A personal message to the writers of The Wire [Spoilers inside]

nah what you dont get is Bodie had to die.. he was part of the old regiment led by Avon... It was basically out with the old and in with the new. No way bodie could continute working for Marlo, he was basically a puppet. Only faith he has was death or leave the corners... . Now omar's murder thats poor shame, getting caught by 10 year old kid, smh

I'll never get the hate for Season 2. I mean, the concept of following a newsroom is far more boring than following the docks, in theory. But I would never say Season 5 is a waste of a season. I rank it last, but even the "worst" season of the Wire is better than 99% of television.

I'll never get the hate for Season 2. I mean, the concept of following a newsroom is far more boring than following the docks, in theory. But I would never say Season 5 is a waste of a season. I rank it last, but even the "worst" season of the Wire is better than 99% of television.

The newspaper I liked, especially since Simon worked for the paper.. It was Jimmy pretending to be a serial killer that was ridiculous
laugh.gif

The newspaper I liked, especially since Simon worked for the paper.. It was Jimmy pretending to be a serial killer that was ridiculous
laugh.gif

Yeah, that bit was hard to swallow. Only thing I liked about that was the FBI profile on the "killer" describing McNulty.

Yeah, that bit was hard to swallow. Only thing I liked about that was the FBI profile on the "killer" describing McNulty.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

That was the dumbest aspect of McNulty though
I got to watch the whole series again though...
thread got me wanting good tv

Originally Posted by Budweiser

That was the dumbest aspect of McNulty though
I got to watch the whole series again though...
thread got me wanting good tv

I watched the DVDs for like a week straight till I finished it all. I couldn't imagine being tortured to find out what next week would hold if I watched it on HBO
laugh.gif

I watched the DVDs for like a week straight till I finished it all. I couldn't imagine being tortured to find out what next week would hold if I watched it on HBO
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

laugh.gif
it was almost better that way though, just because you had a week to really marinate and think about the details of each episode.
i remember NT had a great running thread for Season 4 and there was tons of good back and forth discussion after each show. 
Budweiser wrote:
AdobeCS4 wrote:
This threads reminds how much season 2 pisses me off. Straight up waste of a season.

laugh.gif

Not going to go into it, but: THE SHOW IS NOT FOR YOU
laugh.gif
this. son completely missed out on the complexity of the show if he doesnt get season 2. you can tell who just watches the show for the ratchetness/people getting shot up, and who actually appreciates a good drama.
Season 2 was integral for everything that happened after.. the Barksdales would have still been standing if Prop Joe didn't have better dope on the Eastside. where did Joe get the "good dope" from? the Greeks. thats what set off the whole war and eventually led to the creation of the co-op. Season 2 also showed that it wasnt just the black gangs doing dirt, you still have other organized mobs like the Greeks running things. 

i

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

laugh.gif
it was almost better that way though, just because you had a week to really marinate and think about the details of each episode.
i remember NT had a great running thread for Season 4 and there was tons of good back and forth discussion after each show. 
Budweiser wrote:
AdobeCS4 wrote:
This threads reminds how much season 2 pisses me off. Straight up waste of a season.

laugh.gif

Not going to go into it, but: THE SHOW IS NOT FOR YOU
laugh.gif
this. son completely missed out on the complexity of the show if he doesnt get season 2. you can tell who just watches the show for the ratchetness/people getting shot up, and who actually appreciates a good drama.
Season 2 was integral for everything that happened after.. the Barksdales would have still been standing if Prop Joe didn't have better dope on the Eastside. where did Joe get the "good dope" from? the Greeks. thats what set off the whole war and eventually led to the creation of the co-op. Season 2 also showed that it wasnt just the black gangs doing dirt, you still have other organized mobs like the Greeks running things. 

i

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

I will never understand this. Ever

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

I will never understand this. Ever

you gotta appreciate Season 2 in the grand scheme of things.

S2 helped really explain the game in all its aspects. How they got it in and whatnot. As well as explain why Prop Joe was a major player.

And if you weren't mad when Bodie died you don't have a soul. We watched him grow up from a minor hopper in the first episodes into a seasoned veteran in the game. He grew up before our eyes! I already didn't like Marlo but that REALLY made me mad at dude.

you gotta appreciate Season 2 in the grand scheme of things.

S2 helped really explain the game in all its aspects. How they got it in and whatnot. As well as explain why Prop Joe was a major player.

And if you weren't mad when Bodie died you don't have a soul. We watched him grow up from a minor hopper in the first episodes into a seasoned veteran in the game. He grew up before our eyes! I already didn't like Marlo but that REALLY made me mad at dude.

I agree that season 2 was important and explained a lot of stuff, but I can also see why people like that season the least if that makes sense

I agree that season 2 was important and explained a lot of stuff, but I can also see why people like that season the least if that makes sense

RE: 2nd Season
WAY better on the 2nd go around for me (I didn't hate it the first time either)

Budweiser wrote:
 even the "worst" season of the Wire is better than 99% of television.

^ QFT

RE: 2nd Season
WAY better on the 2nd go around for me (I didn't hate it the first time either)

Budweiser wrote:
 even the "worst" season of the Wire is better than 99% of television.

^ QFT

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Yeah I couldnt stand Marlo either, at all. The scene with him and the security at the store still irks me
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Season 2 is piff

Cheese had some memorable quotables that season
laugh.gif

"cottage-cheese chest *@% @%*++@!+*+%*" 

"not even a black man can style that @@!*" 

plus the whole angle with the greek was insightful 

Back
Top Bottom