A personal message to the writers of The Wire [Spoilers inside]

Originally Posted by JBug88

I was late to the party. I drank the KoolAid about everybody here on NT hyping this show. Simmons and Whitlock doing podcasts on it...
Watched Season 1 on Netflix as soon as I could. I was watching a disc a night.
My eyes had opened up. This was great televsion.
Season 1, in my eyes, was one of the greatest season of any tv show in history.
With much anticipation I got season 2. popped in the disc and.....
This thing sucks balls. Hairy, donkey balls dude.
Greatest drop off of any show from the 1st to 2nd season.
Does it get better? I'm only like 1/2 way through season 2 and it's almost unwatchable...

-J-
Once you get through the last three seasons, you'll understand the brilliance of Season 2. As I've always said, Season 4 was far and away the best season, but Season 2 is the most important. Few people I know liked Season 2 the first time around, but once everyone realized Simon's ultimate storytelling vision as later seasons unfolded, it became clear how important it was.

man, i loved season 2

it was crazy intriguing how deep the greeks organization was. fbi connects, endless passports, a global criminal syndicate. in addition to that, season 2 showed a lot of important perspectives on blue collar america, which is deteriorating rapidly. i'm sure some of you caught johnny 50's cameo in season 5 as a bum under the bridge after the IBS was dismantled at the end of season 2
30t6p3b.gif

"they used to make steel there, no?"

man, i loved season 2

it was crazy intriguing how deep the greeks organization was. fbi connects, endless passports, a global criminal syndicate. in addition to that, season 2 showed a lot of important perspectives on blue collar america, which is deteriorating rapidly. i'm sure some of you caught johnny 50's cameo in season 5 as a bum under the bridge after the IBS was dismantled at the end of season 2
30t6p3b.gif

Wallace's death definitely had the greatest impact on me. Definitely set the tone for this being a story and not character driven shown. Meaning that any character no matter how popular was expendable to the story.

I can lie I didn't appreciate season 2 until I wagged season 3. That dude Ziggy just Annoyed me to no end. But without season 2 season 3 would not been as epic. It set the stage for so much.

Wallace's death definitely had the greatest impact on me. Definitely set the tone for this being a story and not character driven shown. Meaning that any character no matter how popular was expendable to the story.

I can lie I didn't appreciate season 2 until I wagged season 3. That dude Ziggy just Annoyed me to no end. But without season 2 season 3 would not been as epic. It set the stage for so much.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

man, i loved season 2

30t6p3b.gif

Nick Sobotka made a cameo in season 5 too i think.

man, i loved season 2

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

man, i loved season 2

30t6p3b.gif

He did. He was protesting a land development.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

man, i loved season 2

30t6p3b.gif

He did. He was protesting a land development.

i LOVED this show and got my father into it... he was heated that they killed Snoop...

but it was a GENIUS series and missed..

i LOVED this show and got my father into it... he was heated that they killed Snoop...

but it was a GENIUS series and missed..

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I cried when Wallace died. My first thought was who was gonna feed/get all those little kids to school so they didnt have to be on the streets sellin.

Every time I saw Bubbles I just knew it was his time to OD but he made it to the end
laugh.gif

Now thats the one character you could not kill off. Bubbles by far was the most honorable character on the show next to Cutty. He was a straight, decent, caring human being, he just happen to a drug fiend. His moral compass was alot better than other characters. You wanted him to get clean from the first time he got on screen.

If they had Bubbles die, I would have straight been tearing up watching.

I cried when Wallace died. My first thought was who was gonna feed/get all those little kids to school so they didnt have to be on the streets sellin.

Every time I saw Bubbles I just knew it was his time to OD but he made it to the end
laugh.gif

Now thats the one character you could not kill off. Bubbles by far was the most honorable character on the show next to Cutty. He was a straight, decent, caring human being, he just happen to a drug fiend. His moral compass was alot better than other characters. You wanted him to get clean from the first time he got on screen.

After watching season 2 the second time its definitely appreciated. Frank Sobotka was a stand up guy for his union though. Sucks he had to die like that. Ziggy was that dude though. I too thought he was annoying, but the guy who played him did an incredible job in making you hate him. He definitely wasn't about that life after actually murkin' that one guy who punked him out of his money for the Benzes.

After watching season 2 the second time its definitely appreciated. Frank Sobotka was a stand up guy for his union though. Sucks he had to die like that. Ziggy was that dude though. I too thought he was annoying, but the guy who played him did an incredible job in making you hate him. He definitely wasn't about that life after actually murkin' that one guy who punked him out of his money for the Benzes.

Originally Posted by Law3001

laugh.gif

Besides the copper pipe stealing schemes and planning to hot shot a mugger
roll.gif

Nah but I feel you Bubbles was one of the characters they portrayed as a "good guy." That s^%$ that happened with Sherrod
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Law3001

laugh.gif

Besides the copper pipe stealing schemes and planning to hot shot a mugger
roll.gif

Nah but I feel you Bubbles was one of the characters they portrayed as a "good guy." That s^%$ that happened with Sherrod
frown.gif

laugh.gif

I always expected him to die... if not from heroin, then from being a snitch for the entire series.

laugh.gif

I always expected him to die... if not from heroin, then from being a snitch for the entire series.

i didnt like that micheal became the next stick up kid, would rather seen him become the next avon, but i guess it wouldn't work because marlo's name is his name.

i didnt like that micheal became the next stick up kid, would rather seen him become the next avon, but i guess it wouldn't work because marlo's name is his name.

Back
Top Bottom