A personal message to the writers of The Wire [Spoilers inside]

Originally Posted by gambit215

Season 2= White man runs this $#$%............Gets away with it CLEAN......while the hood is killing each other over your poison.....yea real pivotal.  
grin.gif

If that's all you got out of the entire season, then you're failing to grasp the bigger message of the show. It's not all about the drugs.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Yea...Bodie was about to tattle though. I couldn't honor that.
yeah, especially coming from Avon's crew and the streets. But he was tired of how Marlo had no rules to the game.....I always thought that Bodie would move into another position instead of banging on the streets.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Yea...Bodie was about to tattle though. I couldn't honor that.
yeah, especially coming from Avon's crew and the streets. But he was tired of how Marlo had no rules to the game.....I always thought that Bodie would move into another position instead of banging on the streets.

Favorite scene was Omar being confronted by Brother Muzone (hope that's spelled right
laugh.gif
)

Favorite scene was Omar being confronted by Brother Muzone (hope that's spelled right
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Season 2= White man runs this $#$%............Gets away with it CLEAN......while the hood is killing each other over your poison.....yea real pivotal.  
grin.gif
If that's all you got out of the entire season, then you're failing to grasp the bigger message of the show. It's not all about the drugs.

But that is somewhat the point of Season 2, at least one of the several points. It reflects the drug culture in this country at large. Not many hood dudes with international connects. Hell, Marlo didn't even have a passport until he started moving up in the world. The street level guys are disposable. Doesn't matter if you're dealing with Prop Joe or Marlo, as long as their money is clean. They're the pawns, even if they think they're wearing the crown. The Greeks were only concerned with money. They weren't in it for the rep and the fame. (The 'Greek' says 'But of course I'm not Greek, and MY NAME IS NOT MY NAME', a direct contrast to Marlo's famous boast) Just because the reality hurts Gambit's delicate feelings doesn't make Season 2 any less important, though.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

grin.gif

But that is somewhat the point of Season 2, at least one of the several points. It reflects the drug culture in this country at large. Not many hood dudes with international connects. Hell, Marlo didn't even have a passport until he started moving up in the world. The street level guys are disposable. Doesn't matter if you're dealing with Prop Joe or Marlo, as long as their money is clean. They're the pawns, even if they think they're wearing the crown. The Greeks were only concerned with money. They weren't in it for the rep and the fame. (The 'Greek' says 'But of course I'm not Greek, and MY NAME IS NOT MY NAME', a direct contrast to Marlo's famous boast) Just because the reality hurts Gambit's delicate feelings doesn't make Season 2 any less important, though.

When Cutty tells Avon "The game ain't in me no more", I think that's one of the greatest scenes in television history. I don't know why, but you see how Cutty changed. You also see how Avon respects him as a man, because it's all something they know they should do, but they can't cause it's all they know. I think that scene is brilliant, I really do.

When Cutty tells Avon "The game ain't in me no more", I think that's one of the greatest scenes in television history. I don't know why, but you see how Cutty changed. You also see how Avon respects him as a man, because it's all something they know they should do, but they can't cause it's all they know. I think that scene is brilliant, I really do.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

And as stand-up as Cutty turned out to be, his gym was funded by Avon.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

And as stand-up as Cutty turned out to be, his gym was funded by Avon.

Back
Top Bottom