A personal message to the writers of The Wire [Spoilers inside]

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

And if you weren't mad when Bodie died you don't have a soul. We watched him grow up from a minor hopper in the first episodes into a seasoned veteran in the game. He grew up before our eyes! I already didn't like Marlo but that REALLY made me mad at dude.
Yeah I couldnt stand Marlo either, at all. The scene with him and the security at the store still irks me
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Season 2 is piff

Cheese had some memorable quotables that season
laugh.gif

"cottage-cheese chest *@% @%*++@!+*+%*" 

"not even a black man can style that @@!*" 

plus the whole angle with the greek was insightful 

I was just talking about this w/ someone on Twitter not too long ago.. When they killed Bodie, i was distraught.. my favorite character gone.. smh..

they need to put this $$*$ on netflix. i wanna watch this series bad.

they need to put this $$*$ on netflix. i wanna watch this series bad.

I was just talking about this w/ someone on Twitter not too long ago.. When they killed Bodie, i was distraught.. my favorite character gone.. smh..

i felt bad for the white guy in season 2. he tried so hard to save the docks.. and to just go out like that with the greek?

i felt bad for the white guy in season 2. he tried so hard to save the docks.. and to just go out like that with the greek?

Sorry to grave dig, but that episode was one of the most depressing episodes I've seen.
frown.gif
-_-

Sorry just finished Season 4 recently too. Gotta love HBO Go.

For the record, I liked Season 2 - it puts everything into perspective for Season 4/5.
EDIT: EEEK at the chess reference to season 1. Wow 
eek.gif

Sorry to grave dig, but that episode was one of the most depressing episodes I've seen.
frown.gif
-_-

Sorry just finished Season 4 recently too. Gotta love HBO Go.

For the record, I liked Season 2 - it puts everything into perspective for Season 4/5.
EDIT: EEEK at the chess reference to season 1. Wow 
eek.gif

Season 2 was tight. It really gets in depth about the American city which is in a way what The Wire is all about. It shows the Unions, politicians, government workers, etc. together. It also shows the dirt goes down and how many people actually look the other way.

Only thing I didn't like about Season 2 was Ziggy, what a %@!%$$% moron.
laugh.gif

As for the Wallace death, it was hard to watch but in honestly I hated to see Bodie die even more. The scence with Bodie and McNulty in the park showed how much Bodie evolved throughout the course of the show. Bodie even stated he did some %!@!, but nothing like Marlo was doing. The thing is, Stringer asked Bodie to kill Wallace. CHAIN OF COMMAND, what the show is all about. If Bodie didn't do it, he would have got it. Kill or be killed, that's the street mentality, friends or not friends, it's business.

Bodie and McNulty were talking and you knew Bodie was changing. He knew a lot of the %!@! in the past was bad but he had to live with it. You gotta remember Barksdale's crew would drop bodies, but only when absolutely necessary (The maintenance worker who was testifying and a few others). Snoop and Chris were droppin' people just for the hell of it, that's not how the Barksdales ran and Bodie new the organization was not to be run like that. What's even crazier is Bodie stood up for himself. He could have ran, but he knew that his time was going to come. Karma indeed caught up to him, but atleast he recognized how the game needed to be changed, and maybe it was him taking a fall that would change it. (leading McNulty back into Major Crimes).

That's just my two sense.

Season 2 was tight. It really gets in depth about the American city which is in a way what The Wire is all about. It shows the Unions, politicians, government workers, etc. together. It also shows the dirt goes down and how many people actually look the other way.

Only thing I didn't like about Season 2 was Ziggy, what a %@!%$$% moron.
laugh.gif

As for the Wallace death, it was hard to watch but in honestly I hated to see Bodie die even more. The scence with Bodie and McNulty in the park showed how much Bodie evolved throughout the course of the show. Bodie even stated he did some %!@!, but nothing like Marlo was doing. The thing is, Stringer asked Bodie to kill Wallace. CHAIN OF COMMAND, what the show is all about. If Bodie didn't do it, he would have got it. Kill or be killed, that's the street mentality, friends or not friends, it's business.

Bodie and McNulty were talking and you knew Bodie was changing. He knew a lot of the %!@! in the past was bad but he had to live with it. You gotta remember Barksdale's crew would drop bodies, but only when absolutely necessary (The maintenance worker who was testifying and a few others). Snoop and Chris were droppin' people just for the hell of it, that's not how the Barksdales ran and Bodie new the organization was not to be run like that. What's even crazier is Bodie stood up for himself. He could have ran, but he knew that his time was going to come. Karma indeed caught up to him, but atleast he recognized how the game needed to be changed, and maybe it was him taking a fall that would change it. (leading McNulty back into Major Crimes).

That's just my two sense.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

I'll never get the hate for Season 2. I mean, the concept of following a newsroom is far more boring than following the docks, in theory. But I would never say Season 5 is a waste of a season. I rank it last, but even the "worst" season of the Wire is better than 99% of television.

This. Wallace's death did touch me a little. I mean those were his boys and the fact that it happened in his own house.
30t6p3b.gif
 Bodie, I saw his death coming. He ran his mouth too much and didn't know when to just move on.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

I'll never get the hate for Season 2. I mean, the concept of following a newsroom is far more boring than following the docks, in theory. But I would never say Season 5 is a waste of a season. I rank it last, but even the "worst" season of the Wire is better than 99% of television.

This. Wallace's death did touch me a little. I mean those were his boys and the fact that it happened in his own house.
30t6p3b.gif
 Bodie, I saw his death coming. He ran his mouth too much and didn't know when to just move on.

I was late to the party. I drank the KoolAid about everybody here on NT hyping this show. Simmons and Whitlock doing podcasts on it...
Watched Season 1 on Netflix as soon as I could. I was watching a disc a night.
My eyes had opened up. This was great televsion.
Season 1, in my eyes, was one of the greatest season of any tv show in history.
With much anticipation I got season 2. popped in the disc and.....
This thing sucks balls. Hairy, donkey balls dude.
Greatest drop off of any show from the 1st to 2nd season.
Does it get better? I'm only like 1/2 way through season 2 and it's almost unwatchable...

-J-

I was late to the party. I drank the KoolAid about everybody here on NT hyping this show. Simmons and Whitlock doing podcasts on it...
Does it get better? I'm only like 1/2 way through season 2 and it's almost unwatchable...

-J-

I cried when Wallace died. My first thought was who was gonna feed/get all those little kids to school so they didnt have to be on the streets sellin.

Every time I saw Bubbles I just knew it was his time to OD but he made it to the end
laugh.gif

I cried when Wallace died. My first thought was who was gonna feed/get all those little kids to school so they didnt have to be on the streets sellin.

Every time I saw Bubbles I just knew it was his time to OD but he made it to the end
laugh.gif

The wire season 4 finale may be my favorite episode of a television show ever. they executed the closing montage PERFECTLY. then you see namond looking towards the old 'hood as the wind chimes are clinging and it fades out...unreal television.

and smh @ badmouthing season 2. my personal favorite season. definately better he second time around. i don't think any season tells the demise of characters better than the 2nd.

The wire season 4 finale may be my favorite episode of a television show ever. they executed the closing montage PERFECTLY. then you see namond looking towards the old 'hood as the wind chimes are clinging and it fades out...unreal television.

and smh @ badmouthing season 2. my personal favorite season. definately better he second time around. i don't think any season tells the demise of characters better than the 2nd.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

This threads reminds how much season 2 pisses me off. Straight up waste of a season.
the-wire.gif

It might have been the most "boring" season compared to the others, but it was crucial in broadening The Wire's impact and overall story. It showed the problems of the working class for Baltimore, and that the show could be more than drug dealers and cops. Plus storywise it was important to show how the drugs came in and the bigger players involved.

The overall series would suffer a lot without season 2.

alien.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

This threads reminds how much season 2 pisses me off. Straight up waste of a season.
the-wire.gif

It might have been the most "boring" season compared to the others, but it was crucial in broadening The Wire's impact and overall story. It showed the problems of the working class for Baltimore, and that the show could be more than drug dealers and cops. Plus storywise it was important to show how the drugs came in and the bigger players involved.

The overall series would suffer a lot without season 2.

alien.gif

Originally Posted by JBug88

-J-
Once you get through the last three seasons, you'll understand the brilliance of Season 2. As I've always said, Season 4 was far and away the best season, but Season 2 is the most important. Few people I know liked Season 2 the first time around, but once everyone realized Simon's ultimate storytelling vision as later seasons unfolded, it became clear how important it was.

Back
Top Bottom