A personal message to the writers of The Wire [Spoilers inside]

bodie dying was rough...he and avon were the most true to the game. and he went out like a soldier.

what got me the most was how omar got popped by a kid before ever getting butch's revenge.

season 2 was a waste, they could have got the point across in 2 or 3 episodes.

bodie dying was rough...he and avon were the most true to the game. and he went out like a soldier.

what got me the most was how omar got popped by a kid before ever getting butch's revenge.

Originally Posted by mosdef24

Reported.

Originally Posted by mosdef24

Reported.

Anywhere to watch the full series online? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I cried when Wallace died. My first thought was who was gonna feed/get all those little kids to school so they didnt have to be on the streets sellin.

Every time I saw Bubbles I just knew it was his time to OD but he made it to the end
laugh.gif

Man, I don't think I could've taken Bubs dying.
frown.gif

So glad he didn't.

As for Season 2, during my initial watching of the Wire I was on the side of those who were dissapointed with season 2. But after watching the series the 2nd time around I came to really appreciate that season. That season was pivotal in shaping the direction of the rest of the series.

Agreed....I don't know or understand why Season 2 gets so much hate.   I loved every aspect of Season 2.  The blue-collar feel of the city, the introduction of The Greek & his crew, the shipyard with the union, etc etc....It's just so fascinating how Frank held the Local in much higher regard than his own family...aka Ziggy.  I could go on and on, but the framework for the entire series was formed in Seasons 1 & 2. 

I cried when Wallace died. My first thought was who was gonna feed/get all those little kids to school so they didnt have to be on the streets sellin.

Every time I saw Bubbles I just knew it was his time to OD but he made it to the end
laugh.gif

frown.gif

So glad he didn't.

As for Season 2, during my initial watching of the Wire I was on the side of those who were dissapointed with season 2. But after watching the series the 2nd time around I came to really appreciate that season. That season was pivotal in shaping the direction of the rest of the series.

Agreed....I don't know or understand why Season 2 gets so much hate.   I loved every aspect of Season 2.  The blue-collar feel of the city, the introduction of The Greek & his crew, the shipyard with the union, etc etc....It's just so fascinating how Frank held the Local in much higher regard than his own family...aka Ziggy.  I could go on and on, but the framework for the entire series was formed in Seasons 1 & 2. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

frown.gif

So glad he didn't.

Season 2= White man runs this $#$%............Gets away with it CLEAN......while the hood is killing each other over your poison.....yea real pivotal.  
grin.gif

laugh.gif

frown.gif

So glad he didn't.

Season 2= White man runs this $#$%............Gets away with it CLEAN......while the hood is killing each other over your poison.....yea real pivotal.  
grin.gif

Season 2 was not a waste, it showed you how they got drugs into the community and who was the supplier. In the up coming seasons you can see how the rest of series conneted

Season 2 was not a waste, it showed you how they got drugs into the community and who was the supplier. In the up coming seasons you can see how the rest of series conneted

My favorite scene in the entire series:

Caught this comment on youtube:

The point of the scene is that Marlo is obsessed with his power. This is a demonstration of the same character trait he shows by killing people he doesn't need to: he enjoys power and uses it just to do it, not solely for practical purposes. In response to a few comments down: David Simon himself said that he felt Marlo received a kind of justice. Even though he "survived physically" as one guy put it, his name is dead. The kind of power he craved he no longer has. Money is meaningless to him.

My name is my name....

pimp.gif

So amazing on many levels....

I can see why there are college courses on this series.  Honestly, you can read up on it every day and learn something new that makes you appreciate the hell out of this show. I know my dude DC HATES hyperbole, but this is the best show EVER made.

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by size twelve

marlo's character seems kinda dated though. it's funny to see him rocking headbands casually.
laugh.gif
yea that always got me.

Marlo had just offed Joe and everybody knew it, yet in a matter of minutes he came in and took full control of Baltimore's drug trade. and not a single soul dared toobject. then he raises the package price just because he can.
laugh.gif
"oh by the way, the price of the brick goin up".. dude was a straight up coldblooded G
pimp.gif

The look of disgust that Slim shot Cheese at 1:27,think he had his mind made up about poppin him 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by size twelve

marlo's character seems kinda dated though. it's funny to see him rocking headbands casually.
laugh.gif
yea that always got me.

Marlo had just offed Joe and everybody knew it, yet in a matter of minutes he came in and took full control of Baltimore's drug trade. and not a single soul dared toobject. then he raises the package price just because he can.
laugh.gif
"oh by the way, the price of the brick goin up".. dude was a straight up coldblooded G
pimp.gif

The look of disgust that Slim shot Cheese at 1:27,think he had his mind made up about poppin him 
laugh.gif

The point of the scene is that Marlo is obsessed with his power. This is a demonstration of the same character trait he shows by killing people he doesn't need to: he enjoys power and uses it just to do it, not solely for practical purposes. In response to a few comments down: David Simon himself said that he felt Marlo received a kind of justice. Even though he "survived physically" as one guy put it, his name is dead. The kind of power he craved he no longer has. Money is meaningless to him.

My name is my name....

pimp.gif

I can see why there are college courses on this series.  Honestly, you can read up on it every day and learn something new that makes you appreciate the hell out of this show. I know my dude DC HATES hyperbole, but this is the best show EVER made.

My name is my name....

pimp.gif

I can see why there are college courses on this series.� Honestly, you can read up on it every day and learn something new that makes you appreciate the hell out of this show.� I know my dude DC HATES hyperbole, but this is the best show EVER made.�

We watched a few episodes in my sociology classes also

My name is my name....

pimp.gif

I can see why there are college courses on this series.� Honestly, you can read up on it every day and learn something new that makes you appreciate the hell out of this show.� I know my dude DC HATES hyperbole, but this is the best show EVER made.�

We watched a few episodes in my sociology classes also

My name is my name....

pimp.gif

wow..
going to rewatch this summer. hopefully i find the time. 

My name is my name....

pimp.gif

wow..
going to rewatch this summer. hopefully i find the time. 

Originally Posted by gambit215

grin.gif

If that's all you got out of the entire season, then you're failing to grasp the bigger message of the show. It's not all about the drugs.

Back
Top Bottom