinda vibe. But I still don’t think the Bks deserve the slander they get. They’re pretty much a construction boot replacement, and people have been styling those for years So I wouldn’t say they’re exactly that difficult to wear. Over all both are solid.
D51A6D87-67D5-42AB-A537-33B43FAFF4D2.jpeg
63754E0B-A5CC-4B01-BE38-5A2092F0DF18.jpeg

Dunno why people think AMM is so bland. A better example of bland but nice is ALD 550s. The AMMs are not flamboyant but still loud in a Kawhi type of way.

I seen a worn once pair in a FB group for like $350. They sold really quick, but would have been a great pickup at that price.

Back
Top Bottom