A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

Yes. But that would have been my answer regardless. 2 classics Vs. AMM. AMM are great. But not there yet. Also, you didn't answer the question exactly either. The original question white cement Vs AMM. You added the black cements. So....

I said AMM3 👀
I only brought up Black Cements because somebody mentioned elephant print.

ima say this. in 5 years nobody gonna care about the amm3s. but the white cement 3s will always be a top 2 Jordan 3 colorway

Nobody's going to care about one of the best Jordan collabs to come out in 5 years? I'll take you up on that bet :nerd:

If the AMM is truly a one off and will never get retroed, then maybe it will fade from sneakerhead discourse somewhat. Unlike the white cements, which will get a new retro release every decade or so…or however long it may be.

But the people who own the AMMs will certainly never forget.

They’re not in my personal top 3 Jordan 3s, but based on today’s current and popular tastes and sensibilities surrounding aged/vintage aesthetics, muted/toned down colors, neutral coloring, and overall versatility and wearability, people gauging the AMM 3s as a top 3 Jordan 3 makes sense. And that’s before the other pieces of what many deem as “quality materials,” and the inclusion of what many purists and others consider mandatory by having “Nike Air” on the back. I think they’ll always be highly regarded from here on out, but it’ll be interesting how they are viewed and perceived 5, 10, 20 years from now.

I doubt the AMM 3s are going to be a forgettable shoe. It’s low in supply, has a key collaboration and is regarded to having amongst the best materials for a Jordan 3. It’d be one thing if the shoe was just a non-collab dime a dozen colorway drops that Jordan Brand usually does. Such as if you said the Muslins are going to end up a forgettable shoe I would agree, but the AMM 3s? Nah

If the AMM is truly a one off and will never get retroed, then maybe it will fade from sneakerhead discourse somewhat. Unlike the white cements, which will get a new retro release every decade or so…or however long it may be.

But the people who own the AMMs will certainly never forget.

Shouldn't the fact that it's a one-off make it that much more memorable?

They’re not in my personal top 3 Jordan 3s, but based on today’s current and popular tastes and sensibilities surrounding aged/vintage aesthetics, muted/toned down colors, neutral coloring, and overall versatility and wearability, people gauging the AMM 3s as a top 3 Jordan 3 makes sense. And that’s before the other pieces of what many deem as “quality materials,” and the inclusion of what many purists and others consider mandatory by having “Nike Air” on the back. I think they’ll always be highly regarded from here on out, but it’ll be interesting how they are viewed and perceived 5, 10, 20 years from now.

Top 3 for me in no particular order cause this will be highly debatable:

Black Cement
White Cement
AMM

Some might have True Blues there instead or maybe even Mochas. That actually might be top 5 right there.

No doubt.

But will heads still be talking about them in 20 years, the way they’ll be talking about the WCs?

Maybe…but I doubt it.

Collabs have run the shoe world for the past few years. Why would people forget em? The classics are always gonna be in convo, but how the “game” has been lately people are def gonna remember collabs.

People arent gonna forget Travs, OWs and Unions.

Collabs have run the shoe world for the past few years. Why would people forget em? The classics are always gonna be in convo, but how the “game” has been lately people are def gonna remember collabs.

People arent gonna forget Travs, OWs and Unions.
i’m not saying they’ll ever be forgotten.

Because they certainly won’t.

but as time goes on and the sneaker world changes and then changes again and again, will they be in the discussion as much as the white cements, which will keep getting new releases?

I’m skeptical about that.

…but maybe I’m wrong.

i’m not saying they’ll ever be forgotten.

Because they certainly won’t.

but as time goes on and the sneaker world changes and then changes again and again, will they be in the discussion as much as the white cements, which will keep getting new releases?

I’m skeptical about that.

…but maybe I’m wrong.

I see what you're saying, since its not an OG and many more collabs and whatnot will release in x amount of years will they be “forgotten” or just lost in the jumble of collabs.

Truthfully no, dont think so since it is a collab of a Jordan 3. If it were a collab of a model that wasnt so popular (think Trav Air Trainers) then it could get lost and forgotten but its a 3. People wont forget collabs on 1s, 3s, 4s etc. The popular models.

But in that same sentence..take the Union 4’s. People gonna remember the Guava and Noir’s, not so much the other 2 colors that came after in my opinion.

I see what you're saying, since its not an OG and many more collabs and whatnot will release in x amount of years will they be “forgotten” or just lost in the jumble of collabs.

Truthfully no, dont think so since it is a collab of a Jordan 3. If it were a collab of a model that wasnt so popular (think Trav Air Trainers) then it could get lost and forgotten but its a 3. People wont forget collabs on 1s, 3s, 4s etc. The popular models.

But in that same sentence..take the Union 4’s. People gonna remember the Guava and Noir’s, not so much the other 2 colors that came after in my opinion.
Just out of curiosity, what was the first major Jordan collab that you can remember?

…I’m asking because I don’t know.

This was educational for me.

https://solecollector.com/news/2017/09/a-history-of-air-jordan-collaborations/

Please tell me that one of you has these.

B6240A63-7338-4793-9863-831FEA572F64.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom