A personal message to the writers of The Wire [Spoilers inside]

it pissed me off that clay davis got off free. shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

and that there weren't more sex scenes with kima.

i used to teach an english class and would always use that snoop hardware store scene in class as an example of a heavy accent.

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Season 2= White man runs this $#$%............Gets away with it CLEAN......while the hood is killing each other over your poison.....yea real pivotal.  
grin.gif
If that's all you got out of the entire season, then you're failing to grasp the bigger message of the show. It's not all about the drugs.
Please Enlighten, it is money, fame, money, respect.... the Wire was a great show, but some of yall studyin it WAY too hard....it gave you an hour into the world of B'More...... lemme guess it was a microcosm of America... blah blah blah..... Like I said, "The Greek was the supplier, everyone on the docks, the streets, wherever knows their role, when the cops get involved its time to slow things down, after they arent watchin, everything picks up.....
A simpleton's analysis. Let me guess, when people finally started shooting each other again in season 3, you thought it was great TV?

Season 2= White man runs this $#$%............Gets away with it CLEAN......while the hood is killing each other over your poison.....yea real pivotal.  
grin.gif
If that's all you got out of the entire season, then you're failing to grasp the bigger message of the show. It's not all about the drugs.
Please Enlighten, it is money, fame, money, respect.... the Wire was a great show, but some of yall studyin it WAY too hard....it gave you an hour into the world of B'More...... lemme guess it was a microcosm of America... blah blah blah..... Like I said, "The Greek was the supplier, everyone on the docks, the streets, wherever knows their role, when the cops get involved its time to slow things down, after they arent watchin, everything picks up.....
A simpleton's analysis. Let me guess, when people finally started shooting each other again in season 3, you thought it was great TV?

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by 36hypno

Favorite scene was Omar being confronted by Brother Muzone (hope that's spelled right
laugh.gif
)
Dope scene (I'm thinking of the Alley scene, not when Omar shot him in the Hotel). Their level of respect for each other was cool to see
Yep

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by 36hypno

Favorite scene was Omar being confronted by Brother Muzone (hope that's spelled right
laugh.gif
)
Dope scene (I'm thinking of the Alley scene, not when Omar shot him in the Hotel). Their level of respect for each other was cool to see
Yep

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!

Reading through a few replies... I'm with OP. Sometimes when I'm riding, bangin out to some gangsta ****, I have a random thought like "damn... they ain't have to kill my @@$!% Bodie.
30t6p3b.gif
"

DF!!!

thats how i feel about Wallace...i'll be watching the show he's on now Parenthood and just smh...they didn't have to do him like that

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

How the stories of Dukie and Randy ended was way more sad to me than Bodie getting killed. The scene where Carver tried adopting Randy broke my heart 
frown.gif

when I saw Duke walk into the alley...my dude never stood a chance w/the family he came from...at least he had Mike to get him that far...

I cried when Mike left Bug...all i could think about was being split up from my lil bro
frown.gif

i will definetly be watching this for the 3rd time...these threads always point out something new to me so i don't mind them every month
laugh.gif

the YT comment about Marlo's name was real
pimp.gif

And it's also a stark contrast to how The Greek and Vondas viewed their own names/identities...

Remember this from season 2? 

Vondas:  He knows my name, but my name is not my name. And you... to them you're only "The Greek". 

The Greek:  and, of course, I'm not even Greek.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!

Reading through a few replies... I'm with OP. Sometimes when I'm riding, bangin out to some gangsta ****, I have a random thought like "damn... they ain't have to kill my @@$!% Bodie.
30t6p3b.gif
"

DF!!!

thats how i feel about Wallace...i'll be watching the show he's on now Parenthood and just smh...they didn't have to do him like that

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

How the stories of Dukie and Randy ended was way more sad to me than Bodie getting killed. The scene where Carver tried adopting Randy broke my heart 
frown.gif

when I saw Duke walk into the alley...my dude never stood a chance w/the family he came from...at least he had Mike to get him that far...

I cried when Mike left Bug...all i could think about was being split up from my lil bro
frown.gif

i will definetly be watching this for the 3rd time...these threads always point out something new to me so i don't mind them every month
laugh.gif

the YT comment about Marlo's name was real
pimp.gif

And it's also a stark contrast to how The Greek and Vondas viewed their own names/identities...

Remember this from season 2? 

