A Third Of America's 18-34 Years Olds Live With Their Parents

is obama part of the blame?

• yes, obama is a joke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, obama is GOAT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Personally I just feel if people kept it real with themselves and truly cut back on things that they don't need they could save and live on their own.

I don't give a damn how much money you are saving if you have a nice car, nice clothes and you are going out every week you can afford to move your *** out of your parents home.
Something to think about:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...ed+States&city1=Dallas,+TX&city2=New+York,+NY

and for am1x90xnike:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...ates&city1=Kansas+City,+MO&city2=New+York,+NY

Last edited:
I see no problem with ppl living at their folk's home. it sure saves a lot of money that would basically be thrown in the garbage paying useless bills to be "on your own". if you have the option its definitely better staying at home

I see no problem with ppl living at their folk's home. it sure saves a lot of money that would basically be thrown in the garbage paying useless bills to be "on your own". if you have the option its definitely better staying at home

You buy like hundreds of kicks a week though

Last edited:

"Useless bills" like what? Food, water, shelter? Utilities? Laundry?

So useless when you could be using that money to buy and sell sneakers. To make more money to buy and sell more sneakers. That's much more useful than providing the basic necessities of life for YOURSELF. You right.

Last edited:

So useless when you could be using that money to buy and sell sneakers. That's much more useful. You right.

I think he means like paying rent to live somewhere a block away from your folks when you could just stay with the family. The whole stay at home to buy shoes thing has gone far enough :lol: nobody said that's what they'd stay home for.

So useless when you could be using that money to buy and sell sneakers. To make more money to buy and sell more sneakers. That's much more useful than providing the basic necessities of life for YOURSELF. You right.

But why do that when your parents pay all those useless bills so you can spend all your time sneaker shopping?

But why do that when your parents pay all those useless bills so you can spend all your time sneaker shopping?

:rofl:

i love ur posts dawg

I think he means like paying rent to live somewhere a block away from your folks when you could just stay with the family. The whole stay at home to buy shoes thing has gone far enough :lol: nobody said that's what they'd stay home for.

Well considering who he was replying to; that is 100% the case

Well OC is not the Bay. But California livin (near the coast) is dat life.

Idk many people who made the move out here and regret, go for it

I can't see myself regret it coming from the chi where Every1 die lol

But for real that's my goal, to
Go live in peace away from everything
In paradise..which is what OC felt like for me

I have my hands tangled in too much and convincing family to do it isn't happening at the moment

But when everythings finished and time is right It will definitely be.happening

I can not wait for that moment
Cali is amazingView media item 1008130

I'm sure there are losers on NT that live at home with mombs just so they can buy a bunch of clothes and shoes (one name in particular should come to mind right away 
laugh.gif
), but to act like the majority of people age 18-34 living at home are doing so because they're lazy/unmotivated and just want to mooch and fake stunt is just plain dumb.  You're no better than the Tea Partiers that think government assistance is reserved for dirtbag drug addicts that are too lazy to go out and get a job.

Da ignorance, b.

This is mind-blowing for the fact that in any thread about the economy/higher costs/etc. 90% of the posters judge those that the stories are about and tell them to stop flipping burgers and do something better....then I get into this thread and see 90% of the people saying you should stay at home because it is more comfy
laugh.gif
 well yeah....?

You buy like hundreds of kicks a week though

read the guys post below yours.

pretty much. Why the hell would I pay $1k+ rent alone to live in a ****hole in NYC when I can live at my place. No logical reason. Now if I hit the lotto I'd consider buying another spot but still probably live at home. I love my family, no need to be anywhere else

read the guys post below yours.
pretty much. Why the hell would I pay $1k+ rent alone to live in a ****hole in NYC when I can live at my place. No logical reason. Now if I hit the lotto I'd consider buying another spot but still probably live at home. I love my family, no need to be anywhere else

I feel like I've heard this before...

Wait I did from Ninjahood in 2003

What you do for a living? How old are you also? I'm sincerely curious.

Last edited:
Oh I know the difference in costs of living, I have lived on the eastcoast for most of my life. I'd rather work three jobs to afford an apartment that I'm never at then have a bunch of free time kicking it at my parents house. When I lived in MD, the reason I was struggling was because I only worked one job and wanted to have some fun...then I realized...fun wasn't that fun anymore, I didn't like Md and moved back to KC to be CLOSER to my mom...then this women moves to Baltimore, so after I graduate I gotta go back, I can't have her out there struggling with my bum *** family, I'll have the wherewithall so my goal is my mom, my brothers and my niece. I don't really like a lot of people (hence the small circle talk) and everyone in Md always wanted to do things that cost way more money than I could afford.

I'd never tell someone to just move, and I know if you got kids it's inmeasurably harder; but there are programs, there is help out there, you can get another job, there is a lot you can do, you ain't the first nor will you be the last to have kids when you are not ready. Oh your mom is in the same city? Yeah I'm going to need you to watch your grand children while I take this class to get us out of this ****** one bedroom in the hood (because living in the hood is all I can afford), and kids, especially young kids, it's not that bad for them to live in the hood...just make sure they are out of there by the time they hit middle school, thats when it gets real.

All I'm saying is, if you really wanted to, there is always a way. I'm not a big excuse guy, I like reasons, because identifying reasons will help you find solutions, so if you are just telling me "I can't because x" instead of "I can't right now because of x, but I'm bout to do Y and get myself together" then I got nothing for you.

This post was needed.. I've seen people who were living here under the same salary go to the south making about 12-15 $ an hour and be able to afford housing, Car & all utilities. The price of living out here is disgusting & the fact that London is significantly more hurts my brain.

This post was needed.. I've seen people who were living here under the same salary go to the south making about 12-15 $ an hour and be able to afford housing, Car & all utilities. The price of living out here is disgusting & the fact that London is significantly more hurts my brain.
Tell me about it.  My brother just moved from Da Heights to New Orleans to start his Cardiology residency at Tulane.  Dude is making $50K to start and is living like a king down there.  $50K in NYC is on the low end of working-class.

Personally I just feel if people kept it real with themselves and truly cut back on things that they don't need they could save and live on their own.

I don't give a damn how much money you are saving if you have a nice car, nice clothes and you are going out every week you can afford to move your *** out of your parents home.
Something to think about:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...ed+States&city1=Dallas,+TX&city2=New+York,+NY

and for am1x90xnike:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...ates&city1=Kansas+City,+MO&city2=New+York,+NY

I posted this in thread about how great NYC is and when I said I'd have to make 150K to live the same lifestyle in NYC people laughed at me

Back
Top Bottom