Vondas:  He knows my name, but my name is not my name. And you... to them you're only "The Greek". 

The Greek:  and, of course, I'm not even Greek.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
slim played his cards right, im glad he popped cheese
I want to watch the show again but i feel if i do I know im going to have more questions about it. Plus i dont want to get sad by seeing how mike and dukie end up.

pimp.gif
slim played his cards right, im glad he popped cheese
I want to watch the show again but i feel if i do I know im going to have more questions about it. Plus i dont want to get sad by seeing how mike and dukie end up.

"Aye yo! I think Slim gonna have to sit this one out boss".

This scene is classic. I knew either Stringer or Avon was gonna die. The loyalty was broken after this.......

This scene is classic. I knew either Stringer or Avon was gonna die. The loyalty was broken after this.......

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

if only they kept the story rolling with avon, stringer, and that dude slim in seasons 4 and 5

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

if only they kept the story rolling with avon, stringer, and that dude slim in seasons 4 and 5

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

I didn't feel bad for Bodie at all... in fact i'm actually surprised he lasted as long as he did.Money was too much of a hothead who didn't know how to stay low and off the radar (like his man Poot).The same goes for Omar (in terms of how long he lasted) except I really thought O was an ill character.Stringer was a piece of %%#@ and I just knew his time was up when he let the cat out of the bag about what REALLY went down with D'Angelo (the *!*+ was he thinking about?).Wallace's death did *!*+ with me a little though.
Oh yeah and *!*+ Marlo.
^ This. Ole snake !*! stringer
laugh.gif

I'm re-watching it, currently in season 2.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

I didn't feel bad for Bodie at all... in fact i'm actually surprised he lasted as long as he did.Money was too much of a hothead who didn't know how to stay low and off the radar (like his man Poot).The same goes for Omar (in terms of how long he lasted) except I really thought O was an ill character.Stringer was a piece of %%#@ and I just knew his time was up when he let the cat out of the bag about what REALLY went down with D'Angelo (the *!*+ was he thinking about?).Wallace's death did *!*+ with me a little though.
Oh yeah and *!*+ Marlo.
^ This. Ole snake !*! stringer
laugh.gif

I'm re-watching it, currently in season 2.

"It was his time to go, he ain't care who did him.  Didn't appreciate life and got aired for livin"

"It was his time to go, he ain't care who did him.  Didn't appreciate life and got aired for livin"

Too many favorite scenes for me, some of them are when Stringer is telling the crew about 40 degree days.
Poot opening his mouth "do they know we going to look like some punks" you know the rest lol.
Avon and D at the hospital.
Avon and Stringer reminiscing on the rooftop.
Bodie's death.
The 'F' scene.
Snoop showing how to shoot the BMORE way, and not West Coast.

When Randy says "Snoop, ur sis in my class" and her reply
laugh.gif

Too many memories

Too many favorite scenes for me, some of them are when Stringer is telling the crew about 40 degree days.
Poot opening his mouth "do they know we going to look like some punks" you know the rest lol.
Avon and D at the hospital.
Avon and Stringer reminiscing on the rooftop.
Bodie's death.
The 'F' scene.
Snoop showing how to shoot the BMORE way, and not West Coast.

When Randy says "Snoop, ur sis in my class" and her reply
laugh.gif

Too many memories

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

This threads reminds how much season 2 pisses me off. Straight up waste of a season.
the-wire.gif

It might have been the most "boring" season compared to the others, but it was crucial in broadening The Wire's impact and overall story. It showed the problems of the working class for Baltimore, and that the show could be more than drug dealers and cops. Plus storywise it was important to show how the drugs came in and the bigger players involved.

The overall series would suffer a lot without season 2.

Truth.
I always felt like they needed a season about health care...one in the hospitals between seasons 3 and 4, but after that, I loved how they structured things.

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

This threads reminds how much season 2 pisses me off. Straight up waste of a season.
the-wire.gif

It might have been the most "boring" season compared to the others, but it was crucial in broadening The Wire's impact and overall story. It showed the problems of the working class for Baltimore, and that the show could be more than drug dealers and cops. Plus storywise it was important to show how the drugs came in and the bigger players involved.

The overall series would suffer a lot without season 2.

Truth.
I always felt like they needed a season about health care...one in the hospitals between seasons 3 and 4, but after that, I loved how they structured things.

Back
Top Bottom